Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like announcement of the model year 2023 cars is imminent.

Dealers no longer able to put in factory orders unless you want a white car.

I've been procrastinating for a couple of months now but some MY23 improvements could tip me over the edge.

Bigger battery in line with EV6
Updated infotainment system
Black bezel surround instead of white
Ironing out of 'teething' problems

and I'm signing on the dotted line. Probably at a slightly higher cost.

Be good if people could update this thread with any MY23 info as it comes out over this week and beyond and let everyone know if you order a MY23 car and it's expected delivery date etc.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 ..Ultimate 4wd.
116 Posts
Really... I would be happy to be able to guarantee i will be around in 2023... and will be more than happy with the 2021 car that's arriving in 2022.
I really can't understand the logic in holding on for changes that might occur on the next model.. because its an ever evolving process and like looking for the Holy Grail.
Each to their own of course.. But I'm certainly not that way inclined.. so looking forward to receiving the currant model which I've ordered and expecting.. in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
Audi S4 & H2 SX SE
315 Posts
Really... I would be happy to be able to guarantee i will be around in 2023... and will be more than happy with the 2021 car that's arriving in 2022.
I really can't understand the logic in holding on for changes that might occur on the next model.. because its an ever evolving process and like looking for the Holy Grail.
Each to their own of course.. But I'm certainly not that way inclined.. so looking forward to receiving the currant model which I've ordered and expecting.. in the not too distant future.
Exactly, I don't want to wait, some do for various reason. I would like to get my RWD Preferred LR w 77.4 now, start enjoying it and using it. I have learn't one thing, no guarantee of the futre, 2 things are guaranteed, death and taxes and recently a few close friends my age are dealing with the later in terminal ways

·
Registered
38 Posts
Based on this, I've just messaged my lease company to follow up on this, as I only ordered last week!
The changes were announced in Korean press, but with no date, so this might be a significant update.

Either that, or your dealer is desperate for a big Christmas bonus and wants to get as many orders in as possible!

I'll update if and when I hear back

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry am I missing something here? MY23?! I thought next years model was released in the current year. I.e any orders now will be MY22. Either way, I have just placed an order so will be interesting to see what features come though

·
Registered
94 Posts
In canada the Ioniq 5 is advertized as a 2022 model. I would be surprised of major improvements after just one model year run, especially in the current state of things were supply for parts is limited. If they get the supply chain running to produce the actual car at full capacity it would already be a win! Maybe a mid-cycle refresh arround 2025 is more realistic.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry am I missing something here? MY23?! I thought next years model was released in the current year. I.e any orders now will be MY22. Either way, I have just placed an order so will be interesting to see what features come though
(Meanwhile, over here in the states, Hyundai haven't — sorry: hasn't — even announced prices for what I expect will be called the 2022 model. OTOH, calling it a 2023 model would lead prospective buyers to expect delivery starting in mid-2022, which might be closer to reality here... we shall see.)

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 Ultimate AWD + Tech + Eco Galactic Grey on Order
228 Posts
Based on this, I've just messaged my lease company to follow up on this, as I only ordered last week!
The changes were announced in Korean press, but with no date, so this might be a significant update.

Either that, or your dealer is desperate for a big Christmas bonus and wants to get as many orders in as possible!

I'll update if and when I hear back
Korean press?? Not sure about that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This is so frustrating. I have been wanting to order my i5 for over a month now, but it’s taking forever for my employer to get their salary sacrifice lease scheme set up.
It was supposed to be ready for me to order last week, but looks like it will be next week now.
Does anybody know what ultimate configurations they have left in my22 spec? I wanted white anyway, so that’s not a problem, but if I have to order a my23 model, that might put the price outside of my budget…

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD Balance Vision
814 Posts
Looks like announcement of the model year 2023 cars is imminent.

Dealers no longer able to put in factory orders unless you want a white car.

I've been procrastinating for a couple of months now but some MY23 improvements could tip me over the edge.

Bigger battery in line with EV6
Updated infotainment system
Black bezel surround instead of white
Ironing out of 'teething' problems

and I'm signing on the dotted line. Probably at a slightly higher cost.

Be good if people could update this thread with any MY23 info as it comes out over this week and beyond and let everyone know if you order a MY23 car and it's expected delivery date etc.
They will start the production of the updated Ioniq 5 with 77.4KWh etc.. 2023 model at the beginning of January 2022.
All cars that leave the factory from February 2022 on, will be the updated 2023 model. The already ordered cars will be delivered at no extra charge. This has been confirmed by different German dealers. If everything goes well I will probably get an answer next week from the French dealers too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So if my car is due end of Mar22, that will be MY22, but if it’s delayed it might get the bigger battery…..

·
Registered
814 Posts
So if my car is due end of Mar22, that will be MY22, but if it’s delayed it might get the bigger battery…..
Pay attention : You have to deduct plus minus 8 weeks from the planned delivery date to know the production date (boat, customs clearance, registration, etc..). Your dealer should in principle have a view on the actual production date.

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Pay attention : You have to deduct plus minus 8 weeks from the planned delivery date to know the production date (boat, customs clearance, registration, etc..). Your dealer should in principle have a view on the actual production date.
......Which is exactly what I said 🤷‍♂️. Late March delivery is a Jan build, so a MY22 car. A delay might mean a feb build, which is said to be MY23.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Does anyone actually know when MY23 will be released? From what I’ve read it could be for cars built anytime between January and March

·
Registered
75 Posts
They will start the production of the updated Ioniq 5 with 77.4KWh etc.. 2023 model at the beginning of January 2022.
All cars that leave the factory from February 2022 on, will be the updated 2023 model. The already ordered cars will be delivered at no extra charge. This has been confirmed by different German dealers. If everything goes well I will probably get an answer next week from the French dealers too.
I really, really hope that you are right about that. :)
My car has been delayed until July 2022 (I ordered it back in July...). So I'm really hoping for the bigger battery. That would ease the pain for the delayed delivery.
Anything else I could hope to be getting, now that the car is delayed?

·
Registered
Project 45 - Gravity Gold
731 Posts
Does anyone actually know when MY23 will be released? From what I’ve read it could be for cars built anytime between January and March
Jaz gave a pretty comprehensive answer to this above, saying its cars which leave the factory from Feb 2022 onwards

·
Registered
814 Posts
I really, really hope that you are right about that. :)My car has been delayed until July 2022 (I ordered it back in July...). So I'm really hoping for the bigger battery. That would ease the pain of the delayed delivery. Anything else I could hope to be getting, now that the car is delayed?
This is an example of a German future owner who wrote:
The delivery times are unfortunately 8 months in Germany (AWD, 72kWh). I ordered in September this year. The car is expected to be produced in March/April 2022. After consultation with my dealer, it will be the new 2023 version with 77 kWh and OTA technology.
That is what I asked Autovison the Korean Autonews :
I also ordered in September 2021 an AWD Executive version in France that I should receive by the end of April 2022. I hope your information is right. I hope to get the 77.4KWh version with OTA technology. I asked my French dealer but has no confirmation yet .
The answer:
If you're receiving yours in April, then it's definitely 2023. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 282 Posts