Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
61 - 80 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just got a call, they told me the new online order platform is coming online mid September, and they expect deliveries Nov to October.
I had a call this morning too :)
My notes:
Cars are arriving in October, 2 models only in Aus, LR AWD (~75 – 80K) and LR RWD (~70-75k), All high trim.

·
Registered
MY20 Kona Highlander electric
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I had a call this morning too :)
My notes:
Cars are arriving in October, 2 models only in Aus, LR AWD (~75 – 80K) and LR RWD (~70-75k), All high trim.
October is a bit disappointing, but prices sound about right for bigger battery, high trim. When standard trims start arriving I expect they’ll be around 10k lower.

·
Registered
53 Posts
October is a bit disappointing, but prices sound about right for bigger battery, high trim. When standard trims start arriving I expect they’ll be around 10k lower.
I was expecting ~85K for high trim AWD LR so If he's right at 80k or less I'm happy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes. 10% goods and services tax (GST). Then there's a luxury car tax, 33% of the value above a certain threshold ($79659 for electric vehicles) which all goes to the federal government, then various stamp duties and other charges to the state governments depending where you live - in Victoria it'll be 5.2% for stamp duty, then registration and TAC (which is a state run injury insurance scheme).

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you are trying to compare to US prices this seems to be very close to a Tesla Model 3 LR price on the road here.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did you hear anything about what's standard and what options are available?
All I got was that the first cars coming here are all the highest trim. What that actually includes we won't know until mid Sept unless someone else had more luck getting info out of the Hyundai Rep?

·
Registered
18 Posts
until mid Sept unless someone else had more luck getting info out of the Hyundai Re
No luck with further specs from my call. Only that the spec would be available before the online ordering process - they want to wait until it's released to the press. He also said that if I didn't want one of the colour/interior configs already built that I'd still get priority from the cars currently in production.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you are trying to compare to US prices this seems to be very close to a Tesla Model 3 LR price on the road here.
Thanks. Are you referring to the the highest trim, big battery, AWD version of the Ioniq 5? Are your prices in Australia officially out?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was advised the cars that are on their way are "highest trim" and a mix of RWD and AWD but all LR. Prices are not official but I was advised 70-75k AUD driveway for RWD and 75-80K for AWD.

I am hopeful we get keep under the stamp duty rebate figure of ~78k?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was advised the cars that are on their way are "highest trim" and a mix of RWD and AWD but all LR. Prices are not official but I was advised 70-75k AUD driveway for RWD and 75-80K for AWD.

Thanks again.

I went to the Australia Tesla site and it shows that the LR Model 3 AWD sells for 73.4K AUS$. Does that include the GST that you mentioned above?

·
Registered
60 Posts
You need to select NSW as the state which should show the price as 78.8K AUD inclusive of all taxes etc.
Thanks! You've given me some hope. If Hyundai priced the Limited (top of the line in the US) at about the same as the LR Model 3, that would be outstanding. Even if they priced it the same as the Model Y (4KUS$ more than the 3), that would be tolerable since there's a 7.5K$ tax credit on Hyundai EVs and no credit (anymore) on Tesla cars.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks! You've given me some hope. If Hyundai priced the Limited (top of the line in the US) at about the same as the LR Model 3, that would be outstanding. Even if they priced it the same as the Model Y (4KUS$ more than the 3), that would be tolerable since there's a 7.5K$ tax credit on Hyundai EVs and no credit (anymore) on Tesla cars.
Happy to help. I've spent a lot of time comparing Model 3 and Y prices in the US vs Model 3 here to try to figure out potential model y Australian prices so I feel your pain :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Yes. 10% goods and services tax (GST). Then there's a luxury car tax, 33% of the value above a certain threshold ($79659 for electric vehicles) which all goes to the federal government, then various stamp duties and other charges to the state governments depending where you live - in Victoria it'll be 5.2% for stamp duty, then registration and TAC (which is a state run injury insurance scheme).
Plus a ongoing State tax of 2.5 cents/km in Victoria. I still find that incredible 😜
Fortunately I live in ACT so no stamp duty & 2 years free registration. 😊

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Thanks again.

I went to the Australia Tesla site and it shows that the LR Model 3 AWD sells for 73.4K AUS$. Does that include the GST that you mentioned above?
In Aus you must state the GST inclusive price, or make clear what GST is payable in any quote.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·

And the Kona EV now slots in below that at AUD55,000 standard range & AUD 60,000 for long range. Those prices are before Rego, stamp duty (if applicable), etc. Up until now only the LR model has been sold in Aus.

61 - 80 of 114 Posts