Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the Mississauga Hyundai dealership just sent out another newsletter letting people know there has been a delay in getting a car for people to test drive. They apologize for the delay and lack of information so far. They mention that they are expecting pricing around the end of the month and provided the following product highlight sheet for the Ioniq EV.

It breaks down all the features each trim will have. It also answers one of the ongoing questions showing that unlike the US, Canadian models will have the Lane Departure Warning System. If there was any doubt on whether there is confusion between that and Blind Spot Detection, they even show a small picture of the feature working.

Also they compare the prices between the Ioniq EV, the Nissan Leaf, Ford Focus EV, Kia Soul EV and the Chevy Bolt. I can only assume that they are doing so to show how cost competitive they are, although they are also comparing features along with cost.

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
Note that the Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) is not the same as the Lane Keeping Assistance System (LKAS) as we have in Europe (but not in the US). Maybe they are also afraid of the Canadian lawyers...

Reactions: MatthewFabb

·
Registered
384 Posts
@MatthewFabb Did you get the information from the Mississauga Auto Mall location on Motorway Blvd? I used to live in Mississauga (now in Markham) Markham only has one (Conventional Hybrid from the Auto Show) on display but no information, pricing or test driving and even though there is one on display they don't have any information from Hyundai either for ETAs. I'm surprised they were kind enough to send out an email informing of the delay for the test drive vehicles.

If it is the Mississauga Auto Mall location I might try to add my name to the list for test driving, if Mississauga seems to be more adamant on keeping customers informed. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My dealer in Hamilton is saying that they are expecting pricing Thursday/Friday this week. That was their response to an inquiry of mine so I expect what you were told is more accurate since your dealer is proactively communicating.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@MatthewFabb Did you get the information from the Mississauga Auto Mall location on Motorway Blvd?
Nope, it's the Hyundai dealership on Glen Erin, close to Dundas & Erin Mills. Even if you don't visit for a test drive, you can sign up for their Ioniq newsletter here. The emails are being sent out by Vernon Wong, their Digital Marketing Manager. I would guess as that when they get a car that it would be around the time other dealerships in the area will also be getting theirs.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My dealer in Hamilton is saying that they are expecting pricing Thursday/Friday this week. That was their response to an inquiry of mine so I expect what you were told is more accurate since your dealer is proactively communicating.
My dealer also sent out an email newsletter on March 31st expecting a Ioniq car to arrive any day. That didn't end up to be true, but I don't think my dealer was lying it was just the information that they had at the time from Hyundai Canada. There's been delay after delay with the launch of the Ioniq in Canada. I expect that it's more likely to be the end of the month simply because it's the later of the two dates and everything so far has been pushed backwards.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The complex name changed to "Erin Mill Auto Center". The dealership is not on Motorway Blvd but rather on east side of Glen Erin Drive at the intersection of the Motorway Blvd
Ah, so it's the same place but different name. I didn't realize that the street going through the auto mall was Motorway Blvd. Thanks for the correction.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The complex name changed to "Erin Mill Auto Center". The dealership is not on Motorway Blvd but rather on east side of Glen Erin Drive at the intersection of the Motorway Blvd
@sc8888 that's correct, sounds like you are a '905er' also. :)

Ah, so it's the same place but different name. I didn't realize that the street going through the auto mall was Motorway Blvd. Thanks for the correction.
@MatthewFabb I signed up for the newsletter on their website and Vernon contacted me right away which was fantastic. He stated the same information you got, they are looking at anytime within the month to get the test drive cars in. My parents live down the street from that automall so I will use it as an excuse to take out 2 birds with one stone when the car comes in. I hope test vehicles do show up within the next month or two because I can imagine ordering the car will come with at least a 5 to 6 month wait and I am not sure if my wifes car can hold out another year. The eGolf is becoming a stronger temptation every day.

·
Registered
26 Posts
@sc8888 that's correct, sounds like you are a '905er' also. :)

@MatthewFabb I signed up for the newsletter on their website and Vernon contacted me right away which was fantastic. He stated the same information you got, they are looking at anytime within the month to get the test drive cars in. My parents live down the street from that automall so I will use it as an excuse to take out 2 birds with one stone when the car comes in. I hope test vehicles do show up within the next month or two because I can imagine ordering the car will come with at least a 5 to 6 month wait and I am not sure if my wifes car can hold out another year. The eGolf is becoming a stronger temptation every day.
It appears the e-golf registration/pre-order is now closed, due to having all the cars spoken for already.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It appears the e-golf registration/pre-order is now closed, due to having all the cars spoken for already.
Really? Wow! I wonder if that is just the number of cars allotted for launch or for a period of time much longer than that?

I keep reading articles about how there doesn't seem to be much consumer demand for electric cars meanwhile car companies are having real problems in keeping up with current demand.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Really? Wow! I wonder if that is just the number of cars allotted for launch or for a period of time much longer than that?

I keep reading articles about how there doesn't seem to be much consumer demand for electric cars meanwhile car companies are having real problems in keeping up with current demand.
Yeah, I went to put a deposit down for one around 10:00pm last night, and registration had closed. :(

My guess is that is probably it for the 2017 models, since those were rumoured to be delivered in a few months. After that, I'm guessing they'll start with the 2018 models. When I was in a VW dealership last week, they asked if I was interested in the 2017 or the 2018 e-golf. Again, just me making a guess based on various rumours I've come across.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go to Huntsville Ontario, Hyundai is right on the Main Street. I got my EV there (the only one the have sold there) They have another Black Limited sitting there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts