Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for sharing what you heard there! Much appreciated!
I saw parts of the live showroom today, but I didn't know the schedule so I missed most of it. The host shows off the feature of the car and answers questions in realtime. I got one question answered - is the V2L feature on all trim levels? The answer is yes, except you only get the interior outlet on the Limited trim. I wanted to ask about a heat pump and HUD but it was over before I could ask. The host said that Hyundai hosts live showrooms on (I think) Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. She does two or three sessions each morning. I think next week they'll be showing something like Tucson, but I imagine they'll be doing more IONIQ 5 sessions in the future. I think 15-30 online potential buyers were participating in the session.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just reserved an SEL trim yesterday afternoon mostly as an experiment to see if it would affect choice/dealership closer to purchase/lease - still have not recieved an email or call from Hyundai concierge. Do you think this is really just Hyundai's way of gauging interest and allotting trims etc? Based on some experiences above I'm tempted to just go talk to my dealer, but it doesn't seem like any of that will matter when it actually arrives. Either way I'm very excited as this will be my first EV.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just reserved an SEL trim yesterday afternoon mostly as an experiment to see if it would affect choice/dealership closer to purchase/lease - still have not recieved an email or call from Hyundai concierge. Do you think this is really just Hyundai's way of gauging interest and allotting trims etc? Based on some experiences above I'm tempted to just go talk to my dealer, but it doesn't seem like any of that will matter when it actually arrives. Either way I'm very excited as this will be my first EV.
I think its just so hyundai knows potential numbers. I haven't heard from hyundai even though almost two weeks ago I was told I'd hear in 3-5 days. I went to my local dealer and feel like I have a better grasp on things, and a better chance of getting one before others.

He who hesitates...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think its just so hyundai knows potential numbers. I haven't heard from hyundai even though almost two weeks ago I was told I'd hear in 3-5 days. I went to my local dealer and feel like I have a better grasp on things, and a better chance of getting one before others.

He who hesitates...
Hah it's funny because I was at my local dealer like the day it was released and they knew barely anything it seemed like. Maybe there's been some more information disseminated to them by now. EDIT: I'll probably pop by there again this weekend and bug them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hah it's funny because I was at my local dealer like the day it was released and they knew barely anything it seemed like. Maybe there's been some more information disseminated to them by now. EDIT: I'll probably pop by there again this weekend and bug them.
My guy didn't have a ton of info, but just gave me a better idea of what the process would look like, which I found helpful.

I'm really hoping in the next month they get hard figures and info out to us, especially if they start building it in 2-3 months like they are claiming

·
Registered
4 Posts
My guy didn't have a ton of info, but just gave me a better idea of what the process would look like, which I found helpful.

I'm really hoping in the next month they get hard figures and info out to us, especially if they start building it in 2-3 months like they are claiming
Good to know. Yes you would think they would set the pricing relatively soon here. Hopefully sometime in July we get pricing. I'm in Vermont and by the time it actually arrives our state incentive pool will probably have been used up. Hoping they allocate more money by the fall.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Good to know. Yes you would think they would set the pricing relatively soon here. Hopefully sometime in July we get pricing. I'm in Vermont and by the time it actually arrives our state incentive pool will probably have been used up. Hoping they allocate more money by the fall.
Howdy Neighbor,
I'm in MA but have family over the border, and I can see you guys from the top of our land.

Your governor has shown he is open to work with "the other side" with legislation in the last few years, I wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't re-funded if the money is there when it starts to run low.

Beyond the political aspects, which I have no interest in discussing, I think there has been a big push to bring younger people to the state. Having a good EV policy is going to be important to some of that demographic they are looking to attract, that and high speed internet, so it makes sense from that angle as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I placed my preorder on 6/7 and received an automated email confirming receipt of reservation immediately. Today I received this email from Hyundai. It's the first communication other than automated email since reservation was placed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got that about two weeks ago, never heard anything more.
The first email confirms your reservation. The follow-up call will discuss configurations and availability according to the FAQ. They can’t call us until they determine what the final configurations are for the US:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I read for the original 2017 Ioniq it took 6-7 months from deposit to the receipt of the car.
Might depend on trim in the US too. From what I understand they're prioritizing production of the most popular trim first (AWD Limited), so we might get those around October but other trims and builds (RWD etc.) will be a longer wait.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got that about two weeks ago, never heard anything more.
Think we are on a slow train to actual deliveries by the feel of this process so far.

Reactions: woods

·
Registered
4 Posts
I placed my preorder on 6/7 and received an automated email confirming receipt of reservation immediately. Today I received this email from Hyundai. It's the first communication other than automated email since reservation was placed.

View attachment 34364
I got the second email and a week later got the call. We went over my order, but he could not give me any information on the price or delivery dates.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts