Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i reserved a limited ioniq 5 awd right when reservations opened, and an sel an hour after, since i was unsure whether we would be able to modify the reservation. would i be able to change the trim from limited to sel if i wanted to later? i might not need some of the features limited offers, but if the price difference is really small (like 3k or less), i might just keep the limited. thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
i reserved a limited ioniq 5 awd right when reservations opened, and an sel an hour after, since i was unsure whether we would be able to modify the reservation. would i be able to change the trim from limited to sel if i wanted to later? i might not need some of the features limited offers, but if the price difference is really small (like 3k or less), i might just keep the limited. thanks!
I made a reservation for the SE trim (by mistake). Just talked to Hyundai a few minutes ago. They should be calling you as well. Changed from the SE to SEL. Tried to get an idea when we will see pricing. But wasn’t able to get a timeline. I really hope that the pricing is between the VW ID.4 Pro and Pro S.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I made a reservation for the SE trim (by mistake). Just talked to Hyundai a few minutes ago. They should be calling you as well. Changed from the SE to SEL. Tried to get an idea when we will see pricing. But wasn’t able to get a timeline. I really hope that the pricing is between the VW ID.4 Pro and Pro S.
did you get a confirmation email by any chance? it seems kinda odd they didnt say anything after reserving. i really hope it is also around that price, like around 45k. that would be a great deal for what this car offers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I got an initial confirmation email minutes after reserving and a 2nd email around 70-80 minutes later after I didn’t answer my phone. Seems like a lot of the updates will be phone conservations. This includes getting pricing information. I prefer email myself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got an initial confirmation email minutes after reserving and a 2nd email around 70-80 minutes later after I didn’t answer my phone. Seems like a lot of the updates will be phone conservations. This includes getting pricing information. I prefer email myself.
interesting. i got no call or email, and its been around 3 hours since i reserved the first one, and still no info. email is far more convenient for me, too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
interesting. i got no call or email, and its been around 3 hours since i reserved the first one, and still no info. email is far more convenient for me, too.
It maybe a timing thing. What time did you reserve? I was around 3:30 est.

Maybe it is a regional thing as well. I live in Massachusetts. Wonder how many people in this area want an Ioniq 5.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It maybe a timing thing. What time did you reserve? I was around 3:30 est.

Maybe it is a regional thing as well. I live in Massachusetts. Wonder how many people in this area want an Ioniq 5.
cali here. reserved at around 1pm pst, or 4 est. was it the dealer that contacted you?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I reserved an SEL a few hours ago in California, but I haven't gotten an email or phone call. I noticed that my credit card was charged $100, so I figure I'm in the reservation queue.

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt EV
13 Posts
Reserved as soon as the page went up but didn't see any options on the page (trim, color, etc.) until later, so I'm down as a white SE for the moment. No call yet but will probably bump it up to the Limited in blue (or "Lucid Pole"?!) when the concierge gets in touch. If it follows other OEMs, we should have access to some sort of reservation holder configurator when they have options and pricing nailed down. Seems odd that's not already in place given the Fall 2021 timing, but I expect that to slip into Q4 and rollout to be slow, so I guess there's time.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think I will place a reservation on either the SEL or Limited. However, I think it is important to go to the auto shows to see if it's to my liking. I will also like to sit in the EV6 and Nissan Ariya.

·
Registered
15 Posts
For those of us not in one of their selected initial states, anyone have an opinion about the difficulty of buying one out of state? Or would it be best just to wait until 2022 and avoid the hassle?

·
Registered
34 Posts
For those of us not in one of their selected initial states, anyone have an opinion about the difficulty of buying one out of state? Or would it be best just to wait until 2022 and avoid the hassle?
Avoid. I don't like this Telsa reservation trend.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You should check with your dealer to be sure. Note that delivery time may have a great impact in your decision. So how keen are you on having it soon? Chip shortage has even halted production recently.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Avoid. I don't like this Telsa reservation trend.
This is the first post I’ve seen against how Tesla sells cars. The overwhelming majority of comments in forums like this one is how miserable the traditional auto buying experience is due to the shenanigans the dealers pull.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is the first post I’ve seen against how Tesla sells cars. The overwhelming majority of comments in forums like this one is how miserable the traditional auto buying experience is due to the shenanigans the dealers pull.
I don't like the mirrors and smoke talk either but haven't seen or sat in an all-new car and agreeing to it can be a little scary.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't like the mirrors and smoke talk either but haven't seen or sat in an all-new car and agreeing to it can be a little scary.
I agree, you have to drive it before buying. But that doesn’t mean that the deal can’t be worked out in advance online and avoid spending hours in the dealership waiting for the sales rep to go back and forth with the finance manager “to see what they can do.”

·
Registered
34 Posts
With Tesla, there is no bargaining. With legacy brands such as Hyundai, you will eventually have to do "Part II" in the showroom.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts