Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so Ioniq get 5* safety rating in new Zealand :)

Hyundai Ioniq (Feb 2017 ? onwards) Crash Test Results | ANCAP

The tested model of Hyundai Ioniq was introduced in New Zealand in February 2017. This ANCAP safety rating is based on tests conducted by Euro NCAP and applies to all New Zealand variants.
Dual frontal, side chest, side head-protecting airbags (curtains) and a driver knee airbag are standard. Autonomous emergency braking (AEB), lane support systems (LSS) and adaptive cruise control (ACC) are standard

Airbags: Dual Frontal, Side, Head, Knee Adult Occupant Protection: 91 %
Adult Occupant Protection: 34.9 out of 38
Full Width: 6.16 out of 8
Frontal Offset: 7.45 out of 8
Side Impact: 8.00 out of 8
Pole: 8.00 out of 8
Whiplash Protection: 2.31 out of 3
AEB (City): 3.00 out of 3
Child Occupant Protection: 80 %
Child Occupant Protection: 39.4 out of 49
Safety Assist: 82 %
Safety Assist: 9.9 out of 12
Speed Assistance System: 1.5 out of 3
Seat Belt Reminders: 3.0 out of 3
Lane Support System: 2.7 out of 3
AEB (Interurban): 2.7 out of 3
Pedestrian Protection: 70 %
Pedestrian Protection: 29.8 out of 42

·
Registered
260 Posts
Its kind of painful watching videos like this, but it amazes me how quickly the SRS systems work. Where its going in head on, watching from above, the first few inches of the car is deforming, but the airbags deploy before you even see the 'occupant' move forward under the deceleration.

Having seen what was left of my VW Bora I had when my wife (and 1 year old in back) had a head on crash at 60-70mph, I am so grateful of the work that goes in to these systems as she got out with just bruising.

The number of crash permutations they have to consider is quite crazy. And each crash is never really identical.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Its kind of painful watching videos like this, but it amazes me how quickly the SRS systems work. Where its going in head on, watching from above, the first few inches of the car is deforming, but the airbags deploy before you even see the 'occupant' move forward under the deceleration.

Having seen what was left of my VW Bora I had when my wife (and 1 year old in back) had a head on crash at 60-70mph, I am so grateful of the work that goes in to these systems as she got out with just bruising.

The number of crash permutations they have to consider is quite crazy. And each crash is never really identical.
I agree and thought the same...and they are quite scary to watch. Its also one of the reasons I went for a larger rather than smaller car based on the journeys I do and the accidents I pass

1 - 6 of 6 Posts