Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I didn't see an Ultimate Package when reserving one the other day.
Over here the deposit is $500 NZD, which is about $360 USD, and all we really know is colour, battery size, drivetrain, and order number. I'm hoping they don't skimp out on the features (e.g. heat-pump, AR HUD, relaxing seats, etc) but it sounds like we'll get what we're given in that regard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Over here the deposit is $500 NZD, which is about $360 USD, and all we really know is colour, battery size, drivetrain, and order number. I'm hoping they don't skimp out on the features (e.g. heat-pump, AR HUD, relaxing seats, etc) but it sounds like we'll get what we're given in that regard.

When did NZ reservations open? No such luck in Aus.

·
Registered
2020 Kona Highlander electric
122 Posts
I’ve put in pre-order with local dealer in Canberra. Based on previous experience with original Ioniq & Kona these pre-orders will constitute the first arrivals in Aus. Unfortunately no way to know price or options yet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’ve put in pre-order with local dealer in Canberra. Based on previous experience with original Ioniq & Kona these pre-orders will constitute the first arrivals in Aus. Unfortunately no way to know price or options yet.
Your pre order is just a deposit down for an "Ioniq 5" right? Not linked to any battery size or other specs?

When did you put the pre order down?

·
Registered
2020 Kona Highlander electric
122 Posts
Correct, & I lodged in April. I bought a Kona EV from Lennock Hyundai a couple of years ago & noticed that those who had pre-ordered got the first deliveries while I waited 6 months for mine (Aus is really at the bottom of Hyundai’s supply list). I know the sales staff from previous purchase - they say there is no reservation system yet but accepted my pre-order.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks like they started taking pre-orders early March after the launch. Interest in Hyundai's IONIQ 5 shows Kiwis are ready for new era of electric vehicles

I put mine in late May, when I figured out it was rated for towing, that maybe it'll run the climate control via 'utility mode' (aka dog mode), and that they were taking deposits online via head office. I'm not a massive fan of dealer networks but I figure a lot of pre-orders would have been direct to the dealerships.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Awesome, I've done the same, also in April. The dealer said I was first on their list.

I wanted to make sure I didn't miss some more official way of reserving as it all seemed pretty backwards ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Placed my "reservation" for an SEL in Lucid Pole today. I'm on the W. Coast of the US. Hard to distinguish differences between trim levels is that available somewhere and I just missed it?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Placed my "reservation" for an SEL in Lucid Pole today. I'm on the W. Coast of the US. Hard to distinguish differences between trim levels is that available somewhere and I just missed it?
its on the reservation page, but you have to scroll up to see that

·
Registered
10 Posts
its on the reservation page, but you have to scroll up to see that
Thanks, so it looks like the Surround View Monitor and Panoramic Sunroof are only on the Limited edition, correct? If so, that's a real shame. How about the Heads Up Display does that come on all trims or only on Limited? Anyone know?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks, so it looks like the Surround View Monitor and Panoramic Sunroof are only on the Limited edition, correct? If so, that's a real shame. How about the Heads Up Display does that come on all trims or only on Limited? Anyone know?
Not a lot of details released. Don't really know content other than what's shown on that page. Don't know if trims come with any free flow options or not. It may only be trim level, color, and AWD/RWD that we choose.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think Hyundai is doing market analysis. The fewer options the easier it will be for them to meet demand. The U.S. Is a very big market, especially on the coasts. Once they know the demand levels the will develop the configuration details.

Basically high demand would move more features into the Limited level. Lower demand would likewise more more features into the SE level.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not a lot of details released. Don't really know content other than what's shown on that page. Don't know if trims come with any free flow options or not. It may only be trim level, color, and AWD/RWD that we choose.
Interesting, well can always cancel the reservation if options not to my liking. Looks like you drive a model 3, are you considering replacing that vehicle with the Ioniq? If so, may I ask why? I considered Tesla but was always lukewarm on the styling of the 3, the lack of a dealer network for service, production problems, quality control and a seeming lack of understanding about what makes a good customer service experience.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interesting, well can always cancel the reservation if options not to my liking. Looks like you drive a model 3, are you considering replacing that vehicle with the Ioniq? If so, may I ask why? I considered Tesla but was always lukewarm on the styling of the 3, the lack of a dealer network for service, production problems, quality control and a seeming lack of understanding about what makes a good customer service experience.
I assume that was for me, My spouse has the Model 3. So this would be a second EV for the garage to replace my 2015 Mazda 3. I love Mazda’s styling but they are not embracing EVs yet. We are in California and have two Tesla service centers within 30 minutes of our house. Customer service has been good, but if anything goes really wrong, you are sort of on your own. Tesla also offers mobile service which hand handle smaller things (windshield, interior issues, some parts, tire rotation, etc). It is super convenient. That said our two Hyundai dealers are both only two stars on Yelp.

I’m looking for something with a bit more visual pizazz that the Tesla. The Ionic has really unusual styling and some very interesting features that makes it attractive. Plus I can use CarPlay in the Ionic. Just wish it was wireless and not wired.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry, just saw back a page that krusshall mentioned owning a Tesla.
No worries, yea I tried very hard to convince myself to buy Tesla but glad I didn't for the reasons I mentioned and the fact that there are some enticing new EV introductions due in the next year or so from Toyota, Nissan, etc. etc. Funny you mention the Mazda. I currently own a full zoot Mazda 6 with 47K on the odometer that I absolutely love, one of my favorite cars I've ever owned. If Mazda offered an EV I'd definitely go that route!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Funny you mention the Mazda. I currently own a full zoot Mazda 6 with 47K on the odometer that I absolutely love, one of my favorite cars I've ever owned. If Mazda offered an EV I'd definitely go that route!!
I love my Mazda as well. It’s so fun to drive and sticks to the road like glue. 60k miles on mine. I’ll be sad when it’s gone but won’t miss the gas stations at all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It’s so fun to drive and sticks to the road like glue. 60k miles on mine. I’ll be sad when it’s gone but won’t miss the gas stations at all.
Everything you said plus no more oil changes, I absolutely hate going to the dealer for those $65 oil/filter changes every few thousand miles. Such a blazing waste of time.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good question about the HUD. From what I've seen it comes in the same package as the vision roof, so that would be Limited for the US.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I want something bigger as the kids are growing and the backseat gets smaller and smaller. The Y isn’t tax credit eligible nor is it “affordable” especially with the price increases recently.

Edit: Also I will mention that we want something more comfortable as far as ride quality and noise. Tesla is much improved as witnessed by a recent Y test drive but for 2019 vintage vehicles, they are comparatively loud and rough riding.

81 - 100 of 137 Posts