Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
161 - 180 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 rwd 73 kw on order, expected 30/11
53 Posts
Belgian road are terrible 😉
Yes they are, almost the worst in Europe. Not kidding. And the lines ares also confusing. And like a lot of others have reported, the LKA/HDAis very nervous, adjusting continuously, very annoying, it’s making sudden corrections that just don’t feel safe, and then next thing it switches off. The HDA is also a bit to safe, can’t follow close enough in dense traffic even on shortest setting, it slows down all the time.
Just thinking that atm they are not missing out on anything essential. I would gladly trade my HDA2 for OTA and bigger battery.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am still waiting for a concrete answer, I send him again an email this morning. As soon as I know something, I will post it. Sorry for the delay.
Your guy is very lucky to have this much holiday to take!

Hopefully there will be clarity from Hyundai itself in the New Year - as there does seem to be big differences in what individuals and Countries are getting told/updated.

At this time, it does seem a lottery if cars will arrive as MY22, MY22.5 or even MY23 (if that one even exists)

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
813 Posts
Latest Korean news from 23 December about the bigger 77.4KWh battery:
sources:
https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.naver?volumeNo=32998353&memberNo=16519581
[단독] 현대차 아이오닉 5, 내년 1분기 중 배터리 업그레이드..40㎞ 이상 더 간다
2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 could gain range with bigger battery
Translated in English for you.
Hyundai Ioniq 5, battery upgrade in the first quarter of next year.. More than 40km to go
The battery capacity of the electric vehicle Ioniq 5, which Hyundai Motors released this year, is expected to increase in the first quarter of 2022 as early as possible. This is to target the tastes of domestic consumers who are sensitive to mileage.

According to the industry on the 23rd, Hyundai Motor will upgrade the battery capacity of the Ioniq 5 long-range from 72.6kW to 77.4kW. After certification, mass production is scheduled for the end of February, but there is a possibility that it will be slightly delayed in the process of adjusting the parts supply and demand and production schedule

Previously, when Hyundai Motor launched the Ioniq 5 in the North American market in the middle of this month, the battery installed in the long-range trim was upgraded to 77.4 kWh. As there is already production experience, the industry predicted that the domestic update is highly likely to proceed as scheduled.

The battery capacity is increased by about 5.0 kWh, but the effect is positive. The driving range of the current Ioniq 5 long-range equipped with a 72.6kW battery is a maximum of 429km (based on 19-inch tires). However, the range of the North American Ioniq 5 equipped with a 77.4 kW battery was certified as 303 miles (about 488 km). Even considering that the US standards are somewhat looser than that of Korea, it is calculated that it can run more than 60 km.

The domestic certified mileage is expected to be around 480 km. This is because the mileage of the Kia EV6 equipped with a 77.4kW battery on the same platform (E-GMP) as the Ioniq 5 is 475km (19-inch tires, no built-in cam). As the specifications of the IONIQ 5 and EV6 are similar, the IONIQ 5 with increased battery capacity can also expect similar mileage certification to the EV6.

Industry analysts say that this decision reflects the tastes of domestic electric vehicle buyers who prefer ample mileage. Hyundai Motor sold 15,467 units of the Ioniq 5 in the domestic market from January to September this year, and more than 98% of them are 'long-range'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is good news if true. My local (UK) dealer knew nothing about this but if it has just been announced hopefully he can confirm it and I'll order one.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Project 45 and E-Niro 4+. (Previously, Polestar2, Tesla M3, Ampera, Ioniq)
255 Posts
The battery capacity is increased by about 5.0 kWh, but the effect is positive. The driving range of the current Ioniq 5 long-range equipped with a 72.6kW battery is a maximum of 429km (based on 19-inch tires). However, the range of the North American Ioniq 5 equipped with a 77.4 kW battery was certified as 303 miles (about 488 km)
Am i missing something here?
429km from 72.6kW = 5.9 km/kW
488km from 77.4kW = 6.6 km/kW

Even at 6.6km/kW an extra 4.8kW of battery isn't going to yield 60km - only 31.6km ??

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
813 Posts
Am i missing something here?
429km from 72.6kW = 5.9 km/kW
488km from 77.4kW = 6.6 km/kW

Even at 6.6km/kW an extra 4.8kW of battery isn't going to yield 60km - only 31.6km ??
they speak about a minimum of 40 km more to a maximum of 60 km more, but in other Korean articles, they speak also about a better battery management increasing the range.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Will wait to hear from my dealer but my car is currently scheduled for production mid February. If end of feb date is confirmed then I might delay it but I don’t want to delay much more for the sake of 30 or so miles

·
Registered
101 Posts
they speak about a minimum of 40 km more to a maximum of 60 km more, but in other Korean articles, they speak also about a better battery management increasing the range.
I read somewhere on this forum that the battery management software update that was due on my Ioniq 5 and many others delivered in the last few months increased the range. Perhaps that is the same update? I haven't done a long journey since the update, so I can't say if it had any effect on range.

·
Registered
19 Posts
From what my dealer has told me. There is going to be a run of MY22.5 cars to get the cars out of the factory and shipped (this is uk market). She said that they have been notified that orders in the new year would be subject to a price rise, but no further info was available to her.

When I asked about the bigger battery, her view was that a car ordered as a 73kW car would be delivered as that, the price rise would proabaly be for the bigger battery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So, they will upgrade (add more) the battery and add no cost?
As mentioned earlier they seem to increase the price, at least in Sweden (and probably Denmark) by about 2400 euro. Might of course be local though. Have your contact indicated otherwise Jaz?

·
Registered
75 Posts
As mentioned earlier they seem to increase the price, at least in Sweden (and probably Denmark) by about 2400 euro. Might of course be local though. Have your contact indicated otherwise Jaz?
The list price in Denmark are up with ~€800-€1500 depending on model. But monthly leasing prices are lowered by ~€80...
I asked my dealer, and he promised me that I would get the new leasing prices. So I'm going to save some money on the monthly payment, and I'm hoping for the upgraded battery pack (the forecast for delivery is some time in July, so production date will probably be in April or May)

·
Registered
38 Posts
The only confirmation I've seen in the UK is about MY2022.5, there is zero clarity about MY2023.

I checked on my salary sacrifice scheme website (Pendragon) and it confirms that MY2022.5 does downgrade to HDA1.5.
Forward Collision Avoidance Assist is downgraded from turning and cross to just turning.

There is no clarity about what a MY2023 will include. Will it be MY2022.5 + bigger battery, or will they revert back to HDA2 and the more advance FCAA?

My order is in and I'm not changing, as hopefully my car will arrive in April.
I can live without the extra 15-20 miles of range!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Why would any MY23 news be publicised?

That would only result in people not buying the current product which is inferior to current and future models.

It would be business suicide.

·
Registered
38 Posts

That would only result in people not buying the current product which is inferior to current and future models.

Well.
At some point they have to announce the larger battery etc.
It's not business suicide when you have 1000s of backorders - yes, some will cancel and wait another 6 months for the extra 15 miles. However, those cancelled orders will get snapped up by people who can't/don't want to wait.

Basic market forces and economics also come into play - how many extra customer will they get if they can add another 5-10% range vs number of orders cancelled.
Plus, I can almost guarantee, there will be a lovely price increase.

Samsung S22 phone is due out later this year, there are already leaks of info about what it will include.
I can guarantee people will still buy the S21.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #177 ·
Samsung S22 phone is due out later this year, there are already leaks of info about what it will include.
I can guarantee people will still buy the S21.

'Leaks'.

Nothing official, but you expect Hyandai to officially announce something?
I don't follow your thinking.

·
Registered
71 Posts

That they not publicize (Those update now) I understand, since they compete with others manufacturers and maybe it's projection but not yet decided too.
But if true they will give complete OTA possibility update to Ioniq5 MY2023 and up and sacrifice all there first buyers with only partial OTA update. I think this will give bad reputation to Hyundai to only buy new Hyundai product only 2-3 years after first model since you can get incomplete product.
About those battery, I understand they charge for it, since those battery cost a lot compared to few chips maybe and some programing for OTA update.

·
Registered
92 Posts
......Which is exactly what I said 🤷‍♂️. Late March delivery is a Jan build, so a MY22 car. A delay might mean a feb build, which is said to be MY23.
@Dantsw13 and @Jaz
This goes out to Dantsw13 for his reply and Jaz for his liking the comment - it's so refreshing to visit a discussion board where people are polite and respectful ! (No sarcasm intended)

161 - 180 of 280 Posts