Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I am trying, but without success yet.

For some reason, this site makes the video URL out of order. Try the URL next to the picture below. The pictures are from the Trailer Video.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq EV Premium Plus
414 Posts
February 2, aka Groundhog Day! If the groundhog comes out and sees its shadow, we will have to wait a looong winter for deliveries to begin. On the other hand, if the groundhog does not see its shadow, spring will come early with many deliveries of the new car! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
February 2, aka Groundhog Day! If the groundhog comes out and sees its shadow, we will have to wait a looong winter for deliveries to begin. On the other hand, if the groundhog does not see its shadow, spring will come early with many deliveries of the new car! :)
Do they celebrate Groundhog Day in Sweden or are you just looking for a reason to party?

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq EV Premium Plus
414 Posts
Do they celebrate Groundhog Day in Sweden or are you just looking for a reason to party?
No, I don't even think we have any groundhogs in Sweden. Some of us like to take the opportunity to watch the Bill Murray / Andie MacDowell film, though. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is the 2nd of February confirmed as the day of the presentation? There was some confusion with the change to Mid of February, and I did not hear anything else in the last days.

Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
2 Posts
We know a little more now. Front trunk, or the so called "Frunk" looks confirmed what explains the up to 600 ltr..
I have an idea that the rear seats may be able to move forward and back which also could explain the up to 600L. A couple of things suggest this. The ability to lay the front seats flat would need you to be able to move the back seats out of the way. The conceptual video of the E-GMP seating possibilities on the Hyundai Worldwide Ioniq 5 page here shows the back seats moving forward and back (as well as the front seats laying down). And on that same page, the photo of the internal vehicle to load outlet shows it under the back seats, and it also shows what looks like rails for moving the seats back and forward.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an idea that the rear seats may be able to move forward and back which also could explain the up to 600L. A couple of things suggest this. The ability to lay the front seats flat would need you to be able to move the back seats out of the way. The conceptual video of the E-GMP seating possibilities on the Hyundai Worldwide Ioniq 5 page here shows the back seats moving forward and back (as well as the front seats laying down). And on that same page, the photo of the internal vehicle to load outlet shows it under the back seats, and it also shows what looks like rails for moving the seats back and forward.
Yes, I thought the same about the moving second row. I think it is a great solution

·
Super Moderator
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is the 2nd of February confirmed as the day of the presentation? There was some confusion with the change to Mid of February, and I did not hear anything else in the last days.
Can anyone confirm?
Not February 2, it was postponed to Mid-February.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have an idea that the rear seats may be able to move forward and back which also could explain the up to 600L.
I do hope the rear slides can slide. My rear seat passengers don't need that much leg room and I'd rather add several more inches to the rear cargo space.

·
Registered
10 Posts
At the moment, I am skeptical.

·
Registered
64 Posts
At the moment, I am skeptical.
I've also been pretty skeptical as well, thinking that these "leaked" rumors of moving center console and fully reclining seats was just future talk from Hyundai's E-GMP presentation, and not for the actual production IONIQ 5. But with more and more details that confirm that these things are going into production on the Ioniq 5 (like the fully reclining front seats), I'm becoming less and less skeptical, and even hopeful that some of the things like the full windshield HUD will also be real.

As for the sliding rear seats, it does seem like the real deal, as the image that @TimW was describing that shows the sliding rails is actually taken from the IONIQ 5 "Ultimate Camping" teaser video which does show the (close to) production vehicle. So I think it's very much something that we can expect to see; the main question is how much distance can the seats actually slide.

The full reveal can't come soon enough.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I found strange announcing the official release of the Ioniq 5 for February 2nd to immediatelly remove it postponing to an undetermined date. It seemed improvised to me.

I see now this news in the Hyundai web page:

Hyundai Motor Announces Organizational Changes and Appoints New Leadership

"Under the new organizational structure and new leadership, Hyundai will be better positioned to communicate in a coordinated manner on marketing initiatives for Hyundai, N Brand and the new IONIQ dedicated battery electric vehicle (BEV) lineup brand.

Furthermore, Hyundai’s restructured organization and leadership changes will better support IONIQ brand’s successful launch"

Am I being twisted connecting both things? 😈

1 - 20 of 54 Posts