Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had an Ioniq 5 Ultimate for 5 weeks and I am having problems charging it properly.

I have had a PodPoint Charger installed. which is my main method of charging. I have installed the Bluelink on my iPhone and when I monitor the charging it starts charging for 5-10 minutes and then stops. Sometimes If I unlock the car and lock it again the car starts to charge for another 10 minutes or so.

Sometimes I remove the charging plug from the car then plug it in again. I hear the usual click and it charges for another 10 minutes or so then stops

Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just saw this after I posted if you had it resolved… Did you contact Hyundai to have it fixed?
Check this thread...I think you're is inverter heat related...No fix from Hyundai yet (if ever)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’m having this issue now in July 2022. Did you ever get it resolved? It had been working fine for months, and suddenly it’s happening every night when I go to charge it.
Charging port and cable assembly was just replaced by dealer after weeks of going back and forth with them on the issue. This part includes the cable with overheating sensor that goes to the battery which is accessible under the rear seat. To finally validate the issue, they hooked up the car to ODB device and obtained error code P1BAD00 indicating over heating at the charge port. This was done BEFORE I attempted to charge the car again after it stopped charging and before it got to the charge limit set . A significant issue with the Ioniq 5 seems to be that error code history is not stored. So, if you restart the charge the car after the sensor detects overheating and stops and, it then completes the charge cycle, you won't get a fault code generated. Thus the dealer cannot validate the problem.

·
Registered
'22 Atlas White SE
376 Posts
Charging port and cable assembly was just replaced by dealer after weeks of going back and forth with them on the issue. This part includes the cable with overheating sensor that goes to the battery which is accessible under the rear seat. To finally validate the issue, they hooked up the car to ODB device and obtained error code P1BAD00 indicating over heating at the charge port. This was done BEFORE I attempted to charge the car again after it stopped charging and before it got to the charge limit set . A significant issue with the Ioniq 5 seems to be that error code history is not stored. So, if you restart the charge the car after the sensor detects overheating and stops and, it then completes the charge cycle, you won't get a fault code generated. Thus the dealer cannot validate the problem.
How convenient for Hyundai: If an error occurred and it was deleted, did it occur at all? 😭

This issue, all by itself, should be the subject of a recall.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had an Ioniq 5 Ultimate for 5 weeks and I am having problems charging it properly. I have had a PodPoint Charger installed. which is my main method of charging. I have installed the Bluelink on my iPhone and when I monitor the charging it starts charging for 5-10 minutes and then stops. Sometimes If I unlock the car and lock it again the car starts to charge for another 10 minutes or so. Sometimes I remove the charging plug from the car then plug it in again. I hear the usual click and it charges for another 10 minutes or so then stops Has anyone else had this issue?
Sometimes Mine charges for 40 minutes or so and then shuts off. I thought it was the charger so I bought a different unit and it's doing the same thing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After dealer replaced charging port cable and sensor, the over temp error no longer occurs which interrupted charging. However, I have charging interruption as you all describe when Ioniq is set to charge at normal full-power (~11 kw/hr) setting. I can restart and get charging started again but have to do this several times before I am able to fully charge the car. I have set car to charge at reduced power (- 10 kw/hr) and will see if that helps. We all probably have overheating of onboard charging system or battery, not sure. My dealer (College Park Hyundai) knows I have the problem and am very dissatisfied with their inability to resolve the issue. Hyundai support is non-existent thus far.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had this issue since setting up scheduled charge times. It now stops intermittently whether scheduled charge is on or off and I can’t get a full charge. Still not taking a full charge after latest software update either.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not sure. I'm thinking the multiple notifications was due to a loose connection. Because, last night, it charged for 6 hours straight @ 40amps and I got one message at the end of the session. Idk anymore.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts