Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When will the Ioniq 5 be in the dealer's showroom in the US? I have decided I am going to get an Ioniq 5 or a VW ID.4, which ever one I can purchase first. I am not loyal to Hyundai.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We may get a time frame during the reveal next week, but given that VW ID.4 deliveries to the US will start in March while earliest known delivery of the IONIQ 5 isn't until summer (for some European countries) if you are basing your decision only on which arrives first it will almost surely be the ID.4.

·
Registered
2020 Premium Electric
41 Posts
I've seen the Ioniq 5 referenced as "the 2022 model" so I imagine that means it lands in showrooms in the second half of 2021.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you are able to wait, there is an advantage: we will be able to read reviewers’and owners’ impressions of the car before placing a reservation.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If Hyundai does not change their distribution policy, non ZEV states may never see the Ioniq 5. I wanted to buy a Hyundai Kona EV two years ago when I bought my Ioniq HEV, but Hyundai dealers in central Arkansas could not get them from Hyundai. VW will sell their ID.4 in all states. VW is already training their dealer sales and service folks for the ID.4. Hyundai only does that for dealers in the ZEV states. Personally I have thought this was a poor economic policy for Hyundai.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If Hyundai does not change their distribution policy, non ZEV states may never see the Ioniq 5. I wanted to buy a Hyundai Kona EV two years ago when I bought my Ioniq HEV, but Hyundai dealers in central Arkansas could not get them from Hyundai. VW will sell their ID.4 in all states. VW is already training their dealer sales and service folks for the ID.4. Hyundai only does that for dealers in the ZEV states. Personally I have thought this was a poor economic policy for Hyundai.
I think it is an awful policy.
There is nothing wrong with the ID. 4. It is in my top tier of ev choices.

I am fortunate to live in Oregon which offers a large number of ev choices. I am not feeling that sense of privilege as keenly as I might at this moment. We are at day 9 without power due to an ice storm. An ev doesn’t seem quite so practical right now

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I am fortunate to live in Oregon which offers a large number of ev choices. I am not feeling that sense of privilege as keenly as I might at this moment. We are at day 9 without power due to an ice storm. An ev doesn’t seem quite so practical right now
Sorry about power outage. I already have the wiring to my garage for a level two charger. I am also putting in solar panels just for charging an EV.

Reactions: KrPtNk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, I've been eagerly awaiting the Ioniq 5 reveal, but am worried I won't have the option to purchase it no matter what. The Kona EV isn't available anywhere around me. Have a reservation on an ID.4, that's looking more and more likely to be my next car.

·
Registered
164 Posts

I live in Oregon too. It’s not hard to just go find a public charger. You don’t always have to home charge

1 - 10 of 10 Posts