Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is anyone finding useful settings in this mode? Such as ways to alter driving dynamics? One of the things I would love to see implemented is a "throttle control" separate from cruise control for hypermiling. Basically, not letting the engine (whether electric or otherwise) go above 3 or 4 bars in the Eco range, independent of speed. Unless the driver floors it, of course.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Is anyone finding useful settings in this mode? Such as ways to alter driving dynamics? One of the things I would love to see implemented is a "throttle control" separate from cruise control for hypermiling. Basically, not letting the engine (whether electric or otherwise) go above 3 or 4 bars in the Eco range, independent of speed. Unless the driver floors it, of course.
You just need to excercise throttle control

·
Read Only
32 Posts
No go on my 2019 Limited, unfortunately. I wonder if this was something later firmware removed? Might have been left by accident.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can say that it works on the car produced on October 4, 2018 and delivered on 21 December 2018 - it is not the premium model that is sold in Romania!
So my dear can you tell me if there is a connection interface to this car and where you can change values ​​from different computers?
Thank you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Confirmed in my Ioniq

Yesterday I access to this Engineering mode.

Quite interesting.

You can download to an USB the NAV log and the SYS log.

From what I could see in the SYS log there is data of all actions (activation of rear camera, bluetooth connections, devices connected to the USB, etc) like a black box.

You can also activate/deactivate some functions.

For the car functions (ACC, etc) you can see the status but not manipulate (better for our security). Curiously there is a speedometer that does not show the same value as in the car, I think NAV shows the real speed (car shows 80 km/h, in the screen of the NAV you can see 77 km/h).

I'm going to try one option that I have find interesting. GPS log. I hope it permitts save routes to be able to export them in kmz or something similar.

I will try to take pictures next time.

Ioniq of August 2017

Greetings.

Sorry about my rusty english.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I did it yesterday, car was ON, I don't remember in wich posotion was the gear "P" or "N", I think it was in "N" position, I did it while waiting the garage door to be open.

·
Super Moderator
8,045 Posts
Trying again with no luck. Some questions about it:
- Must the car be on or off?
- Must the gear be on P (Park)?
there are no conditions

I have manged to engage it when
  • in park
  • in nuetral
  • in drive
  • and when moving

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
This week I'll have finally my car so I can investigate more about it... there're some interesting options for the navigation system, ADAS and so on, but some other options got off when you stop the engine and you must repeat the same process over and over...

·
Registered
291 Posts
If you can see the firmware version etc of your ioniq, put one finger over map title and another one over the map version and together push it several times (must do at same time) until the PIN screen appears (you must do it at least 7-8 times, so be patience) and then put 1111 -> OK

If you still struggle with that, I can put a video of another owner with the exact procedure ;)
Yes, please! I'm evidently a bit ham-fisted, and can't get into it on mine. Looks like I've got the same software version on mine as I the photo on the first post, so I suspect user error on my part.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yes, please! I'm evidently a bit ham-fisted, and can't get into it on mine. Looks like I've got the same software version on mine as I the photo on the first post, so I suspect user error on my part.

I don't think it's available on a 2019 PHEV
Mine works actually

21 - 40 of 58 Posts