Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Just had my local dealer rang asking for the car to bring it back for some recall work on safety camera and do some upgrade work. I drive Ioniq 5 Premium 58kwh edition.
Has anyone in the forum received this type of call yet?

·
Registered
2021 Project 45
120 Posts
I had mine done last week. It stops all the random error messages being generated by the front camera - at least it has done so far.
I tested this out at the weekend, on almost the same route that had the safety systems binging and bonging endlessly a month ago, and there wasn't a single warning so as far as I can tell it did indeed fix it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello

Just had my local dealer rang asking for the car to bring it back for some recall work on safety camera and do some upgrade work. I drive Ioniq 5 Premium 58kwh edition.
Has anyone in the forum received this type of call yet?
Who is your dealer please? I've not heard a peep from mine (Holdcroft Stockport) since I bought it about 6 weeks ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Who is your dealer please? I've not heard a peep from mine (Holdcroft Stockport) since I bought it about 6 weeks ago.
My dealer is in Tunbridge wells. Apart from the camera update was there any other work done?
I got the car on the last week of September, but there is waitlist and I am scheduled to get it done on 21st December,as per the dealer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My dealer is in Tunbridge wells. Apart from the camera update was there any other work done?
I got the car on the last week of September, but there is waitlist and I am scheduled to get it done on 21st December,as per the dealer.
No, I've not had anything done.

Just wondering why my dealer hasn't contacted me to say work is required.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was aware there were updates so contacted my dealer. I've had them about a month and it has solved the front camera related issues. Today, using the link @mccltd kindly shared above, I see the car is now due the following:
Battery Management System (BMS) update, IONIQ 5 (NE EV)

Valid until: June 13th, 2024
Campaign code : 10D183

Anyone know what this should fix / how urgent it is? Could it increase range or charing speed...or is that a dream too far?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Interesting - I seems to have a service action on: Lane Keeping Assistant (LKA), Driver Assistance System (ADAS) and Electronic Steering
(it's double interesting as my LKA is zig-zag'in the car so much my wife gets sick if I use it - basically constantly small adjustmets left/right)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Interesting - I seems to have a service action on: Lane Keeping Assistant (LKA), Driver Assistance System (ADAS) and Electronic Steering
(it's double interesting as my LKA is zig-zag'in the car so much my wife gets sick if I use it - basically constantly small adjustmets left/right)
For me, I found it is Lane Follow Assist that causes that micro-zig-zagging. LKA works a dream for me: it only kicks in if you are about to drift out of lane. I have turned off LFA permanently in the menus.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Project 45 in digital teal green
47 Posts
Interesting. I just called the dealership. Who had to check and call me back. There are 3 recalls for my Ioniq 5. Booked in for 30th Nov. Will get headlight alignment checked at the same time

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just found I have some more updates due from the site below. These werent their last week:
type your vin in here: Rückrufe und Serviceaktionen | Hyundai Deutschland

For me it is the following:

Update Motor Control Unit (MCU), IONIQ 5 (NE EV)

Valid until: May 28th, 2024

Lane Keeping Assistant (LKA), Driver Assistance System (ADAS) and Electronic Steering

Valid until: 07.06.2024

·
Registered
140 Posts
I haven't heard a thing from my dealership. I do get the random warning messages. It's tiresome, but not impacting my driving. I will book the car in soonish, but I have to fill in 3+ hours on an industrial estate, so I'm in no rush.

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Premium - Phantom Black
23 Posts
I was aware there were updates so contacted my dealer. I've had them about a month and it has solved the front camera related issues. Today, using the link @mccltd kindly shared above, I see the car is now due the following:
Battery Management System (BMS) update, IONIQ 5 (NE EV)

Valid until: June 13th, 2024
Campaign code : 10D183

Anyone know what this should fix / how urgent it is? Could it increase range or charing speed...or is that a dream too far?
I think this is to resolve an issue with the car not responding/starting-up for a period (30 mins?) after fast charging.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Project 45 in digital teal green
47 Posts
So I’ve had three updates today:
1. Dash cam update for LKA
2. BMS - battery management system update
3. MCU - motor control unit update
And I asked for my high beam to be checked and aligned.
For 1,2&3 dealership wasn’t certain as to the changes/benefits. I couldn’t find any difference in my drive home.
For the high beam, they said they’d checked against the alignment system but nothing found. I don’t think I explained the problem well enough, so no change and will have to be looked at again sometime

1 - 20 of 24 Posts