Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Does anyone knows the Price of Ioniq 5 in USA? I believe if it's equivalent or lower than ID4, it will do well here in the USA. Otherwise, it's going to miss out the demand. Already ID4 is readily available with VW dealerships at least in Dallas,Texas.
I hope Hyundai will price it comparitively lower than VW ID4.
Roughly SE $40,000 SEL $50,000 Limited $65,000

·
Registered
102 Posts

Let's hope for a more reasonable price, otherwise, I will have to look at one of Mr. Musk's toys. lol.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Roughly SE $40,000 SEL $50,000 Limited $65,000
I seriously doubt that the price spread between SE and Limited will be $15k... but time will tell... let's all guess and see who's correct. I say:
SE $52k....... SEL $56k....... Limited $62k

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, reserved Ioniq 5
165 Posts
In Arizona we have TV stations that have contests to see who can guess our first day to hit 100°F 🔥 and how much rain 🌧 we will get during the monsoon. I think I have a better chance at winning both contests than guessing the US price. I did look at the UK prices and remove the VAT to get an idea.

·
Registered
16 Posts
View attachment 34649
Let's hope for a more reasonable price, otherwise, I will have to look at one of Mr. Musk's toys. lol.
I was at my local Tesla service center. Here is what they told me regarding the model Y. They have had two price increases recently to get people to buy the model 3 and no other reason for the increase and more increases are likely. October delivery of a Y at the very earliest. There were recently some changes to the car. I knew they had removed the radar from the safety system and there were minor interior changes. In my opinion, Tesla was way ahead and in some areas they have already become behind and seem outdated, like blind-spot monitoring for one, and Musk has announced the tesla super charging will be available to all - soon.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I seriously doubt that the price spread between SE and Limited will be $15k... but time will tell... let's all guess and see who's correct. I say:
SE $52k....... SEL $56k....... Limited $62k
I would be willing to bet that the limited trim will not exceed $58,500, or if it does it would do so only slightly. The EV6 first edition (which is an all up configuration) is $58,500 in the US. There's no reason to think the I5 will exceed that at this time.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would be willing to bet that the limited trim will not exceed $58,500, or if it does it would do so only slightly. The EV6 first edition (which is an all up configuration) is $58,500 in the US. There's no reason to think the I5 will exceed that at this time.
I just looked at the EV6 online and they do say $58.5k MSRP...I would subtract $4k from all my previous predictions... $58.5k for EV6 is not that bad... and when it's a 3 year old CPO KIA, I can probably get one for $30k... :ROFLMAO: Why do people buy new anyways? Unless you own a business and can write off the depreciation, it's brutal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unscientific I know, but in the U.K an Ultimate/Limited is a few hundred pounds less than a LR Model 3. Hopefully its a similar margin here.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was at my local Tesla service center. Here is what they told me regarding the model Y. They have had two price increases recently to get people to buy the model 3 and no other reason for the increase and more increases are likely. October delivery of a Y at the very earliest. There were recently some changes to the car. I knew they had removed the radar from the safety system and there were minor interior changes. In my opinion, Tesla was way ahead and in some areas they have already become behind and seem outdated, like blind-spot monitoring for one, and Musk has announced the tesla super charging will be available to all - soon.
the removal of the front radar is just plain stupid. there is absolutely no redundancy. thats a big downside for an automaker that claims to make the worlds safest cars. also the reason they have no blind spot monitoring is because they never put the rear facing corner radars, which are used in every single car with blind spot monitoring. i dont think tesla will ever have a true blind spot monitor system, except in the model s and x where you can look at the gauge cluster with camera feed from the side cameras (thats if they ever do that). i wouldnt recommend them to do that for the model 3 and y though, since the screen is lower and in the center, so you would have your eyes off the road just to check blind spot. i just look over my shoulder in my model 3. my prius prime has the blind spot system, which is absolutely amazing for night time driving. tesla keeps disappointing...

·
Registered
113 Posts
the removal of the front radar is just plain stupid. there is absolutely no redundancy. thats a big downside for an automaker that claims to make the worlds safest cars. also the reason they have no blind spot monitoring is because they never put the rear facing corner radars, which are used in every single car with blind spot monitoring. i dont think tesla will ever have a true blind spot monitor system, except in the model s and x where you can look at the gauge cluster with camera feed from the side cameras (thats if they ever do that). i wouldnt recommend them to do that for the model 3 and y though, since the screen is lower and in the center, so you would have your eyes off the road just to check blind spot. i just look over my shoulder in my model 3. my prius prime has the blind spot system, which is absolutely amazing for night time driving. tesla keeps disappointing...
NHTSA tested the Tesla without radar and it did fine on emergency stops when only using the cameras.

·
Registered
35 Posts
NHTSA tested the Tesla without radar and it did fine on emergency stops when only using the cameras.
i know it works fine with only cameras, but there has to be a reason why automakers have been using both camera and radar for the automatic braking systems for decades. there is no redundancy with a plain camera system. what if something obstructs the camera like bird poop or dirt, or it is raining heavily? thats when radar becomes useful. thats my guess at least, its for the redundancy. changing something by removing hardware that has been around for decades doesnt seem right. its like a step backwards.

Reactions: rwerp

·
Registered
113 Posts
i know it works fine with only cameras, but there has to be a reason why automakers have been using both camera and radar for the automatic braking systems for decades. there is no redundancy with a plain camera system. what if something obstructs the camera like bird poop or dirt, or it is raining heavily? thats when radar becomes useful. thats my guess at least, its for the redundancy. changing something by removing hardware that has been around for decades doesnt seem right. its like a step backwards.
Give this a watch:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Give this a watch:

its pretty cool stuff, and maybe eventually it can work, but at least for the short term i am still a little bit skeptical. even if they do get it to work, i still would trust a system with radar more than one without it. even the new model s and x still have radar. why was it removed for 3 and y? every single automaker developing some form of autonomous driving has a 5 radar system (one front facing, 2 front corner, 2 rear corner) such as ford, rivian, lucid, nissan, hyundai, volkswagen, etc. so why is tesla removing radar altogether? i can understand that lidar may not be necessary, but radar seems somewhat fundamental still.
i am just hoping they can actually release full self driving and get the robotaxis on the road so my model 3 can get me some revenue ;)
8k (now it is 10k) for a software package for something that is supposed to come out in the future is a lot. at this point i just want to get my money's worth.

·
Registered
102 Posts
MINI still doesn't offer Blind Spot Warning in any of their models. That was the only feature I really complained about not having on my 2017 Countryman S.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The removal of the LIDAR may be caused by the fact that the software analysing the data from it has to be retrained for every new radar model. Whereas the software using video cameras may be more transferable.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interesting - I saw an article that NHTSA had removed safety certifications for all Telsa that had the radar removed because they did not have the ability to test the system with cameras only. There was also an article by the guy that (invented?) lidar and he said that Tesla had made a mistake. I had been at a presentation in Arizona for the Waymo cars and they had video, also presented at their developer conference a couple of years ago, where their Waymo minivan was able to avoid a car that was running a red light at speed by slowing down. A person driving a car would have likely been killed and a car coming the other way was almost hit. Cameras don't work well if at all in bad weather and I know many Telsa drivers that say their cameras say to clean the glass in front of them when it is perfectly clean. I think Elon Musk has moved on to space. He moved to Texas to be where SpaceX is.

·
Registered
Audi S4 & H2 SX SE
63 Posts
I just looked at the EV6 online and they do say $58.5k MSRP...I would subtract $4k from all my previous predictions... $58.5k for EV6 is not that bad... and when it's a 3 year old CPO KIA, I can probably get one for $30k... :ROFLMAO: Why do people buy new anyways? Unless you own a business and can write off the depreciation, it's brutal.
Nothing wrong buying new if you plan to keep the car. As i get older I have no interst in payments forever and I am now starting to hold things longer, one gets tired of bills that seem to just continue on forever

·
Registered
54 Posts
Nothing wrong buying new if you plan to keep the car. People need to learn to use what they have rather than running out to buy the latest and greatest. However as one gets older one gets tired of bills that last forever like me!
I can buy Certified PreOwned and keep those forever and still save more than new. I had a CPO Toyota Highlander, and a CPO Honda Accord (bought them both w/~30k miles - I drove them both to well over 200k miles... sold the Accord for $1k... sold the Highlander for $6k. Some weird taxi company overseas was turning old Highlanders into taxis and paying 'stupid' $$ for used Highlanders.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts