Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Northern Europe (or at least Denmark) we need to treat the undercarriage of the car to give extra rust protection.
We salt the roads in the winter when it snows. Metal, Salt and moisture = rust!!! (No matter what the guarantee says)...

I took it to the local “guy” he has very good trustpilot and google ratings. He had never done an Ioniq before, but had done other HEV/PHEVs like fords and toyota’s.

He said said he has not experienced a PHEV/HEV so Mechanic friendly. Everything was easy to get too, easy to remove and easy to put back. He literally had his hands up when he was finished, I was told....

He had a Ford PHEV at the start of the week. He said it was Horrible to work on!!! Toyota’s you need to take 3 things apart to work on one thing, and put it back in a new order... The Ioniq was “Great to work on”....
I thought I would buzz this out...
If you have an Ioniq, your rust guy will be happy :)
Good job Hyundai :)

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Ioniq Electric Premium SE Black
105 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how long do you expect the car to last with and without rust protection? And what work is done to provide rust protection? I plan to keep my Ioniq for as long as possible ... or is this not wise with modern cars and their expensive electronics?

·
Registered
Ioniq Electric 38KWh
194 Posts
Roads are salted in the Winter in the UK (and regularly here "up north"). I've never had rust protection applied to car and I've not had an issue with under body rust.

I think pre mid nineties cars, before zinc etc. coatings it was a big issue, but doesn't seem to be as much these days.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just out of curiosity, how long do you expect the car to last with and without rust protection? And what work is done to provide rust protection? I plan to keep my Ioniq for as long as possible ... or is this not wise with modern cars and their expensive electronics?
We have a Danish car owner “union” / club / lobby org. . They do a lot of research on this.
The DK weather is moist, damp, and we use salt in winter.
Standard rust protection is not good enough. Especially the Asian cars seem to have bad stats (Hyundai Santro) was statistically second worst the last 10 years or something

The doors and undercarriage can rust.

I was told by the rust guy that a lot of the Ioniq is aluminum and plastic, probably because of better weight. So maybe not as many issues...

Now that I have the protection there is a follow up check every 2 years... so we will see...

getting the undercarriage rust protected also helps with resale value...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the standard recommendation from the “ United Danish Motorists” :

(please remember that the max distance from the sea here is about 175km. So we get salt winds from east, west, south and north.
I live on Zealand, the capital island, it is even closer all around to the ocean...Our highest elevation is 171m above the sea. So Danmark = great for wind turbines, and eats metal for lunch :- )

-All cars should be rust protected since they are brand new, as they are often not produced for the Danish climate
- The earlier the car is rust protected, the better it is for the car
Every two years, you should have an independent professional assess whether the car needs rust protection

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hej Hr. Johnsen :)
Jo, I Herlev.

Han har mega gode Trustpilot ratings.
De er en man og kone virksomhed, så man støtter også “den lille mand” (de er kun de to). Tror kun han laver 2 biler om dagen.
Husk FDM skriver at de er ikke er påvist at de forskellig behandlinger er bedre end hindanden. De er kun påvist at kvaliteten af arbejdet gøre en forskel.

Obs. Jeg fik ikke billeder, kun oversigt af arbejdet og en 30års garrentee ;-)
Hvis du vil have billeder, tror jeg man skal spørger...

God dag, Mvh

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hej Hr. Johnsen :)
Jo, I Herlev.

Han har mega gode Trustpilot ratings.
De er en man og kone virksomhed, så man støtter også “den lille mand” (de er kun de to). Tror kun han laver 2 biler om dagen.
Husk FDM skriver at de er ikke er påvist at de forskellig behandlinger er bedre end hindanden. De er kun påvist at kvaliteten af arbejdet gøre en forskel.

Obs. Jeg fik ikke billeder, kun oversigt af arbejdet og en 30års garrentee ;-)
Hvis du vil have billeder, tror jeg man skal spørger...

God dag, Mvh
Fedt! Tusind tak for det udførlige svare. :) Det vil jeg helt sikkert benytte mig af. Må man spørge hvad det kostede på en IONIQ?

Mvh.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
de var kr. 4750,- innk. Moms.
Lidt mere en f.eks FDM, men man kun vist få leje bil med for kr 75,- eller sådan noget. Tjek deres site :)

jeg fokuseret på kommentar på trust pilot, og den dialog jeg havet med dem om det. Derfor betalt lidt mere end normalt... PHEV eller EV er ikke bare en normal behandling. De skal laves ordenligt mht. stærk strøm...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello, there are videos from russia of a garage company that conserves cars there you can see hyundai s of one year old that don't look so good, they use cannon grease

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hyundai says you will lose your warranty but what good is it if there is a rust devil underneath that does not solve hyundai, so I ordered cannon grease from xado russian recipe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts