Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Premium 73kW
169 Posts
I've never had so many people approach me when I'm about to enter or leaving my car as with this car. Everyone wants to know more and compliments the design.
I'm so happy I didn't buy a Model Y. It looks very BAD in person!
The Model Y is an ugly looking car, proportions are all out of whack, it's got no good angle

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
997 Posts
The Model Y is an ugly looking car, proportions are all out of whack, it's got no good angle
It’s tough when you’re saddled with a sociopath for a ceo and tasked with simply stretching fiskers design and don’t really have any talent on hand to help - hence the cyber truck function over all form make it as cheap and get the markup as high as possible approach (if it ever makes production as the list of real on sale ev trucks continues to grow).

Meanwhile ioniq5, staria, Casper, revised Santa Fe, the list goes on, so many great designs without simply stretching one because margins are thin and the ceo keeps emailing everyone quarterly the end is neigh if they don’t work crazy hours.

Car companies are like sports teams, the Koreans have most of the best talent in all facets right now and it shows. Name another carmaker with a better class beating lineup? Kona N > GTI; Elantra N > golf r, civic type r, gr Corolla; ioniq5 > Id.4, mache e, bz4x, aria - etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm torn on the looks. I think it kind of looks cool, but is a little too attention grabbing for my taste. That said, to me all the other stuff it offers makes it the best EV on the market that is under 75k. (The EV6 has too low a roof so I don't even fit in it, so it is out of contention for me and I'd never want/buy a 100k+ or even 75k+ car). If I wanted people to notice my car the I5's looks might be a positive, but I'd rather have a great car that looks good enough on the outside and great on the inside and that people don't notice. I'd still buy it either way because it kills it on all the things that are important to me.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Funny. Most of the buyers like how it looks. That's (partially) why I own one.

Are you aware that the Kia EV6 and the Genesis GV60 is basically the same car with a different wrapper (if you prefer the more classic aerodynamic sculpted jellybean look)?
First things first average cost if a new vehicle in the USA $50K Well now what are you looking for sedans are dead. Now do you want an electric Porsche dig deep they start at $87K. My point the I5 at $45K is a good deal. I understand that everyone likes something different that's why there's vanilla and chocolate

·
Registered
52 Posts
Why wrap up the superlative electric and operational features of the IONIQ 5, which reportedly costs north of $50K with a $5K market adjustment only to be able to drive down the street in a vehicle that looks like a hatchback? Is a little pizzazz too much to expect for $50+?
This is what i love about car culture. Everyone has a totally unique opinion The result is that practically every car that is purchased, ends up being unique. Car culture is a near perfect mirror of society.

Personally, i absolutely had to get one when i saw it. I never thought that such a car could ever be designed and actually brought to market in today's age of car design. Most cars have all manner of fake bits, weird shapes, lights sticking out all over the place. In my opinion the Ioniq 5 is the best looking car ever made. Probably ever will be made. To me it says purity, purpose, artistry, modern, retro.

I've owned it for about 6 months. I don't believe i will ever cease looking at it with disbelief. I honestly believe it is an instant classic and collectible. Those of us that love it and are lucky enough to have gotten one, understand.

·
Registered
2022 White Ioniq 5 SEL
149 Posts
Why wrap up the superlative electric and operational features of the IONIQ 5, which reportedly costs north of $50K with a $5K market adjustment only to be able to drive down the street in a vehicle that looks like a hatchback? Is a little pizzazz too much to expect for $50+?
Really? On the Ioniq 5 Forum? World EV of the Year and praised by many for its Unique design. Sounds like someone needs to move along to another Forum.

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
997 Posts
This is what i love about car culture. Everyone has a totally unique opinion The result is that practically every car that is purchased, ends up being unique. Car culture is a near perfect mirror of society.

Personally, i absolutely had to get one when i saw it. I never thought that such a car could ever be designed and actually brought to market in today's age of car design. Most cars have all manner of fake bits, weird shapes, lights sticking out all over the place. In my opinion the Ioniq 5 is the best looking car ever made. Probably ever will be made. To me it says purity, purpose, artistry, modern, retro.

I've owned it for about 6 months. I don't believe i will ever cease looking at it with disbelief. I honestly believe it is an instant classic and collectible. Those of us that love it and are lucky enough to have gotten one, understand.
This. There isn’t a better all around for under 75k, it’s such a massive accomplishment.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq hybrid Blue
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Going on a type specific forum and telling everyone you don't like the looks of their car is like calling someone's baby ugly. One of those situations where you're entitled to your opinion but not the most opportune place to voice it.
Excuse me, perhaps I should have gone to the Ford forum?

• Haha
Reactions: Acpantera

·
Registered
655 Posts
Does this do anything for you?
2023 Fisker Ocean
View attachment 45661

Think of the ugliest car you have ever seen on the street for me its the Pontiac Aztek for you maybe a Gremlin or a Pacer. Keep in mind that someone somewhere saw that car on a dealers lot and said she's beautiful that's the car for me. In other words there is an ass for every seat

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq hybrid Blue
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Not at all. I love these discussions about taste and how a car makes you feel. What are your favorite looking cars?
My favorite looking cars have always had classic lines that transcend time. Throughout my life, I have bought mostly mundane vehicles because they were all that I could afford. To wit, my first was a 1951 Packard. Then a ford, a Chevy, a succession of five Volkswagens including a Karmann Ghia, an older Mercedes Benz, an Opel GT, a Cadilac hearse, a Scion xB, and finally a Hyundai Ioniq hybrid Blue. My license plate reads 60 MPG.

The Karmann Ghia and Opal GT qualify and I'll include the Ioniq, while the rest I drool over are any foreign race car.
Right now, for a special daily driver, I'm trying to find a ratty, rusty Datsun 240-Z with good running gear that I can attach a vanity license plate that reads LEPRO Z. :D

Reactions: hatch

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq hybrid Blue
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
2023 Fisker Ocean
View attachment 45661

Think of the ugliest car you have ever seen on the street for me its the Pontiac Aztek for you maybe a Gremlin or a Pacer. Keep in mind that someone somewhere saw that car on a dealers lot and said she's beautiful that's the car for me. In other words there is an ass for every seat
I totally agree with your selection of ugliest cars. Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

• Haha
Reactions: Acpantera

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq hybrid Blue
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
2023 Fisker Ocean
View attachment 45661

It’s tough when you’re saddled with a sociopath for a ceo and tasked with simply stretching fiskers design and don’t really have any talent on hand to help - hence the cyber truck function over all form make it as cheap and get the markup as high as possible approach (if it ever makes production as the list of real on sale ev trucks continues to grow).

Meanwhile ioniq5, staria, Casper, revised Santa Fe, the list goes on, so many great designs without simply stretching one because margins are thin and the ceo keeps emailing everyone quarterly the end is neigh if they don’t work crazy hours.

Car companies are like sports teams, the Koreans have most of the best talent in all facets right now and it shows. Name another carmaker with a better class beating lineup? Kona N > GTI; Elantra N > golf r, civic type r, gr Corolla; ioniq5 > Id.4, mache e, bz4x, aria - etc.
You are correct about South Korean cars and, at the moment, KIA is in the lead...in my opinion.

Reactions: zamafir

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq hybrid Blue
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
2023 Fisker Ocean
View attachment 45661

Attachment won't display.

21 - 40 of 132 Posts