Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
181 - 200 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Well the 6 is a sport coupe and the 7 is a giant suv, not heard anything about smaller car.
He could be thinking of the rumored Kia ev4, which will be smaller than the ev6, and thus smaller than the Ionic 5. Based on how Hyundai and Kia are doing things with this e-gmp platform, it would be logical to assume that there would be an equivalent Hyundai version

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well not that new perhaps but my order was upgraded to 2023 and (at least) in Sweden the changes are:

-77,4 kWh battery
-battery conditioning
-Soft touch materials and Led interior lights in all modells, not just higher trims
-more leather in the upholstery in the models that has part leather, part wool

-smart frequency dampers, which changes "stiffness" depending on drivning conditions

Mine is to be delivered in september.

Anyone has any new updates on 2023 Model year?
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you, do you know if they are changing to USB Type C and updates like Apple wireless CarPlay and Nvidia Drive?

Is yours AWD or RWD.
Well not that new perhaps but my order was upgraded to 2023 and (at least) in Sweden the changes are:

-77,4 kWh battery
-battery conditioning
-Soft touch materials and Led interior lights in all modells, not just higher trims

-smart frequency dampers, which changes "stiffness" depending on drivning conditions

·
Registered
58 Posts

-77,4 kWh battery
-battery conditioning

Oh that's encouraging. Does this mean all ordered scheduled for Sep+ delivery is going to get 2023 models?

Also, did you get any price increase with this bump?

I guess stuff like nVidia processor upgrade and more complete OTA isn't happening for the 2023 model.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh that's encouraging. Does this mean all ordered scheduled for Sep+ delivery is going to get 2023 models?

Also, did you get any price increase with this bump?

I guess stuff like nVidia processor upgrade and more complete OTA isn't happening for the 2023 model.
There was supposed to be an price increase (about 2000-2500 euro) but for the moment it is a bit uncertain what will happen regarding my car. I ordered an AWD in november. My guess is that all cars manufactured from April/May will be upgraded.

Regarding OTA etc my dealer was unsure. So could still happen.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just checked my e-mail from Hyundai. At least for Canada, my Oct 2022 deliverable "Preferred AWD Long Range with Ultimate package" is a 2022 model year. So I guess this varies depending on where you live.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just checked my e-mail from Hyundai. At least for Canada, my Oct 2022 deliverable "Preferred AWD Long Range with Ultimate package" is a 2022 model year. So I guess this varies depending on where you live.
I just checked mine as well -- another late Nov pre-order here. "Preferred AWD Long Range with Ultimate package" in "Shooting Star Gray" -- Oct 2022 delivery, and 2022 Model year. Then again, we ONLY just started shipping/selling the Ioniq 5 here in Canada -- might be a while before they change ours to a 2023. It very unlikely that if its manufactured in Oct 2022 it would be a 2022 model year --- from what I'm reading our 2022s are almost identical to the 2023s that they are shipping in Europe (starting after March/April 2022). Like bigger battery, OTA Upgrades, etc...one can hope though!! (I really want Wireless Android Auto to be enabled...)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just checked mine as well -- another late Nov pre-order here. "Preferred AWD Long Range with Ultimate package" in "Shooting Star Gray" -- Oct 2022 delivery, and 2022 Model year. Then again, we ONLY just started shipping/selling the Ioniq 5 here in Canada -- might be a while before they change ours to a 2023. It very unlikely that if its manufactured in Oct 2022 it would be a 2022 model year --- from what I'm reading our 2022s are almost identical to the 2023s that they are shipping in Europe (starting after March/April 2022). Like bigger battery, OTA Upgrades, etc...one can hope though!! (I really want Wireless Android Auto to be enabled...)
Same here ordered another one for the wife ultimate package . Ordered Dec. 2021, build October 2022.

Did you make typo saying delivery October 2022, meaning build ?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Really... I would be happy to be able to guarantee i will be around in 2023... and will be more than happy with the 2021 car that's arriving in 2022.
I really can't understand the logic in holding on for changes that might occur on the next model.. because its an ever evolving process and like looking for the Holy Grail.
Each to their own of course.. But I'm certainly not that way inclined.. so looking forward to receiving the currant model which I've ordered and expecting.. in the not too distant future.
A bird in the hand......

·
Registered
478 Posts
From ETNews in Korea....

Thanks for posting the link.

How is this a 'new car' though? They filled-in the two missing slots in the battery pack (something we all new was coming anyway), and enabled OTA beyond the infotainment system. Both are great, absolutely, but to call it 'a new car'.....?

Of course there may be a host of other updates and upgrades, I don't know. But to just to say that the information released so far does not really explain why MY 2022 (or 2023) will be 'a new car after just one year'? Up to this point it sounds to my like normal MY progression as all manufacturers do.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is anyone thinking of delaying their order to get a 2023 model? If the 2023 model gets built starting Jan or Feb, I can wait couple of months for the new features, whatever that will be...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is anyone thinking of delaying their order to get a 2023 model? If the 2023 model gets built starting Jan or Feb, I can wait couple of months for the new features, whatever that will be...
I sure am (in the U.S) — though I don't have an order placed. The short supply and consequent mark-ups, and the fact that the 15yo car it would replace is still running are pushing me in that direction.

And giving Hyundai an opportunity to respond to the first model year issues (battery charging system? 12V battery? rear window wiper?) seems worthwhile.

And of course other manufacturers are not sitting on their hands.

(You can file this response under "making a virtue of necessity".)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello from Germany,

I ordered from my dealer on January 18th, 2022. AWD, LR, Digital Teel Green, Uniq + Relex package, 20'', Panorama and black leather seats.

Yesterday afternoon my dealer shocked me with an official message from Hyundai Germany :eek:

As of January 19, 2022, all unsold orders for the Ioniq 5 will be cancelled.
Hyundai tries to build all customer orders from model year MY22.
However, in individual cases the material bottleneck can also lead to the cancellation of the order.

The following passage is added to my contract.

The buyer is informed that the ordered vehicle from the worldwide
Bottleneck in the availability of semiconductors can be affected and therefore possibly
can no longer be produced and delivered.

If we are unable to deliver an IONIQ 5 MY22 you have ordered, you will have the option of ordering an IONIQ5 MY23 from your Hyundai dealer, which we can then re-enter in our ordering system with top priority.

No good news. Now I can only wait and see what happens

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here in USA, as per specs i received from dealer, battery is 77.4 kwh (Limited AWD) and same as EV6. And the year of make is 2022 IONIQ 5 as per my order. I am little confused on the discussion points about bigger battery and year 2022 and 2023. So for USA, the IONIQ 5 is almost same as 2023 Europe version both battery and other upgrades ?

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 RWD 72,6 kWh Teal-Green
119 Posts
Here in USA, as per specs i received from dealer, battery is 77.4 kwh (Limited AWD) and same as EV6. And the year of make is 2022 IONIQ 5 as per my order. I am little confused on the discussion points about bigger battery and year 2022 and 2023. So for USA, the IONIQ 5 is almost same as 2023 Europe version both battery and other upgrades ?
Europe MY23 will have option to add digital side mirrors and digital rearview mirror. Not sure what the difference for MY23 NA will be yet.

181 - 200 of 280 Posts