Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

101 - 120 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good question about the HUD. From what I've seen it comes in the same package as the vision roof, so that would be Limited for the US.
I was afraid of that. May have to switch preorder to Limited but will be dependent on pricing when it's revealed I will not be interested if its in the $50K plus range.

Reactions: woods

·
Registered
48 Posts
Good question about the HUD. From what I've seen it comes in the same package as the vision roof, so that would be Limited for the US.
My gut says the HUD isn't coming to the US to keep prices down. It definitely would have made the feature list on the reservation page.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My gut says the HUD isn't coming to the US to keep prices down. It definitely would have made the feature list on the reservation page.
Yeah, that's true. I guess part of me was thinking that the info on the reservation page was so sparse/useless that maybe it was still in. Probably won't know for sure until August or so when USDM car production starts.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah, that's true. I guess part of me was thinking that the info on the reservation page was so sparse/useless that maybe it was still in. Probably won't know for sure until August or so when USDM car production starts.
Yes there are more unknowns than knowns at this point.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It’s odd that Hyundai’s U.S. website doesn’t mention the head-up display, but their U.S. press release talks about it.
Kia’s U.S. website says the HUD is available for the EV6. So who knows what Hyundai will actually do regarding the IONIQ 5.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It’s odd that Hyundai’s U.S. website doesn’t mention the head-up display, but their U.S. press release talks about it.
Kia’s U.S. website says the HUD is available for the EV6. So who knows what Hyundai will actually do regarding the IONIQ 5.
Good point. Also, the display model car that all of the US YouTubers "reviewed" had it. So here's hoping.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The EV6 First Edition has it but it better have everything for $58,500!

·
Registered
114 Posts
The EV6 First Edition has it but it better have everything for $58,500!
I got an email from kia yesterday asking me to reserve one! No thanks! I'm guessing they priced it about 5-10k to high and are NOT seeing the sign ups they thought they would originally. Otherwise, why are you sending someone who has no interest in your car (we own a telluride so they have my email) email two weeks after the debut to try to get your 1200 reserved? If 1200 people out of 330 million+ don't want it in two weeks...I think KIA messed up.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Looks like my previous post was wrong, they are sold out and now you can get on the wait list! So Kia: 1 Woods: 0

Actually I bought a telluride, so Kia: 2 Woods: 0

Anyways, I got to the dealer today and spoke with the manager there. Here is the scoop:

1) Hyundai seems to be treating this new brand like Genesis, requiring new branding, signs and also electric charger equipment for the Ioniq brand they will be selling.

2) My closest dealer is doing this thankfully.

3) Like Toyota, you cannot order your 5 as you want. The dealers are getting allocations, and you can pick from that, or if you get a good dealer, they will try to trade with others to get your model for you. My dealer said he has some good relationships with others near by and would try to do so if I needed to.

4) No ETA or pricing etc... He said he would get notified 60-90 days before they get to his store and I can pick from them as they come in.

So my plan is to wait for more info, spec one how I want it, and hope he, or a dealer who wants one of his allocations is willing to trade. The guy was upfront and didn't want a deposit, I'd like to continue with him if he follows that path going forward. I am fine to put a deposit down, but the fact he didn't try, or try to sell me something else and on and on was refreshing.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Looks like my previous post was wrong, they are sold out and now you can get on the wait list! So Kia: 1 Woods: 0

Anyways, I got to the dealer today and spoke with the manager there. Here is the scoop:

1) Hyundai seems to be treating this new brand like Genesis, requiring new branding, signs and also electric charger equipment for the Ioniq brand they will be selling.

3) Like Toyota, you cannot order your 5 as you want. The dealers are getting allocations, and you can pick from that, or if you get a good dealer, they will try to trade with others to get your model for you. My dealer said he has some good relationships with others near by and would try to do so if I needed to.

4) No ETA or pricing etc... He said he would get notified 60-90 days before they get to his store and I can pick from them as they come in.

So my plan is to wait for more info, spec one how I want it, and hope he, or a dealer who wants one of his allocations is willing to trade. The guy was upfront and didn't want a deposit, I'd like to continue with him if he follows that path going forward. I am fine to put a deposit down, but the fact he didn't try, or try to sell me something else and on and on was refreshing.
Thanks for the heads up! Interesting to hear about the branding, I was wondering how much they were putting into it. Also good to know that we'll have 60-90 days in advance. Though if the cars are being built in August that puts them at October or later.

That's definitely not a horrible experience. Glad he didn't try to make you put money down or anything. I talked to a sales guy on the phone today at my local dealer and he didn't really know anything. Basically said they're just waiting to hear from corporate.

As far as spec, personally I'm going for a Limited but I'm more flexible on exterior color. I definitely don't want a black interior though.

·
Registered
48 Posts

This aligns with what I gleaned from the Concierge agent. Those who have a reservation will be matched up with their preferred vehicle configuration allocated to a dealership which may or may not be your preferred dealership.

The vehicle configuration matrix is pretty small as it's limited to trim level, exterior color, and RWD/AWD. I think everyone will have a good chance at getting what they want. I think this also means you get what you get based on the trim level and no free-flow options.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just watched their live stream demo/Q&A and here's some info I got:

• Production starts August 1st for USDM cars
  • Didn't know which trims would have the HUD but it definitely sounds like it will at least be on the Limited
  • Will have a heat pump
  • Final specs per trim still TBD
Who hosted this Q&A?

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just watched their live stream demo/Q&A and here's some info I got:

• Production starts August 1st for USDM cars
  • Didn't know which trims would have the HUD but it definitely sounds like it will at least be on the Limited
  • Will have a heat pump
  • Final specs per trim still TBD
That’s exciting they have a production date. Summer is fast and it will be here before you know it. I would have liked to have had a few months without it getting hit with salt though!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ah yeah I guess this was it. They took live questions which was nice.
I just went there now and still doesn't take me anywhere other than that same reservation page.

101 - 120 of 137 Posts