Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
141 - 160 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I grew up in Buffalo NY and have lived in Florida since 1972. I had a Junker to drive during the winter. Kept the nice car in the garage. That is the only way to keep it in good shape. Took it out during the winter when the roads were dry just to keep it limber.
I completely agree. I don't want to buy a new car in the winter especially around here with all the accidents.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I completely agree. I don't want to buy a new car in the winter especially around here with all the accidents.
New York City roads have gotten worse over the past 5 years, I have that to worry about that in addition to the snow. There's a new car wash that charges $20/month for unlimited washes, I may need to do that. I don't know if I want to shell out $5,000 for a clear car wrap.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have not seen much information regarding the ability of the battery pack and connections to survive the very harsh chemicals and products used for ice and snow. Our car wash does special undercarriage washing in the wintertime. Could that type of wash be a problem?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have not seen much information regarding the ability of the battery pack and connections to survive the very harsh chemicals and products used for ice and snow. Our car wash does special undercarriage washing in the wintertime. Could that type of wash be a problem?
Provided that they wash the undercarriage and do a good job, it shouldn't be a problem. I'm not so sure though how much mechanical stuff is exposed underneath or the wiring.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Okay, so do you want me to buy one of those cars or your Ioniq? How many cars do these people think I'm gonna buy?

Sorry, but I'm quickly loosing hope here for this car coming anytime soon.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is pretty clear to me that the reservation is meaningless and that is in what the latest website page update says as a matter of fact it expires at the end of this year and they probably won't even deliver the car by then in some states. If you're not even answering the phone for the concierge service what else can you think. I don't even know if my state will ever see it we never did see the other ioniq that currently exists. There are also articles out there that say that in some countries the reservations are exceeding the planned number of cars they are going to build for this coming model year.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just sent an email to cancel my reservation, I got the email from Hyundai.

It bounced back, you now have to call. I think Hyundai is really messing up their roll out here in N.A.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, reserved Ioniq 5
165 Posts
I just sent an email to cancel my reservation, I got the email from Hyundai.

It bounced back, you now have to call. I think Hyundai is really messing up their roll out here in N.A.
I emailed yesterday to update my preference and got a response so quickly I think it may have been generated using AI. It stated my preference had been updated.

They also listed the 9 live showrooms that will happen later this month.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you have a chance to capture the live showroom list?
From Reddit:

Here is the schedule for the Ioniq 5 live showroom, and the times listed are in PST.
The live showroom is broadcast on the following pages:
Tuesday, July 27 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM, 09:30 AM - 10:30 AM, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Wednesday, July 28 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM, 09:30 AM - 10:30 AM, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Thursday, July 29 08:00 AM - 09:00 AM, 09:30 AM - 10:30 AM, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
im just really waiting on the price list to fully confirm what i want to order...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same here. After all the videos I’ve seen I would be truly shocked if anything about how the car looks or rides caught me by surprise. So pretty much the only things I’m really waiting on are price and finding out if we’ll be totally screwed over on features.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Reservations are a scam. Just look at VW. They took reservations too…..VW dealers around me are lousy with 1st editions.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Reservations are a scam. Just look at VW. They took reservations too…..VW dealers around me are lousy with 1st editions.
Or the ID4 was a disappointment to the people when they saw what VW deleted on the US version. Let’s hope this doesn’t with the I5. FYI I saw a video of the VW US VP responsible for selecting the deletes for the ID4 to “make the price competitive in the US.” :mad: He was an ex Tesla executive.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Or the ID4 was a disappointment to the people when they saw what VW deleted on the US version. Let’s hope this doesn’t with the I5. FYI I saw a video of the VW US VP responsible for selecting the deletes for the ID4 to “make the price competitive in the US.” :mad: He was an ex Tesla executive.
Owning multiple Teslas, doesn’t surprise me a bit. Tesla is a soulless corporation. Elon Musk may be a genius, but his continued cost cutting ways are simply insane.

Still, the reservation system is a scam. You are basically reserving a spot to talk to a dealer to order one.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Owning multiple Teslas, doesn’t surprise me a bit. Tesla is a soulless corporation. Elon Musk may be a genius, but his continued cost cutting ways are simply insane.

Still, the reservation system is a scam. You are basically reserving a spot to talk to a dealer to order one.
Agree

·
Registered
165 Posts
Saw this on Reddit.
"Via another redditor that supposedly works at Hyundai, they are having their internal launch this week (training, information etc.). This lines up with the Virtual Live Showroom dates next week (7/27-7/29), where I imagine we will get official pricing and release info. Allocation is set to happen in August, with release in October."

141 - 160 of 162 Posts