Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
It varies from free for some public 7KW/22kw chargers, to outrageous (68p/KWh) for some of the rapid 150KW+ networks.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Ultimate AWD + Tech + Eco Galactic Grey on Order
228 Posts
There are hardly any free chargers in England.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
There's plenty near me but they only charge the same rate as my easee home box. It's really not worth getting the cables out unless you're the for over an hour.
I have found Tesco's during the weekly shop good for free charging - that's if you can get a bay.
North East around Darlington is rife with chargers.

Best charging experience is with the Ionity charging - with a subscription (you get at least a year free with the I5) the charge is around 22p/kwh.

Best place so far is the Green Carpark @ Medowhall Shopping, Sheffield. 38 VendElectic chargers there. And they are under cover! They are not the cheapest but usually you get a spot. It would be great to be able to add them to the CMH account.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have found Tesco's during the weekly shop good for free charging - that's if you can get a bay.
North East around Darlington is rife with chargers.

Best charging experience is with the Ionity charging - with a subscription (you get at least a year free with the I5) the charge is around 22p/kwh.

Best place so far is the Green Carpark @ Medowhall Shopping, Sheffield. 38 VendElectic chargers there. And they are under cover! They are not the cheapest but usually you get a spot. It would be great to be able to add them to the CMH account.
Nothing where i live apart from a 7kw at an in town Tesco. Pretty sure even with Hyundai deal IONITY it more expensive that that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Chemical Guys do awesome products for keeping your Matte GG in mint condition. I get all my bits from https://www.slimsdetailing.co.uk/search?type=product&q=matte*
I have just bought the autoglyn stuff and it will be first wash this weekend, weather permitting. I also have the 'not polish' finisher. I will let you know what it is like.

I do like the idea of the sealant on that page but there are quite a few reviews that say stay away from it. Have you had any experience with it?

·
Registered
478 Posts
You folks in the UK get free mats and in the US we can't even get prices. :(
I had a call from the dealer before collecting the car, they apologised and said that normally they would throw-in the mats, which is why they didn't mention it earlier, but we got the car on a lease and the finance company blatantly refused to include the mats, so we bought them for £74 (~$100).

·
Registered
478 Posts
I pay 24p on the Shell Ubitricity 5.5kW lamppost chargers where I live in London. There are plenty of lampposts in our street and the neighbouring roads so finding a free chargers isn't a problem.

I usually charge from 30% to 80% which takes 7 hours and costs £9.20.

The 7 hours isn't an issue for me because the car is simply being charged while parked overnight in the street outside our building.

(I am told that it can be as cheap as 12-13p if using a home charger on night tariff)

·
Registered
Skoda Yeti 2.0 Very clean diesel (according to VW). Ioniq 5 Ultimate AWD 73kWh tech and eco in 2021!
126 Posts
(I am told that it can be as cheap as 12-13p if using a home charger on night tariff)
7kW charger * 4 hours, say 25kW to be safe. 00:30-04:30 on Octopus Go @ 5p per kWh = £1.25 for 100 miles, if you can feather-foot your way to 4 miles per kWh

·
Registered
2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV
149 Posts
It varies from free for some public 7KW/22kw chargers, to outrageous (68p/KWh) for some of the rapid 150KW+ networks.
Keep in mind that for the fast chargers there is some VERY expensive hardware involved. And the service rate from the electricity provider goes way up to enable that kind of power, not only to deliver it, but also just to have the capability of delivering it standing by. (That infrastructure has costs associated with it even if it's sitting idle.) On top of all that, most of these are owned by commercial entities, and each has its own view of where and how DCFC fits in their business model. Hence the wide variation in costs.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Totally right. Fixed cost for access to a given level of power distribution capacity* (kW) vs variable energy cost (kWh).
* The power distribution company has to build/maintain/extend the networks accordingly.

·
Registered
23 Posts
A few days only with the Ioniq 5, RWD 160KW and 73KWH battery. First impression would be as follows:
  • Interior quality looks simply spectacular
  • I couldn´t see the Lucid Blue colour or the Grey Bitone interior before, but both look amazing in real.
  • Luggage space is good enough to fit our two golf bags and two trolleys. I pushed a little the rear row of seats to get more space without any compromise to the comfort of the rear passengers.
  • Drive is very comfortable, similar in acceleration to the Kona 150KW - 64KWH battery, although it feels a little heavier. Much bigger car though, you notice it clearly wider and the turnning radius is clearly bigger.
  • I have the 20" trims and the car is supposed to do 450 km, similar to Kona. The wheather is now 2-3º C in the morning and 15º C in the afternoon, and with a 50/50 between secondary road and highway I get around that. I had the opportunity to have one short trip with the Kona at the same time, and consumption seemed to be very similar in terms of %. I will do a test one day to compare both cars in same conditions.
So far we are really happy. Let´s see with more time

·
Registered
228 Posts
I pay 24p on the Shell Ubitricity 5.5kW lamppost chargers where I live in London. There are plenty of lampposts in our street and the neighbouring roads so finding a free chargers isn't a problem.

I usually charge from 30% to 80% which takes 7 hours and costs £9.20.

The 7 hours isn't an issue for me because the car is simply being charged while parked overnight in the street outside our building.

Not n the current market.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 73Kwh RWD Premium Gravity Gold
15 Posts
I have just bought the autoglyn stuff and it will be first wash this weekend, weather permitting. I also have the 'not polish' finisher. I will let you know what it is like.

I do like the idea of the sealant on that page but there are quite a few reviews that say stay away from it. Have you had any experience with it?
I havent bothered with the sealant. Watched a video by Chenical Guys and they just recommend the wash and finisher, so that's all im doing

21 - 37 of 37 Posts