Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Has anyone successfully managed to enter engineering mode on the Ioniq 5? The usual tricks to enter it don't appear to work on this model.
nope. we have been trying also. the problem is with doing the dealer mdoe / engineering mode, with the volume lvl trick 7-3-1 , is that we need to confirm with the right knob. and ioniq 5 doesnt have right knob.
so its probably a touch on the screen somewhere

·
Registered
Hyundi Ioniq EV Premium SE 2020
34 Posts
nope. we have been trying also. the problem is with doing the dealer mdoe / engineering mode, with the volume lvl trick 7-3-1 , is that we need to confirm with the right knob. and ioniq 5 doesnt have right knob.
Does the 7-3-1 not work when touching the screen to the right of the "update" button in settings like in the 2020 Ioniq that doesnt have the right nob?

·
Registered
Hyundi Ioniq EV Premium SE 2020
34 Posts
what is the full sequence to try?
Go into settings to the screen that shows system info and the update button on the bottom then turn volume to 7 press on the screen in the position indicated below. Then turn volume to 3, press again then turn volume to 1 and press again. Should bring up a screen asking for a code.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's on the title bar (i.e. the one where it says "Software Version") for newer cars without a right knob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you post a picture? Also I wonder if it's different from Linux based units too.
Thanx
The car is currently with an acquaintance. However, I promise I'll post pictures or a video of the process as soon as he returns it!
@Greyhead
Nothing on the title bar itself will change, nor will it give you a visual indication. Just use the title bar as a button. Also, make sure you tap the title bar, not the status bar (the title bar is the part that says "Software Update" or whatever the current tab is. It's below the status bar, which is where you see the clock, network signal bars, etc)
The process is simple enough: tap the title bar space after each time you change the volume.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts