Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered talking with some other Ioniq owners about the engineering mode that can be activated in the firmware screen

Using two fingers in map and version ticking several times until a PIN screen appears, put 1111 and then can be activated, showing something like this:

There're things in korean like in the ADAS part (better not change anything without knowing how to use it)

I would like to investigate if it's possible to modify the Android version and apps of the radio using a computer connected by USB by ADB to modify and put some new apps in the system ;)

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have a USA Limited Ultimate with built in nav and it does not work on mine either. Wonder if it is just in the Europe version. Anyone else able to get into this?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any non-European owner can confirm this?

One of the interesting things is activate the roundabouts navigation to appear in the right side of the nav

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any non-European owner can confirm this?

One of the interesting things is activate the roundabouts navigation to appear in the right side of the nav
Got into it as described. Quite a few things inside, but honestly could not find anything really useful for regular user. Or in few cases i could not really understand what some of the abbreviations mean. How do you turn on that roundabout thing on the right side of navi?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got into it as described. Quite a few things inside, but honestly could not find anything really useful for regular user. Or in few cases i could not really understand what some of the abbreviations mean. How do you turn on that roundabout thing on the right side of navi?
I don't have the car yet so I can't investigate more about it, in the Debug part there's an option called "Intersection View" that you must activate it (default OFF), so then when you put a route in the NAV, you can see something new in the right side like this:

I have to learn about what is for the rest of options in each menu, but at the moment I must depend of other owners, because my car is not arriving until february 2019 ;), but seems this menu also works for the Niro with NAV

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Struggling to get in, whats the exact procedure ?
If you can see the firmware version etc of your ioniq, put one finger over map title and another one over the map version and together push it several times (must do at same time) until the PIN screen appears (you must do it at least 7-8 times, so be patience) and then put 1111 -> OK

If you still struggle with that, I can put a video of another owner with the exact procedure ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Push? Do you mean tap? I don't think the screen is pressure sensitive.
Yes I mean tap for several times with two fingers over map title and map version

I tried today at the dealer this method and sometimes never works but some others did... Quite strange

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a quick look at this last night. I think the vehicle must be in Park for it to work.
A lot of information and settings in there. Turned on 'Intersection View' which looks quite nice but didn't dare mess with anything else!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I can confirm it does work in 2019 PHEV.

However it is not "easy" to always tap in right place. Found some useful stuff that I couldn't find in "normal" setup (such as "AF" for FM stations)

Still, easier much then it was with Renault's Medianav:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts