Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kona's PIDs work with Torque and with EVNotify.

In Torque, the 2 missing battery cells won't have a valid value but everything else is correct.

In EVNotify the battery capacity and range is calculated on Kona64's values. But the other values and even the ABRP integration is working well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks. I will give the Vgate one a try. Weirdly, The OBD2 that I use on my Peugiot doen't seem to work on my Ioniq. Do they speak a different protocol? It is a cheap OBD2 so I went and purchased a more expensive one form a shop only to find that it didn't work properly with the latest Apple or Android. :-( I had to take it back.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Having a bit of difficulty finding a + vgatate-21. The only one I can find looks like someone in Poland selling stolen goods. Where did you get your one from?

·
Registered
22 Posts
i noted on Tesla Bjorns video that he uses the Car scanner App mentioned above, however in the carscannerinfo section of the App there is a page called Chosing OBD2 adaptor with a huge amount of info and he goes through what works and what doesnt and why , deffo worth a look for anyone buying an OBD2.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i noted on Tesla Bjorns video that he uses the Car scanner App mentioned above, however in the carscannerinfo section of the App there is a page called Chosing OBD2 adaptor with a huge amount of info and he goes through what works and what doesnt and why , deffo worth a look for anyone buying an OBD2.
Please, can you post a link to the video?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am using successfully the SoulEVSpy with my Ioniq 28 and see no reason why it shouldn't work with the 38 version. You may ask the developer at [email protected] about compatibility.
The dongle I use is the one recommended by the developer of the app - Konnwei KW902 ELM-327 v1.5 for BT (~$12) (note: v2.1 will not work).
The app only works with Android. It gives all the info I am interested in and more.
The app has also a free version "Lite" which reads a bit fewer parameters and does not save data as .csv-files for later view (in the download directory of the phone).

21 - 31 of 31 Posts