Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am the first person at my dealership in Southern Ontario to have put my name on the waiting list for an Ioniq 6. Has anyone else in Canada put their name on the waiting list yet?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I know the waiting lists are a legit thing from my past experience. I currently drive a 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited. I was also the first person on the waiting list for that one also. In Europe, they’re calling the first to arrive a first edition which is the fully loaded awd long range. In Canada if you got your name on the initial waiting list before it was cut off at your dealer then you will be first up but she believes we aren’t calling it first edition here. This is according to my sales lady who has been with Hyundai for 25 years and she has never steered me wrong.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great, does that only apply to the fully loaded model or could you potentially customize to e.g. the rear wheel long range?

Which trim were you planning to get?
I believe the first to come will be the fully loaded awd long range which is what I am getting. Can’t step down from an ultimate awd for anything less that that haha

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, they took a $500 deposit. But the sales person I spoke to wasn't even aware of the vehicle until I dropped by the dealership, so it wasn't confidence inspiring.
Yeah I wouldn’t focus on that just means the salesperson you were dealing with is a dolt. The ioniq brand is literally becoming their bread and butter. But if he took your deposit that means your name is in the Hyundai system now and you will be first up. Once I get word I will let you know then contact your dealership then.

· Registered
6 Posts
Yeah I wouldn’t focus on that just means the salesperson you were dealing with is a dolt. The ioniq brand is literally becoming their bread and butter. But if he took your deposit that means your name is in the Hyundai system now and you will be first up. Once I get word I will let you know then contact your dealership then.
That would be great! Thanks in advance. And if I hear anything I'll be sure to share as well.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the ioniq6 will have different way of pre orders,, each dealer will receive limited units and the dealer could choose clients from their own list
That’s not how it works at all. They put your name on a list through the Hyundai system and take a $500 deposit. It’s first come first serve. So next name on the list is the next one to receive their car unless they choose to cancel their order. If a dealership is caught giving your car to someone else they have to cough up $5000 and potentially loose their rights to order for up to 30 days.

· Registered
27 Posts
have you guys heard anything back from the dealers about your I6 orders? I'm currently in a fully loaded i5 and thinking of switching over to an i6 in the next 2 years. hopefully there's no waiting lists lol

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
have you guys heard anything back from the dealers about your I6 orders? I'm currently in a fully loaded i5 and thinking of switching over to an i6 in the next 2 years. hopefully there's no waiting lists lol
I was told the early orders should have their cars March or April. My dealer said she should be able to put my order in officially in a few weeks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts