Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been reading that one of the problems people keep discussing with the Ioniq is that the rear head room is a little underwhelming. I'm wondering if anyone has been in both and can really comment on the differences in space between the two? I would think, being a CSUV, the Niro would have more room inherently, but looking at the specs, that doesn't necessarily seen to be the case. In fact the Ioniq matches up very well numbers-wise.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
The numbers verify that the Niro has significantly more rear headroom than the Ioniq. I have not been in both but I have been in the Niro. I'm 6'3" with a 36" inseam and I had no trouble with headroom in the front or back of the Niro. Legroom and foot room in the back was OK as long as the front seat isn't all the way back. I really appreciated the under-thigh support I got in the driver's seat of the Niro. I usually have to sit on my bony butt with no thigh support and splay my legs. However, I did need the seat all the way back to get that support.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have been in both and the Niro definitely has more headroom in the back. My hair was grazing the top of the ceiling of the Ioniq (although I was not uncomfortable and the leg room was excellent in my opinion) but in the Niro I did not notice that. I still had another inch or two of headroom in the Niro.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I rode in the back of the Ioniq while my wife drove (we shared the test drive). I'm 6'8" and my head was tilted to the side - the headroom is as poor as described elsewhere. Great front seat accommodation though.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
At 6' 8" your headroom must suck in most car's rear seats outside of limos! (resisting references to other thread about cutting body parts to fit in the back).

·
Registered
189 Posts
I forgot to mention I'm barely over 6' for reference. I've mentioned that in previous posts but I don't expect you to go hunting that down!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha yeah. Most of my friends/family tend to be around 6' or less.. I'm only 5'8" so it wouldn't bother me much.. If I ever were to ride in the back haha. But I road in the back of my friends tiny little fiat 500 the other day, and that thing had absolutely no head room even for someone shorter like me.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
The rear seats are just a place to attach the baby carrier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts