Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
currently ICE driver, potential PHEV candidate
10 Posts
That is a big improvement, looks a lot better than the factory silver.
What is 'removable Plasti Dip'? Is it a spray can finish? Did you do the job yourself or get a garage to do it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Sparks, I did it my self. The Plasti Dip is a plastic spray paint, you can apply it and remove it when you are tired of it. It actually protects the paint.

·
Registered
currently ICE driver, potential PHEV candidate
10 Posts
Thanks for the information about the Plasti Dip - I have never seen that product before.
It looks fantastic on the car.
Thanks for sharing on the forum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey, no, at least in Costa Rica, this is a minor update, as the color of the car is registered as black. And this is a removable paint, so is not permanent.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hey Metcast, well I need to make the disclaimer that I am used on doing painting jobs for a hobby, as I painted guitars and other things before. For this, you only need the plasti Dip spray can and masking tape. And some painting techniques that can be practice before, is not rocket science.

I would say, you see these videos and tutorials, from this youtube channel about painting with this product.

I hope this helps if you do it please send some pictures.

Cheers and be safe
Carlos R.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Electric - Phantom Black
3 Posts
I also have a 2020 Ioniq Electric in Balck and was considering getting it painted to match car but like this solution much better. Did you do multiple layers or one single?

Thanks
Ron

P.S. looks great!

Hey Metcast, well I need to make the disclaimer that I am used on doing painting jobs for a hobby, as I painted guitars and other things before. For this, you only need the plasti Dip spray can and masking tape. And some painting techniques that can be practice before, is not rocket science.

I would say, you see these videos and tutorials, from this youtube channel about painting with this product.

I hope this helps if you do it please send some pictures.

Cheers and be safe
Carlos R.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I also have a 2020 Ioniq Electric in Balck and was considering getting it painted to match car but like this solution much better. Did you do multiple layers or one single?

Thanks
Ron

P.S. looks great!
Hey, so I applied like 4 layers, then let it dry for 20 minutes then another 2 layers. 1 spray can of that product will do it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts