Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
IONIQ Electric, SE (w/ CCP) 2018.
859 Posts
Hmm... Chevy did that with the original Bolt and that didn't go so well. I hope Hyundai did not compromise front seat comfort by doing this. The 2nd row already seems to have quite a lot of leg room, so I'm not sure why Hyundai thought this was a necessary thing to do.
I think that the problem with the Bolt seats wasn't the thickness of the padding, but the actual lateral width of the seat. I was honestly very interested in getting a Bolt, right up until I test drove one and found the seats were uncomfortably narrow (loved the spec, the size and the shape). but just couldn't get used to the seats.

Reactions: IRONIQ

·
Registered
1 Posts
IIRC the bolt seats were also uncomfortable because the seat bottoms needed more padding. I think it's okay for a seatback to be thinner if it provides good support. I think they chose to do this for the front seats so the front row could recline as far back as possible as well.

Also the 2nd row is on rails so maybe it gives more space to them when you're trying to maximize boot space.

I am wondering if the cargo floor will be flat with the 2nd row. I'm not sure how they could accomplish that with seats that are on rails.

·
Registered
1 Posts
IIRC the bolt seats were also uncomfortable because the seat bottoms needed more padding. I think it's okay for a seatback to be thinner if it provides good support. I think they chose to do this for the front seats so the front row could recline as far back as possible as well.

Also the 2nd row is on rails so maybe it gives more space to them when you're trying to maximize boot space.

I am wondering if the cargo floor will be flat with the 2nd row. I'm not sure how they could accomplish that with seats that are on rails.
I wonder the same with both the back and front seat rails. The front rails might be longer than your standard car do to the recline feature.

like other people have stated already they need to make their seats animal skin free. Love the idea of the reclining seats but wouldn’t get them if they are “eco”leather only.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Based on this image of the 2nd row rails, it looks like it will be raised up relative to the rear cargo area, and thus there won't be a flat cargo space with the rear seats folded down unless there is some kind of additional removeable floor for the rear cargo area.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Based on this image of the 2nd row rails, it looks like it will be raised up relative to the rear cargo area, and thus there won't be a flat cargo space with the rear seats folded down unless there is some kind of additional removeable floor for the rear cargo area.
I assume that the cargo area is raised, because you have the main engine there. I would bet that it is flat when folded, probably with some level of removeable floor. The big doubt for me is the front cargo area as I mentioned in other message.

I am really looking forwar to Tuesday. I am just waiting to decide my next car, to be bought ASAP, and I think it will be either VW ID4, Skoda Enyaq or Ioniq 5. I would prefer Hyundai (I have a Santa Fe and a Kona EV, and they are both great), but it will depend on the final specs.

Unfortunately for me, it seems that the limited first edition will not be offered in Spain :(

·
Super Moderator
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
The price of this exclusive version (see next post) turns out to be around 60 000 euro.

Hyundai seems to be following a proven strategy, as has often been used, for example, by Apple and Tesla: first market a new product line as luxurious and expensive so that that image is built and then give others the opportunity to participate at lower prices* with more stripped-down versions, but still with that image that has been created.

There is probably a sufficiently large group of people who want to contribute to this strategy by purchasing this luxury version and thus being able to drive around with a very exclusive car for some time. I am fortunate to be sharing my car with my son for years to come. For half that amount I do want to drive this very special car ... (and he does too!)

*In Germany they indicate 42 000 euro for the base model later this year.

Reactions: KrPtNk

·
Super Moderator
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
These are the specs of this First Edition version (from Hyundai Netherlands):
Safety & ADAS
• 6 airbags
• Central airbag (5 stars Euro NCAP)
• Disc brakes
• Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
• Slope assistent (HAC)
• Speed sign recognition (ISLA)
• Fatigue recognition (DAW)
• Navigation Based Smart Cruise Control (NSCC-C), Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go function (SCC w / S&G)
• Parking assistance (PA)
• Autonomous Lane Assist (LFA) / Active Lane Keeping Aid (LKA) with Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
• Emergency Brake Assist for Cross Traffic (FCA JT)
• Emergency Brake Assist (FCA) (with radar sensors on corners of the front) (LO / JC)
• Reverse Parking Collision-avoidance Assist (PCA-R)
• Remote Smart Parking Assist (RSPA)
• Blind-spot Collision Warning (BCW)
• Blind Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist (BCA)
• Rear Cross-traffic Collision Warning (RCCW)
• Highway Driving Assist II (HDA 2) at the front autonomous driving at level 2
• Advanced 44-inch head-up display in the windshield
• Surround View Monitor (SVM)
• Blind-spot View Monitor (BVM)
• Safe Exit Assist (SEA)
Exterior
• 20-inch alloy wheels
• Full LED headlights
• LED daytime running lights
• LED rear lights in pixel design
• Recessed, electric door handles
• Glossy black decoration over waistline
• High beam assistant (HBA) with automatic lighting
Interior
• Shift-by-wire (SBW)
• Leather-covered seats
• Fully adjustable front relax seats (with Integrated Memory System)
• Electrically sliding rear seat
• Sliding center console
• Dual-zone climate control
• Ventilation openings in the rear
• Automatically dimming interior mirror
Comfort & ease of use
• Solar panels integrated in the roof
• Drive Mode Select (DMS)
• Smart key (with start button)
• Hands-free operation, electrically opening tailgate
• Trailer package
• Heated and ventilated front seats
• Heated rear seat
• Heated steering wheel
• Laminated glass
• Privacy glass at the back
• Electrically operated front and rear side windows
• Seat belts adjustable in height
• Electric child safety locks
• Burglar alarm and immobilizer
Multimedia
• Full digital 12.3-inch LCD instrument panel
• Fully digital 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system
• Hyundai Bluelink with smartphone app
• eCall (Emergency Call)
• Apple CarPlay and Android Auto (preparation)
• BOSE premium sound system with 8 speakers
• Voice recognition
• Bluetooth for multiple devices
• Wireless charging smartphone *
EV
• Shift paddles with regenerative function brakes
• Connection fast charging 800V
• ICCB cable (In-Cable Control Box)
• Battery heating
• Heat pump

·
Super Moderator
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
This is a very nice and informative video. And it shows the colors we have chosen.

Reactions: KevinT

·
Registered
52 Posts
The price of this exclusive version (see next post) turns out to be around 60 000 euro.
About 50 000€ in Norway.

Umiddelbart etter verdenspremieren får du muligheten til å reservere en av de 3 000 eksklusive IONIQ 5 Project 45-lanseringsbilene.

Pris IONIQ 5 Project 45: Kun 499 900 kroner, inkludert veil. leveringsomkostninger.

Dette får du med den eksklusive lanseringsmodellen:
IONIQ 5 Project 45 har alt utstyr som standard, og er topputstyrt med blant annet:
  • e-4WD firehjulstrekk
  • Long Range-batteripakke på 72,6 kWt
  • Eksklusivt utstyr som BOSE-lydanlegg, heldigital dual cockpit med to 12,3’’-skjermer, fjernstyrt parkering og 44" Augmented Reality Head up-display
  • En helt ny generasjon bilinteriør, med ventilerte Relaxation-skinnseter med innebygget fothviler, forskyvbar midtkonsoll og elektrisk justering av baksetet med 40/60-deling
  • Lynlading som standard, med støtte for 400V- og 800V-multilading
  • V2L (Vehicle to Load), som gjør at du kan koble nær sagt alle 220V-apparater til bilen med en helt vanlig stikkontakt
  • To års IONITY-abonnement med svært gunstige ladepriser
  • Valget mellom fire eksteriør- og to interiørfarger

41 - 54 of 54 Posts