Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • US ICCU Recall (aka 12V battery failure issue). Please use the following thread, this pertains to all eGMP models. Please do not create duplicate threads on this topic. Thread

Ioniq 5 Price

26K views 141 replies 34 participants last post by  Raja777m 
#1 ·
Does anyone knows the Price of Ioniq 5 in USA? I believe if it's equivalent or lower than ID4, it will do well here in the USA. Otherwise, it's going to miss out the demand. Already ID4 is readily available with VW dealerships at least in Dallas,Texas.
I hope Hyundai will price it comparitively lower than VW ID4.

#108 ·
The Hyundai Canada site is now saying "Pricing coming soon". I saw somewhere that they should announce pricing when they start building the Ioniq 5 for the Canadian market and that is suppose to start in August. So I believe we should finally have pricing in 2-3 weeks.

My guess is that the Preferred (lower trim) will be $44,999, so the Ioniq 5 series qualify. For the other trim, not sure. I order a Preferred Long Range. I think I'm good for the $5,000 Federal incentive (you have to be under $55,000). And I will also get the $8,000 from the Quebec government. If I'm right, I buy my Ioniq 5 right away. I think it will be the best car I had in my whole life. :)

#109 ·
I am very jealous of the $8k rebate in Quebec. I was hoping Ontario would legislate a new incentive before delivery of the I5, I guess there is still time. I remember there being a trim called "Essential" that was available to reserve for maybe a month, but it's gone now. I think that will be $44999, and the preferred will push more like $48. I think RWD LR will be definitely be under $55k, but I'm hoping the AWD will be as well. Only time will tell us.

#112 ·
Since the Tesla Model Y is mentioned, IONIQ 5 vs TESLA MODEL Y... :
Tesla great job, max speed, range especially leveraging its shape and weight. Still prefer, being in Europe, comfort. 99% of my trips are within 200kms one way. With the Hyundai IONIQ 5, I do look forward to ventilated seats, Android Auto, the roomy and comfortable interior, and HUD. Also like reclining seats with foot rest and reclining console for arms rest, all electronic aids especially against collisions, automated parking (Executive version), blind spot cams on dashboard when turning, V2L, sun shades integrated in back doors, electric sunroof shade, wide space available inside with good visibility through the back window etc.
And the obviously efficient 400V to 800V internal battery inverter for fast charging.
Other bugs with Tesla : Model 3 too low on the ground (Model Y is a perfected Model 3); door handles too complicated for kids and scratchy with persons with long finger nails; blue jeans bleed on those white seats.; simplistic navigation system(whereas under ANDROID AUTO, ABRP beta notably has settings for car weight, or TomTom Go 's use of all offline maps etc. ); quality of paint jobs ; mediocre internal lighting; loud alerts not compatible with family driving.
Also 5 year car warranty illimited kms (Max 80 000 for Tesla... Reliability issues?), and 8 year battery warranty (same as Tesla).

Comment by Park Shawn translating from Korean to English this video :

Ionic 5 LR and Model Y LR both have similar spec including weight, battery sizes. Details can be found on google. Here are some highlights from the conclusion they brought up at the end of the video. 1. Both car's AVG speed were about 100KM/h (Highway drive) 2. Both car's A/C and other convenience functions(like Highway drive assistance for Ionic 5, Auto Pilot for Model Y and etc.) were always on during the test. 3. 4 drivers drove about 100km per person and checked the remaining battery at designated location. 4. Both car have shown slightly poor battery performance than usual because of the weather condition (rain) 5. By just looking at the specification, Model Y can drive 141km more than Ionic 5. However the actual drive test have shown that the difference were only about 60~70km. This experiment have shown that IONIC 5's driving range is little longer than what Hyundai advertised. 6. They have concluded that both Ionic 5 and Model Y can drive from Seoul to Busan. The distance between those two cities are about 350km. Hope this helps.

#116 ·
That's positive and actually that's pretty good timeframe imho all things considered. When did you place your pre order and where are you located in Canada? Those in BC such as myself will see our vehicles first since they will land here then be sent across the country which I would expect to create a 2 week delay. I also would expect pricing to follow shortly after production date for sure.

Which trim level did you choose? They will have no issue moving your unit if you choose not to accept due to pricing or delay and if pricing is better than I expect I may even be able to move to an Preferred LR AWD option but I am fine with LR Preferred RWD that I ordered as the full list of options is only available in Ultimate and I don't really want the 20" wheels, I have set my price limit at 52K Canadian with rebates coming off this price following. It is moving in the right direction and in a blink we will be into fall. Next step is to start researching charging setup for my garage. Fortunately I have a charge station directly across the street as well as 1 km away at a Community Centre so I can not complain at all

#140 ·
I really think the price is quite reasonable, especially with what you are getting. I am still a bit concerned over dealership markups because the US dealership system is absolutely horrible. I think Hyundai is doing something in the background to hopefully negate most of the dealerships doing that. But because of how the reservation system worked, the dealerships have a loophole to get more money that I think most will take advantage of to drive up the price: add-ons.

Your perfect configuration car is at the closest dealership of course..bbbbuuutt...it has weather floor mats, door seal logos, bumper wrapping, roadside flare bag, etc. etc. Some of these things people like anyways but not most. And we all know they are more expensive than purchasing something standard from Amazon or somewhere else. The dealership makes high profit off those items for sure and I bet they are going to overload these cars with those to get that extra profit without any "dealership markup".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.