Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had the ioniq5 for about a month now. Experience has been awesome overall, but I just noticed today some bubbling in the trim on the rear passengers side door. The rear is barely used so definitely not because of moisture or anything like that, it just looks like maybe the adhesive is coming up in some spots.

Anyone else having this issue ?

Trim defects

·
Registered
2022 AWD Ultimate Johnny 5
393 Posts
There have been other reports of early UK I5 owners having adhesive from vinyl trim separating near the front door speaker. This one seems like a new problem. Nonetheless this is a warranty problem get your dealer to replace it.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited Lucid Blue/Gray
313 Posts
Have had the ioniq5 for about a month now. Experience has been awesome overall, but I just noticed today some bubbling in the trim on the rear passengers side door. The rear is barely used so definitely not because of moisture or anything like that, it just looks like maybe the adhesive is coming up in some spots.

Anyone else having this issue ?

Trim defects
Any updates?

·
Registered
9 Posts
bring it to your dealership, this should hopefully be covered under warranty I had something similiar but on the outside car body trim, they had no problem replacing and painting the part for free.
demand it if you must, you didnt spend all this money on a car to have these issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If anyone was wondering they had to replace the entire interior of the door, they couldn’t just fix the trim piece. The service guy said the part was over $1K.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts