Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq EV 28kWh
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, greetings from Finland.

Just ordered a 2017 Ioniq Electric in white, Comfort, 2 set of wheels/tires, 2 * type2 chargers (one to stay plugged in in my garage and the other one in the trunk) and with rubber floor & trunk mats.
Will receive the Ioniq 13.1.2017. That will be Friday, the 13th...
And the coldest time of the year, mid-winter.

Mine is probably the first Electric Ioniq sold in Finland.
Will document all this in a finnish EV site.

Going from an Audi A5 Sportback quattro to Ioniq Electric.
Lets see how this goes, wish me luck guys. ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
What is the temperature in finland in mid-winter??

Here in montreal, Canada, we get temperature that can reach -20ºC.

Would be very nice to get your range in these cold winter (finland winter) so we can have an idea when the cars comes to canada beginning of the year!!

Lucky you!!!

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq EV 28kWh
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought it was time for a car change and my growing interest on electric vehicles was a big factor too.
Never been into hybrids, always planned to go straight to an EV.
A 3hr testdrive with 2017 Ioniq Hybrid was great, could not really resist after that.

Audi consumed minimum of 9 litres of gasoline in 100kms and a litre costs some 1.5 euros here.
Electricity is way cheaper & cooler in almost all respects.
I am heating my house & garage with a ground heat pump, so a small deed for the environment gets done with the Ioniq too.

And if I start regretting this, I can go back to gasoline Audis anytime, right? :)

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq EV 28kWh
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aaaargh, the local Hyundai dealer informed me today that the car will not be ready on the 13th of January, the new date is now 19th of January 2017.
Rev up that ship coming from Korea I say.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Aaaargh, the local Hyundai dealer informed me today that the car will not be ready on the 13th of January, the new date is now 19th of January 2017.
Rev up that ship coming from Korea I say.
I wonder if that is the same ship due UK 11th jan? dropping off some in UK then carrying on to other European countries

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
Yes, I am also wondering whether my car is on that ship too (expected arrival in the Netherlands beginning of Januari). Or are there more ships coming?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Mine is planned for mid-February. Hope for your that is not the same ship!

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
When was yours ordered?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am another Finnish who is waiting for same ship to arrive - Ioniq Electric ordered too.

I have driven Nissan Leaf 24kwh version more than 60000 kilometers and upgrading to 28kwh Ioniq. Low air drag coefficient of the Ioniq is important feature that i am excited most on the Ioniq https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_drag_coefficient - 0,24 same as Tesla has. Leaf is suffering high drag coefficient - no sense/possibly to drive more than 90km/h on long trips with it.

350km city range was impressive too:
That is promissing evidence of the efficient motor, motor controller, transmission and battery management system.

Also i am interested in to see how efficient is the heat pump in Ioniq regarding to winter driving in sub zero Celsius degrees. Least i have seen some insulation foam tubes over the heat pump pipes in the pictures of Ioniq's motor cabin. So i am expecting good winter EV from Ioniq.

So I am eager to hear what winter mileages other Ioniq drivers are/have done/doing?

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
I thought it was time for a car change and my growing interest on electric vehicles was a big factor too.
Never been into hybrids, always planned to go straight to an EV.
A 3hr testdrive with 2017 Ioniq Hybrid was great, could not really resist after that.

Audi consumed minimum of 9 litres of gasoline in 100kms and a litre costs some 1.5 euros here.
Electricity is way cheaper & cooler in almost all respects.
I am heating my house & garage with a ground heat pump, so a small deed for the environment gets done with the Ioniq too.

And if I start regretting this, I can go back to gasoline Audis anytime, right? :)
Hey can't argue with that at all, there really isn't much you'll be missing to be honest other than the horsepower. I'm sure you can always have a fun car on the side too ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
So, this is your car now? Congratulations!

Let us know what range you get in the cold.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Congratulations.

The wheels seems different than in Hyundai's brochure. Did you order different or are those as standard delivery in Finland?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts