Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq hybrid Blue
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why wrap up the superlative electric and operational features of the IONIQ 5, which reportedly costs north of $50K with a $5K market adjustment only to be able to drive down the street in a vehicle that looks like a hatchback? Is a little pizzazz too much to expect for $50+?

·
Registered
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘19 Ioniq HEV
42 Posts
Funny. Most of the buyers like how it looks. That's (partially) why I own one.

Are you aware that the Kia EV6 and the Genesis GV60 is basically the same car with a different wrapper (if you prefer the more classic aerodynamic sculpted jellybean look)?

Agreed. I was considering the ID4 and Polestar but ultimately went with the Ioniq 5 because of the way it looks. I like the very squared look and the fact that it's a hatchback or "CUV" sealed the deal. The VW was just too conservative/boring. All my previous cars were hatchbacks, mostly VW GTIs BTW. The Ioniq 5 has that old but modern look that I love.

Teslas are cool but look boring now. Get the GV60 or EV6 if you want softer, rounder angles 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
244 Posts
Little hatchback????
Car is big enough and when I see my ioniq5 at parking lot with many other brand cars around, I am thinking “wow” it’s unique and different……..that kind of feeling I have.
It’s very unique distinguished design and I really like it.
I don’t remember any car which is similar to concept car design but Ioniq5 might be the first and last car which is very closed to concept car design unless Hyundai will release “74” concept car into production.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD, cyber gray, gray interior
94 Posts
The look of the car is one of the many things that sold me on my I5. Based on the parking lot reactions of others, many agree. It's style is unique and eye catching, not like the majority of the new look-alike wind tunnel designed jellybeans. You may want to check out the new Ioniq 6 if you want a sleeker look.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Going on a type specific forum and telling everyone you don't like the looks of their car is like calling someone's baby ugly. One of those situations where you're entitled to your opinion but not the most opportune place to voice it.
Completely agree--not sure what the OP wanted to get out of this thread.

So many things could be said in rebuttal, but I'll just leave it alone.

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
968 Posts
Completely agree--not sure what the OP wanted to get out of this thread.

So many things could be said in rebuttal, but I'll just leave it alone.
Right, literally the best looking EV on sale from the best designers in the business.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Cloud

They just get design and proportion in a way no other brand (regardless of cost) does, and it's extraordinary. Take the N Vision 74, why does it look so good? because of the pony? No. Because hyundai said 'hey, the pony gives us license to enter Giugiaro's head space. The heck with the pony (or loose LOOSE reason for this), what would an electric road ready Giugiaro EV look like. BAM.

Everything from the Kasper on up, just fantastic.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Premium 73kW
155 Posts
Why wrap up the superlative electric and operational features of the IONIQ 5, which reportedly costs north of $50K with a $5K market adjustment only to be able to drive down the street in a vehicle that looks like a hatchback? Is a little pizzazz too much to expect for $50+?
I think the reviews and sales numbers speak for the popularity of the hatchback styling of the IONIQ 5. I love the hatchback styling as it gives a nice spacious bright cabin, a high boot for my dog and great headroom in the back seats. It's a bit disingenuous to claim that hatchback style vehicles are cheap, you obviously don't know cars that well and are putting your own biased option on that poorly made claim.

If you want a more teardrop aerodynamic looking EV Hyundai haven't forgotten you cause that's exactly what the IONIQ 6 is. Maybe that's the car for you but the IONIQ 5 is the car for an awful lot of people.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts