Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate RWD + Tech + Eco GG
157 Posts
Oh come on! Recharging batteries? You'll be telling us next you can run a car on sunshine!
We have been doing so for the past 100 years if you consider the original source of energy of organism that eventually formed crude oil.

·
Registered
200 Posts
OK interesting, thanks. A long shot maybe, but I'll give them a call. This is a tricky situation for somebody as incredibly impatient as I am :oops:
I’ve bought two cars from these guys in Letchworth. They always seem to be able to get cars. Their comms is a bit lacking at times but they are pretty good to deal with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm collecting a new Ultimate RWD 71kwh from Taunton tomorrow and driving all the way home to Newcastle same day -380 miles so I've also got range anxiety!

i rang about 40 dealers looking for p45 immediately to no avail. couldn't even find an Ultimate immediately anywhere with light coloured trim except the one I'm getting. lots of dealers were advertising them but didn't actually have any......:rolleyes:

spent the last day on zap map working out the route using only credit cards as I cant get Ionity app to work - registered ok but it doesn't recognise me ?? the Charge my hyundai rfid card's not arrived though they say that a credit card can be used meantime but there is no link to my card on the app and can't see anywhere to tell the app my card details.

is it possible to use a credit card at Ionity?

·
Registered
4 Posts
charge my hyundai card's just arrived!

I've activated it but it says it may be " within 24 hours of activation" - its complicated ... meanwhile can i just use a credit card at Ionity?

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Project 45 and E-Niro 4+. (Previously, Polestar2, Tesla M3, Ampera, Ioniq)
129 Posts

I've activated it but it says it may be " within 24 hours of activation" - its complicated ... meanwhile can i just use a credit card at Ionity?
Hopefully the 24 hours will be up by the time you need to use it and the card will be recognised. Have you asked the dealer to charge the car to 100% for you?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dealers says yes will be 100%.

im planning on quite a few stops actually so I get familiar with various charging systems, final stop Leeds Skelton ionity

·
Registered
Ioniq EV 2020
4 Posts
176 miles into trip is no problem for you in 73 kWh battery, even in snow in winter flat out I'd say. Relax. Have a play with abetterrouteplanner.com and try adjusting the temperature, headwind, weather conditions etc, and see what that suggests. You can select the Europe long range I5 in there so it already knows enough to give an estimate for you.
This app gets shortened to ABRP in here, saves a lot of typing and miss-spelling!

Always have a plan B, and a plan C. e.g on my trip my topups were Ferrybridge (failed), Wetherby(worked - yea!), Scotch Corner + a slight back-track as would have overshot my optimal A1 exit.

And on a long trip like that if plans B & C fail, you can use zap-map to hunt for other Rapids, but single ones might be in use, so look for multiples. Again these can be in use (I waited for 3 others in Wetherby as failures from Ferrybridge were there before me!) so allow an extra hour in your journey, just in case you end up faffing around. And have a practice charging wih your chosen Rapid supplier(s) of choice so you know your app works. Gridserve is just bank credit/debit card, so really easy, and how they should all be (but aren't!). Instavolts are excellent & reliable. Much liked in here. BP & Shell aren't, as a rule, though I've used a single Shell Rapid ok. Once they'd mended it.

I also use Hyundai ChargeMyHyundai, that app starts up most Rapids around, but Gridserve isn't on their list, and BP Pulse Rapids are giving me grief - I have H trying to fix one for me. Fat chance tho', imho. I have the cheapo pay-as-you-go subscription to this, H add 50p on top of whatever charge the Rapid makes, but at least it's handy if raining, and the debits are done at the back-end & it's another Plan-B assist device for me.
176 miles into trip is no problem for you in 73 kWh battery, even in snow in winter flat out I'd say. Relax. Have a play with abetterrouteplanner.com and try adjusting the temperature, headwind, weather conditions etc, and see what that suggests. You can select the Europe long range I5 in there so it already knows enough to give an estimate for you.
This app gets shortened to ABRP in here, saves a lot of typing and miss-spelling!

Always have a plan B, and a plan C. e.g on my trip my topups were Ferrybridge (failed), Wetherby(worked - yea!), Scotch Corner + a slight back-track as would have overshot my optimal A1 exit.

And on a long trip like that if plans B & C fail, you can use zap-map to hunt for other Rapids, but single ones might be in use, so look for multiples. Again these can be in use (I waited for 3 others in Wetherby as failures from Ferrybridge were there before me!) so allow an extra hour in your journey, just in case you end up faffing around. And have a practice charging wih your chosen Rapid supplier(s) of choice so you know your app works. Gridserve is just bank credit/debit card, so really easy, and how they should all be (but aren't!). Instavolts are excellent & reliable. Much liked in here. BP & Shell aren't, as a rule, though I've used a single Shell Rapid ok. Once they'd mended it.

I also use Hyundai ChargeMyHyundai, that app starts up most Rapids around, but Gridserve isn't on their list, and BP Pulse Rapids are giving me grief - I have H trying to fix one for me. Fat chance tho', imho. I have the cheapo pay-as-you-go subscription to this, H add 50p on top of whatever charge the Rapid makes, but at least it's handy if raining, and the debits are done at the back-end & it's another Plan-B assist device for me.
I also have a 38kWh Ioniq which I’ve had since April. Done just over 3000 miles now, mainly local trips around Yorkshire, longer trips are to my daughters in Cheshire, 130 miles return on M62 M60 with no problems. Currently showing 5.4 miles/kWh total economy which is more than I expected, but not sure how accurate that is. Will be interested to see how that goes down over the next six winter months. You’ll have had two winters in yours, what is yours averaging out at, and how many miles have you done so far?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Everyone

I ordered my Ioniq 5 over the weekend - was going to go for a RWD 73Kwh but the dealer had stock arriving for AWD (with tech and eco packs) sooner and with a decent deal so my heart over-rode head! Hoping to get it in early December.

I loved the car when I test-drove (RWD version)...loving the reviews and reading all your comments with interest. But I am getting seriously concerned about motorway range. The car I have ordered has the EcoPack but there seems to be so little information about the effect this has on range during winter months. I live in the South of England and have to travel to see family in the North East - around 250 mile journey up the A1 (for those in the UK that know that road)...what do you think my realistic expectation should be in terms of stopping off for a charge on the way up on a typical chilly, drizzly, UK winter evening?

I am going fully EV and have a VW ID3 on order as well (no heat pump on that one) - so rather going into EV fully committed! Got my home charger fitted - just waiting for the cars now!

Any thoughts or experiences gratefully received.....
I've had my I5 P45 which is AWD 73kWh since the end of August and love it and I have been surprised at the mileage I am getting, as others have said to get the best mileage take it easy in Eco going into Sports mode seriously reduces mileage. I live in Manchester and have just had a weekend in Ambleside which is only 90 miles from my house and mainly motorway up to the Lakes M60,M61,M6 followed by slow winding hilly country lanes, I made sure that I was fully charged before setting off and as usual it said I had 270 miles left and when I arrived in Ambleside it said there were 175 miles left, on Sunday did quite a bit of driving around including climbing up Borrowdale and down through the Honister Pass to Buttermere so giving my I5 P45 a really good test drive as anyone who knows the area will agree, the weather went from fog in the morning to rain ending up with sunshine, mileage left was getting a bit low so charged up to 100% at Instavolt's 50kW fast chargers at Booths, Keswick at 40p/kWh which took 68 minutes so it was time for a walk and a coffee the charge cost £15.95, a bit more driving around plus a lot more the next day and another full charge again at Keswick ready for the trip home the following morning, this charge took 72 minutes so time for lunch and the charge cost £17.32. So the 180 mile round trip plus a lot of driving around cost £33.27 in top ups and a final charge when I got home of 28.8kWh which cost £2.26 on my Podpoint at 5p/kWh with Octopus Go between 00:30-04:30 so the whole trip cost about £25 less than a tank of petrol at todays price you just have to time your charges for meal times, if only it was 5p at charge stations, my local MFG 150kW station charges 39p/kWh so a penny cheaper than Instavolt's 50kW but a lot faster maybe a coffee instead of a meal.

Join Octopus Go with the link below and we both get £50

www.share.octopus.energy/loved-snake-711

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
398 Posts
Careful with that. Over here it's a roaming service and significantly more expensive using the hyundai card then the dedicated card for the charging network. A flawed thing that are of no use.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We must have heavy right feet in our house. Our P45 estimates 217 miles for a full charge.
Is that in Eco, Normal or Sport there seems a big difference between our batteries, mine always says 270 when fully charged in Eco, just had a look and it says the battery is at 74% with 190 miles range but it is a bit colder today

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
398 Posts
Will be interested to see how that goes down over the next six winter months. You’ll have had two winters in yours, what is yours averaging out at, and how many miles have you done so far?

·
Registered
200 Posts

im planning on quite a few stops actually so I get familiar with various charging systems, final stop Leeds Skelton ionity
Yep best way. My first trip was 400 miles straight out the dealership. I stopped loads of times, not due to range anxiety, to try as many different chargers as possible both in terms of their location and function. We’ll be doing this journey frequently and my wife will do it on her own too so wanted to work out the charging strategy. The return trip was a 3 stopper.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
398 Posts

You actually are aiming to stop for charging!! That's a brave move. :-O

·
Registered
200 Posts
Is that in Eco, Normal or Sport there seems a big difference between our batteries, mine always says 270 when fully charged in Eco, just had a look and it says the battery is at 74% with 190 miles range but it is a bit colder today
ECO. The estimate range between them isn’t huge.

270 miles is more than Hyundai claim for the AWD isn’t if?

What’s your miles per kWh?

·
Registered
200 Posts
ECO. The estimate range between them isn’t huge.

270 miles is more than Hyundai claim for the AWD isn’t if?

What’s your miles per kWh?

21 - 40 of 93 Posts