Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

While green car publications have been shining the spotlight on both the Tesla Model 3 and Chevy Bolt, buyers shouldn’t overlook other alternative fuel vehicles like the upcoming Hyundai Ioniq EV.

Giving the Ioniq EV a leg up over Tesla is its release date and availability. The Ioniq is expected to appear on showroom floors late this year as a 2017 model and the electrified trifecta will be available in every Hyundai dealership, meaning future owners will have a shorter wait time compare to Tesla buyers.

It may not have a 200+ mile range, but the Ioniq EV’s predicted 124 miles can still compete against the Nissan Leaf and Volkswagen E-Golf. Hyundai’s done the math and 124 miles on a single charge should be enough to cover the average American’s daily drive. Another benefit of a lower range vehicle is the shorter charging time, in this case it’ll only take four hours and 25 minutes to fully charge the Ioniq EV or 80% in 23 minutes.

As an added incentive, Hyundai is offering lifetime warranty on all of its battery packs in both hybrid and full electric vehicles.

AutoBlog says an Ioniq with more range could be in the works, if this is true it could compete with both the Bolt and Model 3. Maybe we’ll even see a Nissan Leaf type battery upgrade in the future.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Lifetime warranty is for US market only and will not transfer to new owner if bought second hand making a used Prius a better deal than a used Ioniq.

·
Registered
29 Posts
What is "Warranted" by the Warranty?

Hi. I know that the warranty on the battery is 8 years or 125,000 miles/250,000 kms, but does anyone know what is warranted ?

Is it " it will work at 80% of what is was ?" Or 70%, or 50% etc etc? I have seen a video where a Hyundai "suit" says "It will always be able to power the vehicle". What ? For 3 miles ? That's not much good.

It would be real good to know what the warranty covers "for 8 years or 125,000miles.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I wish I wasn't, but I am very 'disbelieving' about warranties. I know it is important; I know many have had good experiences; but my desire (like everyone else) is to possess a problem-free 'anything' and not need to make any warranty claims. Same for insurance. I buy it because the law requires it, but I have low expectations of collecting.

I have been fortunate thus far. I have never owned a defective vehicle; never had to pursuit 'lemon-laws' ..... only once, I owned a chain-saw .... it was hard to start. I took it to the dealer, and he back -charged the manufacturer with all manner of charges, cylinder, piston, crank .... I honestly doubt they were defective ...not even sure they were replaced.... but the manufacturer was charged.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts