Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 5
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if anyone got OTA capable updates as of yet in the United States. The last update I see is the one from April, wonder when will the next one be and when we'll actually get ota updates for firmware at the least. I would also like to know what's up with the audio update's downtime.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just got my OTA update two days ago, and it is dated May 2022. The notes didn't seem to sound much different than the April one. I'm in Pittsburgh, so not sure how they are rolling these out - regionally?

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 5
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got my OTA update two days ago, and it is dated May 2022. The notes didn't seem to sound much different than the April one. I'm in Pittsburgh, so not sure how they are rolling these out - regionally?
Weird, does the website show you a may update?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nope. It shows 28 April as the latest, but my car shows 220504...
This is because the April update was pulled shortly after first appearing, then re-released in early May with a new file name but the same "April" label. Incidentally, people who installed the original April update are the ones who have been getting the patched "May" version OTA.

Reactions: dxtr

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 5
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is because the April update was pulled shortly after first appearing, then re-released in early May with a new file name but the same "April" label. Incidentally, people who installed the original April update are the ones who have been getting the patched "May" version OTA.
Gotcha. I also see downtime on audio update, is that the case for everyone here? How does that affect the overall process of trying to update your car?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Gotcha. I also see downtime on audio update, is that the case for everyone here? How does that affect the overall process of trying to update your car?
I’m not sure what downtime you’re asking about, but display audio updates are not for Ioniq 5, they’re for cars without nav systems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts