Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
161 - 180 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL RWD Cyber Gray in transit
14 Posts
Don't pay that if you're in the LA area. There are others that have way less or no markup. I paid a $2500 markup at Keyes Hyundai in Van Nuys.. When I was talking to the Hyundai in Torrance they told me they were not going to have a markup, but did have a lot of dealer add-ons. They are also very slow in getting vehicles in, which was another reason I went to Van Nuys.
Curious- what were the add-ons at Keyes, if any?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Curious- what were the add-ons at Keyes, if any?
The KARR security system, Nitrogen air in the tires, and the 3M protection stickers they place around the doors/areas that could get bumped. Was going to say no to the KARR thing, but it was like 700 or something. The Torrance dealership was going to charge more than $1500 for it if I remember.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL RWD Cyber Gray in transit
14 Posts
The KARR security system, Nitrogen air in the tires, and the 3M protection stickers they place around the doors/areas that could get bumped. Was going to say no to the KARR thing, but it was like 700 or something. The Torrance dealership was going to charge more than $1500 for it if I remember.
Same for us with the addition of "theft code"

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hyundai dealer in Torrance, CA has 3 units. They won't talk about the markup over the phone - I strongly suspect it will be $10,000.

I'm going to go look at them this weekend. I fear that the car will ride too low for my wife, as she has been driving minivans for 20 years.
I spoke with them last week and was told MSRP but then all would have about $5K of dealer add ons added. Paperwork required in order to even test drive which I said no to since I wanted a Limited and could not commit to buy a lower trim.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I spoke with them last week and was told MSRP but then all would have about $5K of dealer add ons added. Paperwork required in order to even test drive which I said no to since I wanted a Limited and could not commit to buy a lower trim.
That's crazy that they wouldn't even let you test drive. I really wanted a limited trim too, but I've only seen like 3 so far in all of LA.
I ended up getting the SEL AWD in Lucid Blue. It's a beautiful car!

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's crazy that they wouldn't even let you test drive. I really wanted a limited trim too, but I've only seen like 3 so far in all of LA.
I ended up getting the SEL AWD in Lucid Blue. It's a beautiful car!
They are my local dealer so I was really disappointed as the conversation went from you are one of the first people we want to come check out the car and you can test drive it and we can go from there. To then oh sorry, we are not going to allow test drives without signing paperwork (it seemed like he meant beyond a deposit even which I won't do) and I was upfront about wanting a Limited but wanted my wife to see the car in person. I fell in love with it at the LA Auto Show in November haha.

So, at this point it is just the waiting game until RWD Limited Trims arrive in LA and then finding the dealership that won't screw you over haha. Thankfully I am not in a rush, though would like to have the car by the summer. I have my name on a list at another dealership where the communications have been so much better so I can put a deposit down when they have a VIN that matches what I am looking for. It is a fight between eagerness and patience haha!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yesterday I purchased a Limited AWD in Digital Teal from Tustin Hyundai. MSRP - No markup, no pressure, frictionless and fantastic service. In and out in about an 1 hour. I've purchased a number of vehicles from them over the years and they've always been great.
Yep, that is the dealership I have my name on a list with. I have been messaging with Rick Majors. I had considered the one you bought had it not been reserved prior ;) But the RWD is what I am looking for so as soon as they have one coming to them I am giving them my deposit :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yesterday I purchased a Limited AWD in Digital Teal from Tustin Hyundai. MSRP - No markup, no pressure, frictionless and fantastic service. In and out in about an 1 hour. I've purchased a number of vehicles from them over the years and they've always been great.
Did they do any add ons?

·
Registered
16 Posts
No add ons. Everything negotiated confirmed via email was as expected when I arrived. I was asked during the finance checkout if I wanted extended warranty, but I politely declined and we moved on to the next thing.
I've been speaking with Greg there. He hasn't had much product to sell.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Most we tried in So Cal are 3k, Oxnard is 8k

Had our new SEL flat bedded 200 miles to our home by Inland Empire for $700 last week, plus $3k ADM, and inane paint/fabric treatments for $1k. Gave up waiting for our reserved Limited edition.

Transaction date 1/3/2022 will hopefully get us 'better' tax breaks this tax year................

·
Registered
40 Posts
Got a message from Ourisman Hyundai in MD (Laurel, I think). They've got a Limited AWD coming in early Feb. Doing a 5k markup. It is matte grey. I am not paying above MSRP, but just leaving it here for anyone interested. I don't see any Limiteds on the API, so I guess they get word of these before the API does. Anyway, guy's name is Nick Cutlip if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Don't forget that when you chose the model Y you do not get the federal $7500 tax credit nor do you get 2 years free charging
It's free only if it is 30 mins or less per session. You wont get much from a slow charger.

You would need to use the fast charger to get the benefit but I wouldn't use fast charger all the time. It degrades the battery.

Better to charge at home.

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ 5 Limited Atlas White
62 Posts
Yeah I believe I called and they don't do out of state sales, for others wondering

·
Registered
11 Posts
No add ons. Everything negotiated confirmed via email was as expected when I arrived. I was asked during the finance checkout if I wanted extended warranty, but I politely declined and we moved on to the next thing.
Just confirming, they did give you the $750 instant rebate for the California Clean Fuel Reward right? Both the dealership and the car are on the list so they should be taking the $750 as part of the transaction as one of the CA incentives available. Thanks.

·
Registered
Deposit on Digital Teal Limited AWD
18 Posts
Got a message from Ourisman Hyundai in MD (Laurel, I think). They've got a Limited AWD coming in early Feb. Doing a 5k markup. It is matte grey. I am not paying above MSRP, but just leaving it here for anyone interested. I don't see any Limiteds on the API, so I guess they get word of these before the API does. Anyway, guy's name is Nick Cutlip if anyone is interested.
Bob Bell Hyundai in MD has two more Limited AWD (based on my last call with them). They are doing MSRP plus a paint protection plan ($795). College Park Hyundai has 5 this morning. They are doing $1995 and an appearance package (~$500).

These seem to be allocations ahead of VIN (I got a build sheet with manufacturer number with my deposit). That’s why they aren’t on the API yet. Last time it took about a week for all of those to get into the API.

161 - 180 of 285 Posts