Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My wife had a little accident with the Ioniq this morning and the front bumper and grill are both damaged :(

I took it to my local dealership and was told the following:

Bumper around £140+VAT (unsprayed)
Hyundai Badge £360+VAT (because it comes with the autonomous brake unit)
Front Grill £540+VAT

Is anyone able to advise where i can possibly source the parts cheaper? I don't really want to claim on my insurance but i also don't want to be ripped off!!

I've attached a picture of the damage.

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tiq,

Please add your general location in your profile and model into your signature.

Must have been a bad day today. Nobody got hurt? Hopefully you get this solved. There is no damage to the internal parts behind the grill?

Normally I would try 2nd hand parts and get them sprayed like new. But the market is still pretty small. Other option would be to get the parts off and repair them, and spray again (except for the radar unit).
It's no option to get this covered by your insurance? Last option would be to give this car to your wife and get a new one yourself

Maybe look here to check parts and prices, https://www.hyundaipartsdeal.com/parts-list/2018-hyundai-ioniq-hybrid/front-bumper.html

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Definitely fix it through the insurance - it WILL end up more expensive than that.
When I pranged the front bumper of my Hybrid early last year the cost was quoted at £800 plus VAT, the total bill including re-setting and re-calibrating the various devices behind the front grill and bumper came to more than £1,400 + VAT and respray costs of various parts on top of that.

Have you thought about making the wife pay..? :eek:

·
Super Moderator
7,822 Posts
yep, insurance job

you then have any invisible damage, like padding behind the bumper, mountings for the AEB sensor (that sensor is close to £1000) any other damage they find as they take it apart

I would expect closer to £2000

1 - 5 of 5 Posts