Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
The smaller the tire the better they are in the snow as well. They have an easier time reaching asphalt as there is less surface that float on the snow.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi please do you have some recommendation for good winter wheels for Ioniq 5?

Thank you!
Fast Wheels EV03 Gloss Gunmetal 18x8 +40 5x114.3mm 67.1mm work and recommended by my dealer in Canada for 235/60R18 SUV/crossover winter tires. Went with that from Wheel Wiz.

·
Registered
4 Posts
18" Winter wheels on....
PPF, Ceramic Coating and tint done
Rear and Side windows going ceramic coating Saturday
Are the wheels this by any chance? I found similar once from Canadawheels and Wheelwiz

I put an order for those wheels, but I got an email from WheelWiz that they can't guarantee fitment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fast Wheels EV03 Gloss Gunmetal 18x8 +40 5x114.3mm 67.1mm work and recommended by my dealer in Canada for 235/60R18 SUV/crossover winter tires. Went with that from Wheel Wiz.
These look just as nice as the ones my dealer recommended in Qc, but these cost much less. But don't they need to be 18x7.5 since the original rims were 19x7.5 (for the non-Ultimate trims)?

·
Registered
28 Posts
These look just as nice as the ones my dealer recommended in Qc, but these cost much less. But don't they need to be 18x7.5 since the original rims were 19x7.5 (for the non-Ultimate trims)?
I did some internet sleuthing based on what wheel options were available for the EV03. I forget exactly if they come in 7.5 and 8.0 or 8.0 and 8.5. There is a bit of wiggle room in the rim for the tire. For the recommended tire winter tire size, web sites indicated 8.0 was in the middle of the wiggle room. So went with that. I received a warning from Wiz Wheel but I believe that was because the I5 is so new to Canada.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I did some internet sleuthing based on what wheel options were available for the EV03. I forget exactly if they come in 7.5 and 8.0 or 8.0 and 8.5. There is a bit of wiggle room in the rim for the tire. For the recommended tire winter tire size, web sites indicated 8.0 was in the middle of the wiggle room. So went with that. I received a warning from Wiz Wheel but I believe that was because the I5 is so new to Canada.
Here are the winter tire and wheel options from Hyundai that I based purchasing from WheelWiz and Costco
Photograph White Light Product Wheel

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Rim Alloy wheel

Automotive tire Font Material property Wheel Rim

·
Registered
1 Posts
I put Michelin X-Ice Snow on some 18" rims. No issue with clearance for the brakes, looks pretty good too. The tires are just as quiet (to me) as the all season were on the drive home from the dealer, before I fitted the winter wheels.
This is helpful as I plan to do the same.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Are the wheels this by any chance? I found similar once from Canadawheels and Wheelwiz

I put an order for those wheels, but I got an email from WheelWiz that they can't guarantee fitment.
Yes..... That's what i have

·
Registered
44 Posts
I believe we already have confirmation that 17" don't fit. Otherwise, this is the way to go for the winter rims...
This is not true, someone has fit 17”s. They were his old rims he had on his 2012 Venza. The Venza comes stock with 20’s on the higher trims and 12.8 inch front rotors which is what the Ioniq 5 has.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is not true, someone has fit 17”s. They were his old rims he had on his 2012 Venza. The Venza comes stock with 20’s on the higher trims and 12.8 inch front rotors which is what the Ioniq 5 has.
Interesting... So these rims fit I5, or is this a theory based on the experience on Venza?

I wouldn't mind getting a aluminium 17" wheel, if it is possible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone found a source of basic steel 19" rims?
The whole delivery schedule for the new vehicle caught me by surprise when it happened (I had a lot going on at the time) and I couldn't find any spare rims in a hurry so I went and got Nokian R3s put on the OEM 19" wheels (Preferred RWD LR).

So.... now I have winter tires on my OEM rims and will swap them for the original tires in the spring. I then want to put my winter tires on steel rims.

Any leaders on 19" steel rims?

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Interesting... So these rims fit I5, or is this a theory based on the experience on Venza?

I wouldn't mind getting a aluminium 17" wheel, if it is possible.
this is info from someone who had his old winter wheels from his 2012 Venza which he put on his I5.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Has anyone found a source of basic steel 19" rims?
The whole delivery schedule for the new vehicle caught me by surprise when it happened (I had a lot going on at the time) and I couldn't find any spare rims in a hurry so I went and got Nokian R3s put on the OEM 19" wheels (Preferred RWD LR).

So.... now I have winter tires on my OEM rims and will swap them for the original tires in the spring. I then want to put my winter tires on steel rims.

Any leaders on 19" steel rims?

Thanks
My nickels worth of free advice. Keep the winters on the oem rims and get some nice ones for the other tires.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It’s been confirmed a member of the I5 Canada Facebook group had 17’s installed via the dealership. Don’t buy winter wheels bigger than they need to be , less money and more cushion for those pot holes. Log into Facebook

·
Registered
7 Posts
please make sure the "other than stock Ioniq 5" wheels can handle the (extra)weight of our cars.
You cannot put I20 wheels under a I5.
The rims can handle a certain max load.
Aftermarket wheels will show the max load in the specs. For OE wheels I have never found them and when you ask the dealer they say only the OE I5 wheels are suitable .

Reactions: pdxman1
61 - 80 of 93 Posts