1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new Ioniq EV was delivered today. Here it is:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The first thing I did was taking my 29-er mountainbike and going for a biking trip in a beautiful frozen trees landscape in the dunes near Bergen en Schoorl:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For three not very long trips today my scores were around 13 kWh/100km, which would give a range of about 215 km or 134 miles. Temperatures just below the freezing point, heater on, and speed from 50 to mainly 70 km/h (44 mi/h).

·
Registered
164 Posts
Zo Jan, gefeliciteerd! Dat ziet er goed uit!

Congratulations Jan, love the blue color. I see you have your own charging box at the wall. Do you plan to fully charge it every night, or just as needed?
Was the box included, or did it cost extra?
I'm curious what the electric consumption is at 120-130km/h.

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dank je wel!

The charging box came earlier with the Prius Plug In I had since March 2013. I just keep it to charge the Ioniq, at 3.7 kW (or 16 A), which is not a very high power level; it will take more than 8 hours for a complete charge. By not choosing that charging package for the Ioniq they gave me ‎€ 2500 reduction in price. I don't use my car every day, so what I plan to do often is charge it from my own produced solar energy when my solar panels (I have 29 of them) are productive.

I often drive at lower speeds than 120-130 km/h. For example, today I made three relatively short trips with speeds between 50 km/h and mainly 70 km/h. My scores today (with temperatures between -2 and -1 °C) were around 13 kWh/100km, which would correspond to a range of 215 km. Later I will do more tests, but probably not at speeds 120-130 km/h, as even on the highway I usually keep my speed limited to 100 - 110 km/h.

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My house is well-documented on Internet. See here and here.

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Maybe to clarify a bit, 10 of the panels are in my garden, on a shelter. The number I have in total also covers the energy needed for heating of the house by a heat pump. But I still have annual overproduction of about 1000 kWh, which I can use for the Ioniq EV.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts