Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you wanting to buy a second set of wheels for winter tires, the wheel bolt pattern on the Ioniq is 5 x 114.3 mm.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Perfect ! 5x114.3 has the largest selection ever which is great. Does anyone know if the electric variant uses LRR tires ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Perfect ! 5x114.3 has the largest selection ever which is great. Does anyone know if the electric variant uses LRR tires ?
I'm not sure about other markets, but the US models use the Michelin Energy Saver tires which are low rolling resistance rated.

Via the Ioniq Electric facebook group, we learned today the missing center bore diameter spec. and also the offset specs for the alternate 15" and 17" sized Ioniq wheels as well. We don't yet know what the original equipment 16" wheel offset is though.

Center hole: 67mm
Offset 15” 46mm
Offset 17” 53mm (corrected from initially indicated 50mm)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ouch.. that's a pretty penny for a tire :|

At least you're other tires weren't really worn out otherwise you would have to change 2 though..? Trying to look at it from the brighter side... 0:)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Looking forward to somebody posting complete wheel specs. We still lack the width dimension. Also, are those offsets + or -?

Ideally, there should be something marked on the wheel that describes all the critical parameters. example: 6J x 15 H2 ET46.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For those of you wanting to buy a second set of wheels for winter tires, the wheel bolt pattern on the Ioniq is 5 x 114.3 mm.

OK, but I don't think it's enough... I mean, there should be something marked on the wheel itself, something that describes all the other parameters, for example what about ET ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, but I don't think it's enough... I mean, there should be something marked on the wheel itself, something that describes all the other parameters, for example what about ET ?
Can you take one off of your Ioniq and take a photo of the specs cast into the back of the wheel then?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know that :) but are they official ?
I mean when I took off one of my 17" wheels, there clearly was a "ET53" on one of its shoulders. Yes, that's a 53 and not 50, which has been suggested recently.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know that :) but are they official ?
I mean when I took off one of my 17" wheels, there clearly was a "ET53" on one of its shoulders. Yes, that's a 53 and not 50, which has been suggested recently.
I guess we'll have to wait until someone takes a picture of the backside of the wheel. Do you have a photo of the ET53? If so, I will edit the post to update it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We don't yet know what the original equipment 16" wheel offset is though.
We will never know, because there is simply no 16" option available. Maybe 205/55 R16 would be OK, but for some reason, it is not approved. So, there is only 15" and 17". Weird, but I've seen such things in other cars, as well.

And that's not all... Load or no load, 15" or 17", it's all the same pressure. Which leads me to believe, that the car itself was designed with 15" in mind and that 17" are there only for the looks. See the attached thumbnail.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I still don't know if I'm going to go with an Ioniq or Niro. The Niro comes with 16 or 18" wheels, with the larger one taking the same kind of mileage hit as the 15 versus 17" wheels. I'm curious is these wheels are compatible with both models and if the 15" ones do better than the 16" one for mileage. The Niro gets 10/12 percent less mpg than the Iconic, and while most of the is the increased coefficient of drag and larger frontal area, if any of it is due to the wheel size, I'd be interested in the 15" wheels if I end up with a Niro.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Offset 15” 46mm
Yep... I used a set of steel wheels with covers from my other car, a MY 2009 Honda Civic. They are 6,00x15 5x114,30 ET45 and they fit perfectly (1 mm difference with the ET, as you can see). I don't like how it looks now (see the tumb below), so I will definitely get a proper set of original 15" from the dealer.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 82 Posts