Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s a pix showing after start. Aux 12v battery showed 12.6 prior to start.
Looking for some assistance on what fuse might cause these warnings.
Thank you.

·
Registered
485 Posts
12.6 slightly low for a normal 12V battery. The Aux battery charge should keep it proper If on. Those warning are not fuse related. 12.7 to 13.0 volts is normal voltage when a car is not running. Go to Walmart and get a free battery test to see if it’s your battery or not.
When I get home, I will start mine. Are you sure this is not a display “check” just after startup where all the items light up? Do they all go away after starting?

·
Registered
Red 2019 Ioniq 38 Premium EV
173 Posts
FWIW my Ampera (Chevy Volt Mk1) often shows 12.4V! then varies between that & 12.8 as a rule while driving. 14.something appears when car decides to charge it. But when I see anything below 12.0 I take that as a warning the battery is beginning to suffer; this is usually at around 3 years old! And I'll swap it out into my wife's ICE where it's fine for ages after!! :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi all
Replaced battery.
No change in warnings. Looking for the correct fuse to check..
Also the Blue battery (12v) warning light is on when driving.

·
Registered
UK spec 2020 1st Edition in Polar White
469 Posts
I understand that the 12v battery is a consumable item, but as your car is still under warranty shouldn’t a main dealer diagnose and fix whatever is causing the warnings, without any cost to you?

Reactions: KevinT

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I understand that the 12v battery is a consumable item, but as your car is still under warranty shouldn’t a main dealer diagnose and fix whatever is causing the warnings, without any cost to you?
What’s interestin is here in the USA only some states sell Hyundai EV’s.
Why...long story, FL is NOT one. Therefore, dealers are not really prepared for EV issues.

·
Registered
UK spec 2020 1st Edition in Polar White
469 Posts
What’s interestin is here in the USA only some states sell Hyundai EV’s.
Why...long story, FL is NOT one. Therefore, dealers are not really prepared for EV issues.
Ah, I can see why that may well be a problem. 🤔

·
Registered
485 Posts
I agree with the comments above. Please see a dealer. You have a major issue. It may a PCM or BCM (car computer) issue and needs dealer only attention. Have you read the OBD codes? Autozone typically will connect an OBD 2 scanner and read them for free. You can buy a scanner for under $20 and scan yourself. Post the codes here. I assume you bought this used? By chance, was it exposed to a flood? Crash history? How many miles? What year is it? The first 5 years, 60,000 miles is a bumper to bumper warranty that transfers to other Owners. Good luck, we have not seen any posts with issues like you have listed yet, so we all want to help.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Light comes on.
I think it’s some module that’s nor working.
I agree with the comments above. Please see a dealer. You have a major issue. It may a PCM or BCM (car computer) issue and needs dealer only attention. Have you read the OBD codes? Autozone typically will connect an OBD 2 scanner and read them for free. You can buy a scanner for under $20 and scan yourself. Post the codes here. I assume you bought this used? By chance, was it exposed to a flood? Crash history? How many miles? What year is it? The first 5 years, 60,000 miles is a bumper to bumper warranty that transfers to other Owners. Good luck, we have not seen any posts with issues like you have listed yet, so we all want to help.
Bought new.
inhave a OBD scanner. No codes.
Dealer called, some “wheel sensor” was the source. Replaced. All good.
I’ll pick up car tomorrow morning and will post the PN of the sensor.
Thanks to all.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bought new.
inhave a OBD scanner. No codes.
Dealer called, some “wheel sensor” was the source. Replaced. All good.
I’ll pick up car tomorrow morning and will post the PN of the sensor.
Thanks to all.
Wheel bearing sensor
Code C121102
P/N 58980-F0000
warranty

1 - 15 of 15 Posts