Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
OEM 18”s won’t work, but I’ve seen on a Norwegian forum that they were able to fit 18” third party on the AWD FE.

I got a quote from my dealer on OEM 19” for 27kSEK, around €2650, I showed him this link Hyundaizubehoer.de - Hyundai Originalzubehör, and he came back with a new offer of €1400. Huge marginals on original extras, and you should be able to get a good quote from your dealer.

or just use the link I provided earlier, lots of fellow swedes are happy with the products, especially the tow hooks and winter tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
OEM 18”s won’t work, but I’ve seen on a Norwegian forum that they were able to fit 18” third party on the AWD FE.

I got a quote from my dealer on OEM 19” for 27kSEK, around €2650, I showed him this link Hyundaizubehoer.de - Hyundai Originalzubehör, and he came back with a new offer of €1400. Huge marginals on original extras, and you should be able to get a good quote from your dealer.

or just use the link I provided earlier, lots of fellow swedes are happy with the products, especially the tow hooks and winter tires.
Thanks for the heads up! Is that quote for studded tires? Following your link, I’m just taken to their start page rather than a specific product. Doesn’t seem like they offer any studded ones, but maybe their offers can be used as leverage anyway?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks for the heads up! Is that quote for studded tires? Following your link, I’m just taken to their start page rather than a specific product. Doesn’t seem like they offer any studded ones, but maybe their offers can be used as leverage anyway?
No studs on that page, don’t think they’re legal in DE.
I used it as leverage, but I live in Skåne, so it wasn’t empty threats, as both the Dunlop’s and Hankook’s are usable here in southern Sweden.

edit: You should be able to get studded 235/55R19s from your local dealer for no more than 20kSEK before it’s cheaper to buy the OEM’s from the link provided. You can then buy “loose” studded tires and put them on your new rims, and sell the unstudded Hankooks(or make a deal with the tire shop for a swap).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Dealer told me that the new tires are almost like all weather. And there is no need to buy separate winter tires. Your thoughts ?
I'm not quite sure how the winter weather is in the Netherlands, but I for sure wouldn't go trough the winter without proper winter tires here in Denmark. :cool:
But it all depends on your driving needs, and whether you just commute on larger roads and/or in the cities, or if you need to travel on smaller roads. :)
As far as I've heard, the car is shipped with either Michelin Pilot Sport or Michelin Primacy tires. They are both categorized as summer tires, and for sure has rather great performance on both dry and wet roads... As long as the temperature is above 8-10 degrees celsius. When the temperature drops below that, and even below freezing temperature, the rubber in the tires gets stiffer, and therefore the tire performs worse. It probably will do fine on dry roads, but on wet/snowy/icy roads I wouldn't risk it. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good to know 18s will probably fit. Does anyone know of any reason regular steelies wouldn't work with the weight of the car? I will likely be getting Hakka 10 Studded but don't want to have to spend even more on winter alloys if I don't have to. I'm okay with it looking not near as good for the winter.

·
Registered
29 Posts

I found these that would be a great fit. Only 0.5 more offset. They look pretty good and I think would fit the Ioniq5 style. I would go with studded Nokian Hakka 10 SUV (235/55/19) if I can find some.
There is no 235/55/19 Hakkapeliitta EV in production this year only the 255/45R20
. Maybe fall 2022 otherwise you have a regular Hakkapeliitta 10 fallback?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is no 235/55/19 Hakkapeliitta EV in production this year only the 255/45R20
. Maybe fall 2022 otherwise you have a regular Hakkapeliitta 10 fallback?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
I would downsize to 18s as stated above if they'll fit over the brakes and get a 2nd set of wheels rather than spend the even larger amount on 19s. Chances are I won't receive my car until the middle of winter anyway and I may just be extra careful and drive the stock tires for the last of the snow covered months and go full studded next year. I've done it before on a brand new car. It's not ideal but regen will help a lot with slowing down and the weight of the battery will help with traction from a standstill.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts