Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

EV with gull wing doors? I don't think it would've been practical, although it's cool concept.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Those doors are usually reserved for sports cars or luxury models and the ioniq is neither. Cool concept but I don't think you'll ever see it on the ioniq. Where did you find it? Could be a hint as to what we'll be seeing in the future for Hyundai's green lineup. Or it could be just a rendering.

·
Registered
323 Posts
If it helps with passenger loading/unloading like the Tesla Model X doors, then yes, if it's just for show...NO.

Tesla did an amazing job with the doors but I heard they already had issues with production vehicles

·
Registered
55 Posts
The model X is so expensive largely because of those doors and the R&D that went into it. If Hyundai develops their own, the resulting vehicle would cost around the same as the Model X, definitely will not appear in a mass marketed model like the ioniq. The doors that open straight outwards are a pain if you need to park in tight spaces. Good luck getting out.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It's still worth it for the fact it's a special Luxury EV. If BMW made something similar I bet it would come out costing just as much or slightly undercutting it to start, and eventually cross the same pricing level, even beyond depending on how you spec it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
But Hyundai isn't really in the luxury market unless they decide to come out with a Halo SUV or crossover I don't see them doing that. Most of their vehicles are affordable and I don't think they even have anything close to the 100k price range.

·
Registered
323 Posts
They are with the Genesis, so it wouldn't be all that out of place if they did eventually create something along the lines of a cheaper Tesla. I think it would be well received, but it would have to be under the Genesis name.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts