Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

Does anyone already used or use Obd2 to use for example with Torque? I tried to connect but says it does not find compatible protocol. Has anyone got it?

Thank you all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tesla Bjorn has succesfully connected OBD2 to Ioniq FL. See his 1000km challenge. Does anybody know which software for obd2 is he using?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I've successfully connected my MY2018 IONIQ Electric to CanIoniq104 and also EVNotify. It also connects to the OBDLink app (comes with OBD II scanner) but since they don't cater for the EV version of the IONIQ, it's not really useful. I believe that Torque Pro is also compatible, but requires custom PID's. To note that not all of the cheaper OBD

·
Registered
281 Posts
What useful information can you actually get out of it? I tried it once and I couldn't see much. Couldn't see battery state of charge or temperature etc.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I can see lots of stuff with the canIoniq104 app:
  • BMS SoC
  • Displayed SoC (looks like there is a 5% buffer at the top and a 4% buffer on the bottom)
  • SoH
  • Battery voltage
  • Cell votlages
  • Battery temp
  • Cell temps
  • Motor speed (rpm)
  • Current draw
  • Total energy in and out of the battery
  • And lots more.
So, yeah, lots of stuff. But you have to have the right app, or the custom PIDs for the regular apps like Torque Pro. As mentioned above the OBD Link app was useless because it didn't cater for the IONIQ BEV. It does for the hybrids, but then only for the gas motor side of things, eg, engine speed, throttle setting, advance, mixtures, etc.

OB

·
Registered
627 Posts
I'm using an OBDLink MX+ scanner from ScanTool. It's compatible with the 38kWh IONIQ. Not sure is canIoniq104 or EV Notify is though. But I can't see why not.

I've not used EV Notify for the notifications. My vehicle doesn't have any built in WiFi, so I'd have to leave a phone with a SIM card for it to work while I'm away. I've got a JuiceBox Pro at home and together with the mobile app, it handles my charging regime for me.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Kevin, do you know if the PID's for the IONIQ 28kWh also work for the IONIQ 38 kWh?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Not offhand, no. I think I read here that the 38 kWh Ioniq uses the same battery as the lower capacity Kona though, so I'd imagine those PIDs will work.

·
Registered
132 Posts
AFAIK same cells (NCM622) but not the same battery size.
While the lower capacity Kona uses 90 groups (of 2 cells each) in series for a battery nominal voltage of 327 V, the 38 Ioniq uses 88 groups of same cells for a battery nominal voltage of 319 V

1 - 20 of 31 Posts