Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a video how to update your software (mainly navigation).
Looks dangerous to me, but interesting to know. It seems to be the Hyundai Russian website, but seems to be the same as the European version.
Here is the link where the guy download the latest software: Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website
Here is what the German guy wrote on his forum: link

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here is a video how to update your software (mainly navigation).
Looks dangerous to me, but interesting to know. It seems to be the Hyundai Russian website, but seems to be the same as the European version.
Here is the link where the guy download the latest software: Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website
Here is what the German guy wrote on his forum: link
On the same forums, We were comparing the Navigation software level of our 2 'identical' First Edition RWD Delivery on 1st September, both in Switzerland.
This is basically like an Ultimate RWD 72 kWh top trim with 20" wheels, so P45 minute the AWD minus Solar.

On mine, the software level is NE_E.EUR_S5W_L_001.001.210524
while his is now NE_E.EUR.S5W_L.001.001. 210723, 210603 was on it - apparently freshly loaded from the garage. (???)

So there are already discrepencies between the various deliveries in the same country. We did not compare VIN numbers though.

FWIW: According to the other guy, the charging station display improves noticeably in the before / after comparison with the software / navigation update that can be downloaded there.

I am not game enough to try to update/flash manually when an OTA update option should be available 'soon'.

·
Registered
999 Posts
On the same forums, We were comparing the Navigation software level of our 2 'identical' First Edition RWD Delivery on 1st September, both in Switzerland.
This is basically like an Ultimate RWD 72 kWh top trim with 20" wheels, so P45 minute the AWD minus Solar.

On mine, the software level is NE_E.EUR_S5W_L_001.001.210524
while his is now NE_E.EUR.S5W_L.001.001. 210723, 210603 was on it - apparently freshly loaded from the garage. (???)

So there are already discrepencies between the various deliveries in the same country. We did not compare VIN numbers though.

FWIW: According to the other guy, the charging station display improves noticeably in the before / after comparison with the software / navigation update that can be downloaded there.

I am not game enough to try to update/flash manually when an OTA update option should be available 'soon'.
i am 100% sure that this NE_E.EUR.S5W_L.001.001. 210723 <-- is not freshly loaded from garage.
the garage has 210603. so only if the garage has gone to this forum and goingelectric forum and downloaded the 210723 from my link ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
i am 100% sure that this NE_E.EUR.S5W_L.001.001. 210723 <-- is not freshly loaded from garage.
the garage has 210603. so only if the garage has gone to this forum and goingelectric forum and downloaded the 210723 from my link ;)
Glad to see you responding on this forum as well.
You're right. I had meant to imply he has 210723 now, but the freshly loaded from garage was 210603, but mine was 210524, even though we both took delivery on the same day, same 'version'.

The exact text was:
---
^tom^ wrote: Welche Version hast du drauf?
Software: NE_E.EUR.S5W_L.001.001. 210603?
Beim Dealercode was eintragen?
Finde keine Infos hierzu.
NE_E.EUR.S5W_L.001.001. 210723

210603 war drauf - offenbar frisch vom Garagisten geladen.
---

Could you give any indication on what are the improvements ? EV:CH mentioned that there were not just simply map differences.
-- He mentioned the following - google translated --
PS The charging station display improves noticeably in the before / after comparison with the software / navigation update that can be downloaded here in the forum

Would you have any screenshots on the differences ?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Glad to see you responding on this forum as well.
You're right. I had meant to imply he has 210723 now, but the freshly loaded from garage was 210603, but mine was 210524, even though we both took delivery on the same day, same 'version'.

The exact text was:
---

NE_E.EUR.S5W_L.001.001. 210723

210603 war drauf - offenbar frisch vom Garagisten geladen.
---

Could you give any indication on what are the improvements ? EV:CH mentioned that there were not just simply map differences.
-- He mentioned the following - google translated --
PS The charging station display improves noticeably in the before / after comparison with the software / navigation update that can be downloaded here in the forum

Would you have any screenshots on the differences ?
got it. i have seen freshly delivered ioniq5 with 210303 sw, 2105xx sw and 210603 software. it all depends on if the koreans did have time to update or not or if the local dealer did have time to update it before delivering. its not a big deal.

so the latest " official " update for the ioniq 5 is 210603. and map 14.41.42.585 <- this is what the dealers have access to download.
meanwhile in the hyundai russia they release monthly update. we have had 210723 and now 210817 . basically thet do bug fixes mostly. under the hood fixes. we havent seen any differences visually yet.

now the dealer get 2-3 BIG update a year from their portal. usually 1 in march and 1 in sep/october. .. however due to corona this year we have had 3, due to delay from the last year.
anyways, we assume that these " big " update contains all the monthly update rlsed in russia + new features.

Russia will also get the big autum update with new features, around same time as the dealer get theirs, if not before actually.

i hope this make sense.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Project 45 and E-Niro 4+. (Previously, Polestar2, Tesla M3, Ampera, Ioniq)
129 Posts
So are all updates done by the dealer (officially), and not OTA?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts