1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
Nice score!

·
Registered
68 Posts
The video clip of the automatic braking is pretty impressive. Seeing the crash tests of a car I'm about to own was eye opening (and reassuring)

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The video clip of the automatic braking is pretty impressive. Seeing the crash tests of a car I'm about to own was eye opening (and reassuring)

one of the things I always look for, a good score and whether the passenger safety cell deforms at all

usual place if any deformation is the top of the screen, also watch the rear top edge of the front doors to see if any movement

·
Registered
78 Posts
We'll have to wait for the IIHS small overlap crash test. Many 5 star cars failed the small overlap test. It also looks like IIHS is testing small overlap for passenger side as well and Hyundai scored good for passenger side. Let's hope the Ioniq got the same reinforcement treatment on the passenger side as the Tucson.

·
Registered
359 Posts
We'll have to wait for the IIHS small overlap crash test. Many 5 star cars failed the small overlap test. It also looks like IIHS is testing small overlap for passenger side as well and Hyundai scored good for passenger side. Let's hope the Ioniq got the same reinforcement treatment on the passenger side as the Tucson.

We don't have much to worry about when it comes to that test. I like to look at the brand as a whole and then at vehicles from that brand that come close to what i'm getting, in this case that's the Elantra. As for how it did in the frontal overlap test...

see for yourself:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts