Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Against the anomalies I mentioned earlier the Ioniq hybrid deserves some balancing scores of best features I experienced so far:

1. Very clear and neat dashboard with a great digital TFT display, minimal number of buttons arranged in a logical setting and soft touch materials (easy to clean - non elektrostatic)

2. EV driving and fuel economy. With only 500km driving from delivery fuel consumption is already on 5l/100km (1:20). This is amazing since my Honda Civic took almost 5000km to reach such figures.

3. Comfortable electric driver front seat with memory settings for 2 drivers. Also front passenger seat can be adjusted in height manually. My wife is very small and she is fond of it!

4. The acceleration is surprisingly good when hitting the throttle. You'll never beat V6 machines but in general I'm impressed how easy you'll keep ahead of several mid-class competitors (Bye Bye, see you when you get there)

5. I really love the DCT 6 gear transmission compared to CVT like in Honda hybrids. This is my best choice ever; NEVER will return to clutching and poking around in the mid console. Sport driving mode will only be used to escape from the Police ;-)

6. Blind Spot Detection is a real advantage especially in city traffic when passing scooters and bicycles and on highways at night.

7. Bluetooth connection for handsfree calling and audio connects and responds quickly, flawless and easy. I've seen much worse in Honda.

8. And there finally it is: a great and fitting cabin for my sunglasses!. Jabadabadoe! Never had this before in any of my Honda's. For me wearing glasses it's a true jewel of equipment. Glad to exchange it for the missing ashtray!

9. The clear backend reverse camera and parking sensors around makes missing parking assistance a no-brainer.

10. The standard alloy 15 inch wheels look impressive, contribute to a best aerodynamics and moreover are very easy to clean. No broken fingers in removing cluttery brakepad discharge. You'll never need rim cleaner anymore. Great!

11. Green anti-blind windshield zone. Americans know why.

12. Great sunroof for my wife. Contact lenses and Airco don't like eachother.

13. Rear Cross Traffic Alert to stay in control at supermarket parking lots.

14. Smart Cruise Control and Speed limiter.

15. Dual-zone climate control with ADS. My wife is always frozen and I'm continuously perspirating. Can't imagine how we ever survived without it.

The Pro's of the Ioniq certainly outnumber the Con's. I guess Hyundai automotive will very soon equal Samsungs pole position in the smartphone segment, leaving japanese car brands far behind in performance/price ratio.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nice! Thanks for taking the time to write that out. It's the little things that you mentioned that really make someone fall in love with a vehicle like the spot for your sunglasses or memory settings for 2 drivers with passenger height adjustments.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Dual zone climate control was a must for me for the very reasons you mentioned ?

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
There is the option Driver Only that I know (driver zone). But it feels better when the whole car is warm.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I am always a warm & the hubby is always cold, so the dual zone heating is really great for us.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
There is the option Driver Only that I know (driver zone). But it feels better when the whole car is warm.
You will see (well, feel) bulk air movement from one side of the car to the other if you have the pax zone off and drivers-only zone on.
Noticed it on a roundabout yesterday in 27 degree temps when there was a sudden waft of hot air as I moved from left to right (and I know it wasn't me...)

0:)

Strangely didn't notice one side feeling cold in the winter.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Agree with Rene on the car features, but for me the best part is the all-day comfort - I've done successive 7-hour driving days with no loss of comfort against my benchmark of a Volvo V40.

I do however, have both driver seat presets set up to allow me to change the driving position at various stationary points in the journey as I like to vary the position of my knees when supported by the nub of the seat.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Agree with Rene on the car features, but for me the best part is the all-day comfort - I've done successive 7-hour driving days with no loss of comfort against my benchmark of a Volvo V40.

I do however, have both driver seat presets set up to allow me to change the driving position at various stationary points in the journey as I like to vary the position of my knees when supported by the nub of the seat.
I agree the car is remarkably comfortable to drive, and it is its single best feature IMO. I credit that on the very low level of engine vibrations, even more than on the seats. So much more comfortable than a diesel!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Pros:
MPG meter is extremely accurate compared to pen & paper calculations
The basic sound system is pretty decent
Emergency stop, LKAS and active cruise control as standard is pretty good for a car at this price point!
Fuel consumption is awesome, on a whole tank it does 60mpg easily, 50% mway driving and 50% town.
Comfortable to sit in!
DCT box is pretty good, fast seemless shifts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Lots of likes and most are mentioned above. Not many dislikes at all. One of the things I do like is the way the wing mirrors tip down when reversing to give you a better view of the kerb and obstacles you are manoeuvering past.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The only dislike I have is the tiny delay once I step on the accelerator if I have come to a stop(unless I am on sports mode).

This can create issues if you have to leave a junction /roundabout quickly when I am trying to avoid blocking an approaching car

I have learnt to work around this with a bit of planning ( shift to sports mode while approaching a junction/roundabout to make a quick getaway.)

The rest of the car is absolutely perfect!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I like the charging locations shown in the satnav when driving. In Holland there are quite a lot of fastchargers located directly at the highway. Very comforting to see you can charge almost every 20 km.

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
Do you see the Fastned chargers in the satnav system? Some don't.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also, the look of it! I actually like the look as much or more as a Prius and the drive too! Also, I hated the Prius' additional "P" button to put the car in park (that unnecessary complication causes accidents in some cases).

·
Registered
4 Posts
dear friends... i am trying to decide between different trim levels SE, SEL or limited. My main and only consideration is lane centering while driving on highway.

If HDA is not mandatory for lane centering not just pulling me back from crossing the lane markings, what would be the lowest trim that i could get which has lane centering feature whilst driving on a highway ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts