Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an email from a dealer stating the Ioniq is now available with the Affinity discount scheme. It is not being shown on the Hyundai website yet in the Affinity scheme. Has anyone seen any information about this?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A discount PCP scheme available to certain companies or authorities staff (Nhs etc). Details are on the Hyundai website. Google Hyundsi Affinity. There is a list of the models and the offers available..

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Last time I looked the Ioniq wasn't on the Affinity website , though my local dealer did phone me last week to tell it was now available on the their systems . Didn't have the heart to phone him back and tell him he was too slow ;)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ahh right. My car is leased but as it's going through a work scheme where it's done on salary sacrifice, I pay before I get taxed and NI taken out so pay less tax and ni. Plus having most of the vat element covered by work as they claim that back. I will only pay a little benefit in kind.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I plan on giving my local Dealer tomorrow when I get chance to discuss what the affinity deal looks like (After a heads up from Chunga a few days back!) :D

I will say though that when I had a 'discounted' quote through work for a fiat 500 for my Wife it actually worked out more expensive over the PCP period than the 'Base price' (which is why we ended up buying the UP!).

I'm hoping they will talk to me about it over the phone though, as its around a half hour drive through bumper to bumper traffic to my local dealer... :( Then again it's an excuse to call in and see my parents on the way I guess!

·
Registered
66 Posts
My main thing is I now plan on keeping it long term for 5ish+ years (possibly keeping it after paying the final payment even! at least until the battery warranty expires)

It seems PCP is cheapest when taken for 3years but if I planned on doing that and just returning it at the end then I'd be better leasing.
So I plan on asking specifically about 5year deals as well as asking if the final re-payment can be refinanced (VW offer you the option of repaying the final value over a 2year period, If Hyundai did similar I'd be more than happy!)

Not to mention asking then about their Demo car... :)

having never purchased a car from a dealer myself I'm finding trying to work out what's best in regards to financing it really stressful, especially when working to such a tight budget (unless my promotion application comes through!)

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
PCP is good if like me you only keep the car for a fixed period (2-3 years ) as you only in effect pay for the depreciation of the car, hence you have to declare your anticipated mileage as it affects the value at the end of the contract and so the depreciation you have to finance

if you are keeping it long term a bank loan or other finance option may be better, one thing to note is banks etc. generally tend to offer lower interest rates than dealer finance so do a bit of research

GAP / Return to invoice insurance is generally a good idea (dealers tend to have a fair bit of haggle room on this, but again you can get this from other places as well) this insurance covers the difference in loan / finance outstanding to value of the vehicle, as if it is written off for any reason your insurance will pay minimum market value which may not be enough to pay of any finance / loan you used to buy it, the gap insurance insures the difference between what the insurance payout and finance / loan you owe on the car

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
just got this from dealer when I asked about affinity

Good morning BC1! :) Shocked me but yes it is! If you go premium se with a colour you save ..... £3,232.08 so a massive saving there! Do you want a new one? lol
so some good discounts are available if you qualify for Hyundai's affinity scheme here in the UK, but as normal there can be strings attached, chat to your dealer and check which models models are in the scheme and the what discount applies to them and any other conditions, as not all models / trim levels are available on affinity and sometimes its not the best deal

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Some good points in both posts there BC1 . Affinity , like most auto deals , seem heavily weighted to PCP which isn't really for me . I went down the bank loan route myself . I own the car outright so , if finances take a downturn , there'll be none of the hassles associated with selling a financed car .
I did think of waiting for an Affinity deal, but I couldn't wait to get into an Ioniq :) . I got the demo Premium ( the sweet spot methinks ) , at a saving of £2500 approximately so I've not really lost much on the deal you were quoted

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks BC1! Very informative!

I had never thought of a bank loan actually! And that could well make sense (or at the very least, be another avenue to look at if I lean more towards an ex-demo car!) And by the sounds of it I could still get gap insurance on this (just presumably not via the dealer)?

By the looks of it the affinity brings down the brand new cost to that in line with the ex-demos I've been seeing on Motors/Autotrader, but would still be interested to see monthly breakdowns so I'll give them a call tomorrow. It's good to know what sort of price to expect though!

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Thanks BC1! Very informative!

I had never thought of a bank loan actually! And that could well make sense (or at the very least, be another avenue to look at if I lean more towards an ex-demo car!) And by the sounds of it I could still get gap insurance on this (just presumably not via the dealer)?

By the looks of it the affinity brings down the brand new cost to that in line with the ex-demos I've been seeing on Motors/Autotrader, but would still be interested to see monthly breakdowns so I'll give them a call tomorrow. It's good to know what sort of price to expect though!
you can still get gap through the dealer I think as it tends to be a separate product, but it tends to be more expensive, but you can haggle, just make sure you compare like for like, so get the details of the dealer gap and compare the small print to any cheaper ones you find

have a look on those price comparison sites for loan rates, then I tend to look at the names I know rather than the real cheap ones

as ever talk to dealer, do some research, talk to dealer again etc have a monthly budget in mind, I tend to give my dealer the lower - mid budget figures and see what they come up with then start narrowing in on the deal going up to your upper limit of you need to, main thing is to keep talking to you dealer and work out a deal good for both but don't take the first offer

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
That's the key. I saved 35 per month for 4 years asking my leasing company to sharpen their pencil.
yep, get first deal on paper, take it away to "think about as its a bit more than you thought" make sure they have your details then leave them for a day or two

make sure you have a realist expectation of the part-ex price if swapping a car by looking it up on either glasses or CAP (it will cost you less than £5 each and you get to put in mileage condition etc for an accurate valuation), print it out and take it with you as proof if they try and give you a low valuation, my dealer pulls it up onscreen in front of me so no issues, my old dealer used to check it in the back office then come and tell me (room for them giving me a low price unless you know what to expect and have the evidence)

when you take your car in for valuation make sure it is clean and presented as you would expect to see it if you were going to buy it (dirty cars tend to be valued lower as dirt can hide issues and if you have neglected to keep the car clean have you neglected maintenance?)

but it all comes down to trust, honesty and respect between you and your dealer, if you both have that for each other then you will be able to work out a good deal for both of you

·
Registered
260 Posts
dirty cars tend to be valued lower as dirt can hide issues
Yep, like a 17 year old on a moped who was going to quick on black ice and ended up in the back of my Golf this morning and cracked the bumper. Thankfully no injuries and my car is drive able until it goes in for repair

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Contacted my dealer about the Affinity scheme, I already had negogiated a discount of £2,060 off a new blue Premium SE but this has now been increased to a £3,232.08 discount under the Affinity scheme. Dealer is Kent Hyundai in Tunbridge Wells. I can thoroughly recommend them. Heath Mummery is the Sales Manager.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Couldn't go and see the dealer they said they had a load of pick-ups booked in so couldn't guarantee they had time to talk me through a quote properly under the scheme. :(

So dropped an email request for a quote through in the mean time. If I don't get any reply/quote by Wednesday I'll try their other branch instead (I'm based almost exactly between two of them).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts