Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On our first road trip since leaving the dealer and the car would not go into drive. The red battery light in lower left would come on abd when you switched to drive, nothing. Turned car off and on several times and finally the red battery light did not come on and car went into drive just fine. It has since done this one more time. Not sure what is going on. Any thoughts? Thanks, Guy

·
Registered
43 Posts
On our first road trip since leaving the dealer and the car would not go into drive. The red battery light in lower left would come on abd when you switched to drive, nothing. Turned car off and on several times and finally the red battery light did not come on and car went into drive just fine. It has since done this one more time. Not sure what is going on. Any thoughts? Thanks, Guy
If one unlocks the car using the phone app, and then sits (key FOB on them) and starts the car, the car will start but will not go into drive. One should step out, lock the car, unlock using the KeyFOB or the door latch, and then drive away.

Was you case as above or it is something else.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try that next time it happens, hopefully it won’t happen again. I found another thread on the forum and my problem is referred to as “Zombie Mode“. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ive had this and from what I can tell there are three "modes" Accessory mode, On Mode and Drive Mode.
So basically if you press the start button but your foot isn't on the brake. You will be in "On Mode" where its kinda running everything but you won't be able to shift out of park. It might drop you into Neutral though and then you have to put it back in park and then turn the Car off and on again. I've had this all happen more than a dozen times. Its annoying.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ive had this and from what I can tell there are three "modes" Accessory mode, On Mode and Drive Mode.
So basically if you press the start button but your foot isn't on the brake. You will be in "On Mode" where its kinda running everything but you won't be able to shift out of park. It might drop you into Neutral though and then you have to put it back in park and then turn the Car off and on again. I've had this all happen more than a dozen times. Its annoying.
Yea, if the car is in Accessory mode, it should go into Drive mode if you shift to Drive or Reverse.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
734 Posts
No. Accessory mode is when you press the start button without pushing the brake. The infotainment and instrument cluster will turn on but car won't go into drive and red battery will appear.

Next time you have this problem. Open the driver's door and press Start/Stop to turn the car off. The screens will turn off. Close the driver's door, press and hold brake pedal then press Start to go to ON/Ready and now you can drive.

Reason for why I say to open the driver's door, is because you may have the setting for the infotainment to stay on when turning the car off. This can confuse you and not know what mode it's in. With the door open pressing stop will turn everything off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts