Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
141 - 160 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
The information aout the change over dates does not match with info my uk dealer has. Most of the orders have now switched to the 22.5
There re a few odds and sods left on the 22 platform ie 7 rwd long range ultimate with tech and eco. All of the rest of the production is now showing 22.5
Thos few are available in country in march.
Either that or i m not understanding what you are writing about

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
603 Posts
Thats a good find.
So if that's accurate for UK (I see that it says US), then based on 1st production in July, it would be earliest September for delivery (since its 8 weeks transportation!)
By which time, who knows which Greek letter variant we'll be on!!
I think delivery will be after September if production starts in July.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The information aout the change over dates does not match with info my uk dealer has. Most of the orders have now switched to the 22.5
There re a few odds and sods left on the 22 platform ie 7 rwd long range ultimate with tech and eco. All of the rest of the production is now showing 22.5
Thos few are available in country in march.
Either that or i m not understanding what you are writing about
What's included in the 22.5 version though? My understanding is that the 23 version has the upgraded battery, which would likely arrive later.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What's included in the 22.5 version though? My understanding is that the 23 version has the upgraded battery, which would likely arrive later.
Its really what is not included. The chip shortages have meant that the 22.5 spec does not do level 2 Lane assist but only level 1.5.
The 23 version might have the larger battery but all that I have read is more hearsay and hope than anything tangible. That is understandable as Hyundai need to sell what they can make at the moment.

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 AWD - Galactic Grey - OZ Edition
17 Posts
Really... I would be happy to be able to guarantee i will be around in 2023... and will be more than happy with the 2021 car that's arriving in 2022.
I really can't understand the logic in holding on for changes that might occur on the next model.. because its an ever evolving process and like looking for the Holy Grail.
Each to their own of course.. But I'm certainly not that way inclined.. so looking forward to receiving the currant model which I've ordered and expecting.. in the not too distant future.
Agree, we had limited options in Australia, so I just went for it and love my I5. EVs are like laptops and mobile phones, they are obsolete the day you buy them.

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Ultimate AWD + Tech + Eco Galactic Grey on Order
228 Posts
I don’t mind the the newest version having more that’s just life, but going backwards on spec is a joke!

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 73kw on order
75 Posts
Level 2 lane assist is useless, bordering dangerous anyway. At least you wont have to switch it off every time you drive the car on a highway

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 RWD 72,6 kWh Teal-Green
119 Posts
Level 2 lane assist is useless, bordering dangerous anyway. At least you wont have to switch it off every time you drive the car on a highway
That's not what's removed though... That will still happen. You will still have to turn it off.
Can't see why though. I love HDA2 in mine. Super useful. Lane change is also great.

Product Font Screenshot Software Technology

·
Registered
386 Posts
Lane change is great. I've used it on the IONIQ 5 and it's brilliant. A lot of people complain about Lane assist but I've driven 25k miles with it on different road types and never had issues

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry am I missing something here? MY23?! I thought next years model was released in the current year. I.e any orders now will be MY22. Either way, I have just placed an order so will be interesting to see what features come though
My dealer told me yesterday that Hyundai is just about out of the 2022 models and will start production of 2023 imminently. She used this to explain some of the delay? My pre-order now says Sept 2022 build date.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I test drove an Ionic 5 for the second time today (UK) . I read that if you order today it would be with 77KW/H battery but the dealer knew nothing about that, said it would be 22.5 spec which is existing 72kw/h battery and a few OTA updates. Bigger battery might be 30 miles more range, what sort of mileage do you guys get ?

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Ultimate AWD + Tech + Eco Galactic Grey on Order
228 Posts
I test drove an Ionic 5 for the second time today (UK) . I read that if you order today it would be with 77KW/H battery but the dealer knew nothing about that, said it would be 22.5 spec which is existing 72kw/h battery and a few OTA updates. Bigger battery might be 30 miles more range, what sort of mileage do you guys get ?
Not sure where you read that. They haven’t really even said any dates on anything!!

I would guess about 20miles in ideal conditions not even worth worrying about. I’d be more worried about removed functions on 22.5 if that’s true.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure where you read that. They haven’t really even said any dates on anything!!

I would guess about 20miles in ideal conditions not even worth worrying about. I’d be more worried about removed functions on 22.5 if that’s true.

It's on a YouTube video - search 2023 Hyundai Ionic 5 and it's by Auto Vision Korean Car News Channel. In comments afterwards at least one UK punter says his dealer has told him if he orders now he will get 77kw/h battery.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5, Ultimate, Galactic Grey
73 Posts
Its really what is not included. The chip shortages have meant that the 22.5 spec does not do level 2 Lane assist but only level 1.5.
The 23 version might have the larger battery but all that I have read is more hearsay and hope than anything tangible. That is understandable as Hyundai need to sell what they can make at the moment.
Chip shortages cannot affect what are essentially software changes. The driver assist stuff is all in software.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Chip shortages cannot affect what are essentially software changes. The driver assist stuff is all in software.
the software needs to have the right sensors to make sense of it, if those sensors are not in stock and not fast enough produced ... software cant do much without the data

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 RWD 72,6 kWh Teal-Green
119 Posts
They are removing sensors, that is hardware.

Edit: heh, other replies weren’t visible before I made this comment

141 - 160 of 280 Posts