Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 397 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm hearing the same rumor that the Ioniq is now for sale in the US but hyundaiusa.com still lists the Ioniq as a "future vehicle". There is no "build your own" functionality on the website for the Ioniq and I checked Woodland Hills Ioniq in LA (they would have them if anybody does) and they don't have them. I see the same situation in Hyundaicanada. Their Ioniq webpage isn't ready for prime time and I just asked River City Hyundai if they have any Ioniqs in stock and they don't.

Still waiting to see these alleged Ioniqs in NA.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Hyundai Canada doesn't have pricing or build information available yet. Thus, not for sale yet. Likewise, Hyundai US also does not have pricing or build information yet (although PR releases have some info).

On the other hand, US Kia has Niro pricing and build, and is now widely available after a fast rollout.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Oh, this is very interesting. I'm going to have to contact some local Ottawa dealers. Of course, if it's not available yet, that's ok, as my wife and I are also getting the kitchen fully renovated this spring/summer, so that project has to get underway before I can try to convince her that we should replace the aging ICE already.

marcel

·
Registered
88 Posts
may be worth letting the wife have a few treats in the kitchen, then later go "you know you wanted xxx in the kitchen and I did not object dear, I have seen this lovely new car...."
well, that's pretty much the plan, but knowing how well I manage to get my plans to work out, we'll just have to see ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I emailed a few of the local dealers, and they all replied that once they get their chargers installed, they'll be qualified for Ioniq EVs, and then they'll be able to let me know more details about their allocations. They're expecting March/April, but I wonder how soon they'll actually show up and how many they'll actually get.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was at the Canadian International AutoShow on February 19th and I was told by a Hyundai representative that dealerships should start getting shipments of the Ioniq in 6 to 8 weeks. So that would be the end of March, beginning of April. He also said that Hyundai was also making a push for dealerships to have not just the hybrids but to get the electric models.

·
Registered
105 Posts
So has anyone heard or seen Canadian pricing of the Ioniq?

The closest I've found is this article from Driving.ca (looks like I'm too new to this forum to post a link).

It suggested the hybrid will be around $24,000 to $33,000, from the base model to the Limited with Tech package.

That the electric model will be in the range of $35,000 for the SE and $42,000 for the limited.

Living in Ontario, the electric Ioniq will have $14,000 rebates putting it at very affordable $21,000 to $28,000.

Hopefully we will have more defined prices soon.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My closest Hyundai dealer has 3 charge station installed already!!!
I gave a deposit on Thursday march 2nd!!!

Hyundai Canada told me by phone that the EV should be available in march!!!
Can't wait to get it!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't know about anybody else, but I'm getting a little frustrated by the lack of information for Canada. I suppose I should be used to it, what with Canada being a small market and pretty much ignored by the world community.

That $35K price for the EV cited by Driving.ca doesn't seem correct to me. It's actually priced just under the Leaf in the USA. $35K would put it over the Leaf price in Canada.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't know about anybody else, but I'm getting a little frustrated by the lack of information for Canada.
I know how you feel. I was getting frustrated for having no US information and even still that is trickling out slowly. Before that the folks in the UK felt the same. To me, it's worth the wait but it is a pain in the butt indeed. Hang in there.

I can't say for sure but I saw something a while back that mentioned Canadian prices and I've gotta say I was taken aback by how expensive they were. But I don't know how that translates to US dollars, etc. and knowing there is a 14k break would put it more in line with US pricing (with our tax break too).

·
Registered
62 Posts
I know how you feel. I was getting frustrated for having no US information and even still that is trickling out slowly. Before that the folks in the UK felt the same. To me, it's worth the wait but it is a pain in the butt indeed. Hang in there.

I can't say for sure but I saw something a while back that mentioned Canadian prices and I've gotta say I was taken aback by how expensive they were. But I don't know how that translates to US dollars, etc. and knowing there is a 14k break would put it more in line with US pricing (with our tax break too).
It must be noted that that $14K tax break is only in one province, Ontario. Not the one I live in. In SK where I live, our government is so in the thrall of the oil industry I bet they'd ban all vehicles except gas guzzling behemoths if they could.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Canadian price less 25% equals US cost. Even after paying duty at 5%, it is cheaper to buy either the Ioniq or Niro in Canada by almost $2,000 for the base model. And their base models get some useful extras (not options) like heated steering wheel and seats.

·
Registered
105 Posts
So I stumbled across the Ioniq page from the main Hyundai Canada website. I unfortunately don't have the ability to include links to my posts because, I'm still new here, so there's the link that you will have to copy and past into your browser's address bar:
www.hyundaicanada.com/en/showroom/2017/ioniq-hev

I found the page via a Google search and from what I can see isn't connected from the the Hyundai Canada site. If you select the Ioniq from the Hyundai Canada site, it goes to a page about how the Ioniq is coming soon. Someone from the web developer team should have changed their robots.txt file so that Google didn't index it that page.

Also unfortunately this page isn't done yet and still has pictures and text from the Hyundai Tucson. So it has a price tag of $24,999, but so does the Ioniq electric version, so that once again might be dummy data. In many cases the photographs and text don't quite match and there are a lot of YouTube videos showing off features but they are currently all private.

Still the fact that this page exists means the Canadian launch is approaching and likely not too long before it's properly updated.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So I stumbled across the Ioniq page from the main Hyundai Canada website. I unfortunately don't have the ability to include links to my posts because, I'm still new here, so there's the link that you will have to copy and past into your browser's address bar:

I found the page via a Google search and from what I can see isn't connected from the the Hyundai Canada site. If you select the Ioniq from the Hyundai Canada site, it goes to a page about how the Ioniq is coming soon. Someone from the web developer team should have changed their robots.txt file so that Google didn't index it that page.

Also unfortunately this page isn't done yet and still has pictures and text from the Hyundai Tucson. So it has a price tag of $24,999, but so does the Ioniq electric version, so that once again might be dummy data. In many cases the photographs and text don't quite match and there are a lot of YouTube videos showing off features but they are currently all private.

Still the fact that this page exists means the Canadian launch is approaching and likely not too long before it's properly updated.
Looks like a placeholder while under development to me. The pictures have no relationship to the captions. There's references to the Tuscon, and buttons are dead.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My closest Hyundai dealer has 3 charge station installed already!!!
I gave a deposit on Thursday march 2nd!!!

Hyundai Canada told me by phone that the EV should be available in march!!!
Can't wait to get it!!!
Nice! They took a deposit even if they don't know what the price is going to be? One of the dealers I contacted said they would find out about their allocations only after they had their chargers installed, so it looks like Hyundai is serious about the EV in Canada if they're requiring all their dealers to install chargers first.

1 - 20 of 397 Posts